Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never…
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rodrigo.B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you think Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
We must remember
when you buy any keyboard let me say it again any keyboard from any company the day that you purchase it.
The software or operating system that is in that keyboard.
You are stuck with it it will probably never change to get better.
The company has no obligation to update or to fix the keyboard you bought it as is.

Korg would update ,,not for us, but to try to keep up with the competition, or to win us over ,like we're getting something new ( or not to lose sales I can't blame them for that)

because they were losing sales.

Only old people buy arrangers, because they got money.

All of the up and coming bands, that you see or hear none of them use old fashion arrangers.or pa5x or yamaha yamaha genos 2 or roland and so on ...

Look at the stars..

Shania Twain
Taylor Swift
Bruno Mars
Adele
Billie Eilish
Ed Sheeran
Dua Lipa

or any country singer or rap singer or middle of the road singer none of them use a arrange keyboard have you seen it in a video or on stage.

If you see an arranger keyboard it's because the artist( someone like me ) is playing a retirement home or a nursing home or or in your basement or garage or some sleazy bar where old folks are drinking and too drunk to know what's going on .
Or you use it with your three piece band to rehearse, or to keep the band together because the players aren't that good, well it's really like playing karaoke tracks with your life band and follow along and sing. Well that's another story there live bands with all karaoke tracks and you play on top of it that's a subject for another day.

Now, we have the best keyboard arrange on the planet earth,The pa5x,or yamaha genos 2,
and what do we do with it show it off to the drunks at the bar or to our neighbors that come over and jam in the garage . What famous artist uses an arranger keyboard..

Someone tell me or show me who the artist is that uses and arrange keyboard.

Is there anyone under the age of 40 or 50 buys a keyboard like this.

People in young bands they usually buy keyboards as an example like this,
NAUTILUS
Kross
Stage vintage
Nord Grand
and more , not grandpas arrange your keyboard.

I'm just doing some research.

What do you think I knew subject.

When I brought the Pa5x I never thought it would come with fewer features than my old Pa600, that's not logical!

Also when you watch music store videos about the Pa5x, nowhere do they tell you that it doesn't have those functions, they only tell you the good side.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that’s really on you . You are paying a hell of a lot of money for this instrument. Do more diligence next time . Or just return the instrument and get your money back .
SpOoNmAn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're past the return period, sell it to those of us who want one Cool
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, because of Korg's inept approach to public relations and their general attitude towards customer questions (Specifically PA5X) this leaves Korg open to speculation and this type of speculation might lead people to think Korg's reluctance to communicate is due to the frightening possibility they are simply laughing at customers with genuine complaints and concerns...

You can not help wondering if Korg's attitude to all of these issues and observations coming from customers are received with the mindset of... "We have your money, and we know you will be back for more."

Korg very well knows the marketplace for high-end arrangers has diminished over years with few options to satisfy those requiring this type of product...

Should that statement turn out to be true? (You would like to think this is NOT the case, but how would we know???) This would then create a bigger question regarding Korgs' business ethics...

I am sure if Korg continues on this trajectory, this will make many returning and future customers think twice before reaching deep into their wallets.

Last edited by D575 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the solution to all your problems and prayers is waiting just round the corner:
Get yourselves a Ketron Event Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

regards
John Smies
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you think Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:

If you see an arranger keyboard it's because the artist( someone like me ) is playing a retirement home or a nursing home or or in your basement or garage or some sleazy bar where old folks are drinking and too drunk to know what's going on........

Well, there are exceptions.
Leonard Cohen entertained his public with a Technics KN while most of his band had a break in the concert. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nceRfJJZcP4
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Get yourselves a Ketron Event

...you mean .. in the meantime? Wink
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
DaPale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of complaining and grumbling about Korg and the updates to the Pa5X. I have a question about that. These problems when I read them seem to mainly impact the expert user and not the user who uses the Pa5X to make music with styles and sounds. Recording occasionally and creating styles and sounds.
I can imagine that if the regular user were bothered by it, the Internet, including YouTube, would be full of grumbling Korg customers.

As I also mentioned in another thread, Yamaha is no different. Updates sometimes take months, and support on devices is quite short. Even expensive devices often hardly receive any new updates after two or three years. For example, the Genos 1 still has quite a few bugs that the regular user will not notice, but the expert user will. IdeaScale is full of ideas that generally don't get much use, I think. In any case, no responses from Yamaha because they say they are not allowed to say anything about what they are developing. I read that users of other brands have the same thing.

On IdeaScale.com you have Yamaha channels where you can submit ideas and also report defects.
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
Get yourselves a Ketron Event

...you mean .. in the meantime? Wink

Nope, I mean permanently Pete !!!
Oh well here is the perennial discussion about what's best etc. and we all know by now, or should know imho that even the previous range of TOTL arrangers were already fantastic instruments. ( PA4X, SD9, Genos 1). And though there is no accounting for taste their successors are even better and more inspiring.
Having to choose between PA5X, Ketron Event and Genos 2 is a choice of luxury nothing more nothing less, and if you have the pennies to actually acquire two out of those three you should be forever silent so to speak !!!!!
Incidentally Pete, I returned my PA4X to the shop after all and got back a brand new Event. So for a limited period of time I will be playing Event PLUS SD9, which admittedly is a bit too much of a good thing.
Furthermore I would like to add that Ketron is doing lots of stuff to keep the machine updated and as you have well noticed have now come out with a rather revolutionary idea as regards arranger keyboards with the new little module box EVM....

regards,
John
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsmies wrote:

Nope, I mean permanently Pete !!!

As far as I know there is reported bugs and problems with Event from the Ketron users too, so there is clouds hiding the sunshine regarding that Brand / Model as well .. Confused
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
SpOoNmAn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every board that sells enough, and to a passionate group of people, will have more complaints than positive feedback. That's just how it is, and its not going to change. Wait another 1.5 yrs, and the hardcore genos 2 users will be up in arms about issues.

If you constantly whine about having a dust collector in the pa5x, sell it. There are many ppl who would love to buy it. I for one cannot wait for mine to arrive! Cool
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpOoNmAn wrote:
Every board that sells enough, and to a passionate group of people, will have more complaints than positive feedback. That's just how it is, and its not going to change. Wait another 1.5 yrs, and the hardcore genos 2 users will be up in arms about issues.

If you constantly whine about having a dust collector in the pa5x, sell it. There are many ppl who would love to buy it. I for one cannot wait for mine to arrive! Cool

No dust Collector here, in constant use in my rig...

"Constantly whining"... far to dismissive of genuine concerns...

Let me repeat myself....

When we consider all the different perspectives surrounding Korgs PA5X history so far, which has created some division within the community and further afield inside the Korg Umbrella, I do then at times feel that some of this division has been viewed as unnecessary and unwanted by those who may confuse constuctive criticism as negative feedback...

I believe this has happened because customers intentions to communicate constructive criticism as a process to provide feedback as a method that offers specific, actionable recommendations for change and improvement has been completely lost in an echo chamber which is of Korgs making, this I believe has happened because of the most unfortunate change in policy that Korg have recently adopted concerning two-way communication...

This has clearly damaged and hindered relationships between Korg and a large section of the arranger community, including division inside the community where genuine intentions by those who would like to provide good constructive feedback in the hope this should then facilitate some positive outcomes, this has now been left unattended (as far as we know) by Korg and has become the cause of much frustration...

I do sincerely hope this situation will be recognised by Korg and resoved in the not too distant future, but unfortunately in the mean time, I also understand the process that is being played on this forum and further afield in the hope Korg recognise the need for positive change in policy which would then be beneficial for all.... Korg and the Customer.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At long last I went into my local store and tried a Pa5X 76.

Keybed felt great, with just enough feel for my taste.

Layout vastly better than a 4X.

Sound quality, OMG these sound great right out of the box.

Keyboard Sets, excellent combis and Fx set up etc

Individual Sounds great.

OK so there are bugs, and missing features but for the home player like me it fits the bill as is.

Next week I am going for another try and the. More than likely I’ll buy one.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
At long last I went into my local store and tried a Pa5X 76.

Keybed felt great, with just enough feel for my taste.

Layout vastly better than a 4X.

Sound quality, OMG these sound great right out of the box.

Keyboard Sets, excellent combis and Fx set up etc

Individual Sounds great.

OK so there are bugs, and missing features but for the home player like me it fits the bill as is.

Next week I am going for another try and the. More than likely I’ll buy one.

Good news and on that basis I am sure you will be pleased with your Pa5x and may you have many hours of pleasure from it...

And for all those who are working hard by way of nuged
at Korg to facilitate a better outcome for many PA5X owners, then I hope they can also rely on your continued support Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: