Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backing up my Triton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mayu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject: Backing up my Triton Reply with quote

Hello,
To cover the possibility of changing batteries or to add sounds, I would like to back up my entire Triton with Midi Quest 12.

Already, is this possible? And if yes, how ?
I'm having trouble finding tutorials for this (I'm French).
Thanks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton LE and Korg TR are both listed as being supported by MIDI Quest 12, so backing up should be possible, whichever instrument you have. Connect a MIDI interface between the computer running MIDI Quest, and the Triton/TR. The interface will need to carry SysEx messages to and from the instrument. Not all MIDI interfaces work well with SysEx, so it is necessary to check that communication between computer and instrument is good. SysEx receive by the computer is usually more reliable than SysEx transmit to the instrument. Something to do with the data buffering capability of the interface.

The MIDI Quest 12 online manual is here (in English).

https://www.soundquest.org/Help/MidiQuest12/index.html

Start with the "About Midi Quest" section, and go from there. If you have any questions, do come back here.

Goood luck.

Mayu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for these explanations.
Is there a way to check if the SysEx information was correctly transmitted to the computer?
I'm not very good at English but I'll try.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Google translate, of Bing translate. They are usually pretty good. (Utilisez Google Translate ou Bing Translate. Ils sont généralement plutôt bons.)

One way of testing the reliability of SysEx transfer to a computer would be to perform a complete data dump from the Triton, save it to a file, and repeat the process several times, saving each to a file with a different filename, then compare the contents of each of the files to that of the others. Suitable Windows software, for making the comparison, would be something like Beyond Compare, from Scooter Software:

https://www.scootersoftware.com

If each of the saved files is identical, that would suggest that the SysEx transfer to the computer is likely to be reliable.

Testing SysEx transfer reliability the other way, from computer to keyboard, is a bit less straightforward. If there are errors, the keyboard will probably report that the SysEx transfer has failed. If the transfer appears to have gone OK, than another full SysEx data dump from keyboard to computer could be performed, saved as a file, and compared to the original file, to make sure they are identical.

Mayu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will try. Yes I use Google translate to write to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: