Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My YT channel with some songs played on PA5X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
F-Minor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject: My YT channel with some songs played on PA5X Reply with quote

Hello all!,
Recently I put some songs I played in my home studio on YouTube. This is the first time in my life that I have done something like this with my own recordings. Hopefully more recordings will follow over time!
It might give you an impression of what you can do with the PA5X even as a less advanced player. (The pros are probably better off skipping this). I never had lessons and taught myself to play. So please don't judge too harshly... I'm actually quite proud of some of the recordings. Cool
My YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@FransV2010

Sorry in advance for the sometimes poor image and sound quality... I make the recordings directly with my smartphone. Certainly not a professional option, but the most practical for me at the moment.

I hope you still find it useful and inspiring!

F-Minor

PA5X 88 (& I love it! Smile )

YT: https://www.youtube.com/@FransV2010
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see and hear you playing your instrument . Well done and keep having fun .

Thank you for sharing your joy !

This is an old clip of me playing my trusty old pa1x and singing with my family in the church basement .

It’s over 13 years old but still makes me smile .

I hope it makes you smile too 👌
https://youtu.be/lubAqrhzzxo?feature=shared
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Worth,
I just love that video of you and your family, the PA1X (with built in speakers) was a brilliant arranger. It just had a lovely sound to it. I had the PA2X Pro and did not think it was anywhere near as good.
Chris
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi F-minor,
You have put a lot of hard work into your videos. It would be great if you could find a cable (or some way) to connect the PA5X directly to your phone as it would improve the audio substantially. Maybe another Forum Member could point you in the right direction.
Keep up the good work.
Chris
F-Minor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Great to see and hear you playing your instrument . Well done and keep having fun .

Thank you for sharing your joy !

This is an old clip of me playing my trusty old pa1x and singing with my family in the church basement .

It’s over 13 years old but still makes me smile .

Yes, it made me smile indeed! Smile A very musical family and well sung and played! Thank you for your post and kind words! Well appreciated!

F-Minor

F-Minor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi F-minor,
You have put a lot of hard work into your videos. It would be great if you could find a cable (or some way) to connect the PA5X directly to your phone as it would improve the audio substantially. Maybe another Forum Member could point you in the right direction.
Keep up the good work.
Chris

Thank you very much, Chris! Your advice is also appreciated. But I think I will need to replace my phone first… problems with the audio input! Rolling Eyes

F-Minor

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth wrote:

Warmed my heart 💖
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
bensel46

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice to see Frans. 👍👍

Greetings from The Netherlands.
Ben

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
F-Minor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bensel46 wrote:
Very nice to see Frans. 👍👍

Greetings from The Netherlands.
Ben

Hi Ben,
Thank you, nice and motivating to hear! Very Happy
Hartelijke groet terug uit NL Cool

F-Minor

QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Frans, you have an excellent song choice!

very nice to see some positive posts on this forum Smile
F-Minor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
Great work Frans, you have an excellent song choice!

very nice to see some positive posts on this forum Smile

Hi Qui,
Thank you for your compliment! I’ve seen all your tutorials (some multiple times). Superb knowledge of the PA5X and great musical skills combined make them the best on the internet IMHO.
Keep up the good work and I agree: this forum can really use some positiveness! The PA5X is the best sounding keyboard I ever owned and playing it is…. Well… an addiction in my case! I’ve had no technical issues with the instrument yet, but I’m a basic level user I guess. More into playing then into programming etcetera. Cheerz !!,

F-Minor

JagiChan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F-Minor wrote:
chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi F-minor,
Keep up the good work.
Chris

Thank you very much, Chris! Your advice is also appreciated. But I think I will need to replace my phone first… problems with the audio input! Rolling Eyes

F-Minor: Nice performances. You don't need to change your phone, the video quality is great. For the audio quality, all you need to do is the following (I follow this procedure to make my videos'); it is a little extra effort but in the end, it is worth it.

(1) Record your performance video & audio on your phone (use the record function on the PA5X to record the keyboard sound in pristine quality). You will end up with an MP3 file (quality can be adjusted during recording).
(2) Copy the MP3 file to your phone.
(3) Use Video editing software on your phone. I use "PowerDirector".
(4) Add the MP3 file to an empty audio track in the "PowerDirector" project.
(5) Extract the original audio from your video to a separate track.
(6) Align the added MP3 track (from step 4), to coincide with the video. Use the original audio recorded by phone as a guide.
(6) Mute the original audio. Check the playback of the video and MP3 audio.
(7) If Video and Audio are synchronized, then you can delete the original audio (from step 5).
(Cool Produce your video in the format desired (SD, HD, UHD, etc...).
(9) Now your produced video will have perfect quality audio. Upload to YT/Insta/FB/... and enjoy

That's all to it. Hope this helps.
F-Minor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
F-Minor wrote:
chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi F-minor,
Keep up the good work.
Chris

F-Minor: Nice performances. You don't need to change your phone, the video quality is great. For the audio quality, all you need to do is the following (I follow this procedure to make my videos'); it is a little extra effort but in the end, it is worth it.

(1) Record your performance video & audio on your phone (use the record function on the PA5X to record the keyboard sound in pristine quality). You will end up with an MP3 file (quality can be adjusted during recording).
(2) Copy the MP3 file to your phone.
(3) Use Video editing software on your phone. I use "PowerDirector".
(4) Add the MP3 file to an empty audio track in the "PowerDirector" project.
(5) Extract the original audio from your video to a separate track.
(6) Align the added MP3 track (from step 4), to coincide with the video. Use the original audio recorded by phone as a guide.
(6) Mute the original audio. Check the playback of the video and MP3 audio.
(7) If Video and Audio are synchronized, then you can delete the original audio (from step 5).
(Cool Produce your video in the format desired (SD, HD, UHD, etc...).
(9) Now your produced video will have perfect quality audio. Upload to YT/Insta/FB/... and enjoy

That's all to it. Hope this helps.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I don’t think there is an easy way of recording a complete live played and arranged song in one go available in PA5X yet. I would love to have it in a future OS update: a quick record option with all the style and KS settings right in front of me. I could be wrong, but I don’t think it’s available/possible now.

F-Minor

F-Minor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: My YT channel with some songs played on PA5X Reply with quote

F-Minor wrote:
Hello all!,
Recently I put some songs I played in my home studio on YouTube. This is the first time in my life that I have done something like this with my own recordings. Hopefully more recordings will follow over time!
It might give you an impression of what you can do with the PA5X even as a less advanced player. (The pros are probably better off skipping this). I never had lessons and taught myself to play. So please don't judge too harshly... I'm actually quite proud of some of the recordings. Cool
My YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@FransV2010

Sorry in advance for the sometimes poor image and sound quality... I make the recordings directly with my smartphone. Certainly not a professional option, but the most practical for me at the moment.

I hope you still find it useful and inspiring!

In the description on YT of the songs I've played with the arranger (Keyboard covers) I've added which style I've used and the bpm. This may be useful for some to choose a style for a similar or different song.

F-Minor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: