Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R3 Matrix intensity [mod knob] switch to unipolar possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaveTable30

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:05 pm    Post subject: R3 Matrix intensity [mod knob] switch to unipolar possible? Reply with quote

Hi

Is it possible to switch the R3's polarity for the 4 knobs, where you are adjusting mod matrix intensity [either from P1-P6 Int level] as unipolar? The default mode as it as bipolar.

I am using Midi CC via a controller surface, and whenever I move the slider from the middle, it goes either +/- at either extreme. Its not 'bad', but having to set the zero point for the matrix slot intensity to zero, means it wont be easy to get it to '64' from 0-127, i.e. exactly in the middle.

Ive checked the manual and haven't found it [yet] because I just gave a cursory look. Thanks!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

No, unfortunately that is not possible. Also the knobs get their "polarity" depending on the function (page) that is selected.
Next to that, it is totally unrelated to the MIDI CC messages acting on the same function.

The issue of unipolar/bipolar seems to me a problem that needs to be solved at your controller side. Which one are you using?

Have fun!
WaveTable30

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your input, its appreciated. One potential workaround i almost hoped i might try for my faderfox mx12 [thats what im using] is to see if setting fader polarity to unipolar might work on its end. unfortunately the 'standard' vs bipolar setting yields no change. No huge deal actually, more of a 'would be nice if' things. I only really needed that specifically for the mod matrix intensity amounts.

if though i could get it to be mapped to a knob instead, i could try that as an alternate possibility if that were to work.ill know soon enough cheers
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I looked at Faderfox mx12 manual. It is a bit sparse. Smile

Indeed the bipolar setting on the mx12 will have not much effect. The only thing that will change is value that is displayed on the mx12 when moving the fader. At the bottom it will show -63, in the middle 0 and at the top +63. But on the MIDI cable values from 0 to 127 will be sent.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for: suppose you want only intensity levels in one direction (only positive or only negative with a clear 0 level). Then change the lower and upper value of the fader (by using button 7 and 8 in edit mode).
* Lower value to 64, upper value to 127: the fader will range from 0 intensity at the bottom to +63 intensity at the top.
* Lower value to 64, upper value to 0: the fader will range from 0 intensity at the bottom to -63 intensity at the top.

Good luck.
WaveTable30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, yeah, that is what im trying to accomplish. I hadnt thought of changing the upper and lower values, but it makes sense to try it, and lo and behold, it worked!

I had assumed 0 would just start from zero and hadnt thought to try halving the values. thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: