Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pb with "No space available on medium"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daviddenargis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:58 pm    Post subject: Pb with "No space available on medium" Reply with quote

Hi everyone
I think there is a bug on my kronos 2 because sometimes when I try to record an audio track, I have suddenly the message "no space available on medium"
The first time I had this message I thought it was my internal DD and I have changed it for a 1To.
So now I have check the internal DD and it's 90% free.
So what is the problem ?
I have deleted some audio files in the concerned song but it's worst.
After that it seams to record my entry but when I play it, there is sound, the record on track disappear ans the file that I have recorded is only 88ko
Is someone ever had this problem ? and did you find a solution for this issue ?
Thanks a lot for your answers
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
You said : "when I try to record an audio track, I have suddenly the message "no space available on medium"

On what Kronos window page are you when you see this message ???????

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
daviddenargis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour et merci pour votre réponse, il semble que vous soyez de Paris.
Je viens de visiter votre site.
Je continue en anglais au cas ou des gens de korg me répondent aussi.
So I'm in sequencer mode to record audio and midi tracks of my song (drums, guitar, bass, voice).
Maybe I have find a solution this morning but I'm not sure.
First of all I've worked and loaded my song many times since one year at least.
And this morning I have discover that in the audio/sampling menu of my song, the sampling setup was set in save to ram.
So maybe I had the ram overflow.
Maybe the long name of the song could have made a second issue. So I've also changed the name of the song.

My question :
If the sampling setup on the sequencer mode is set in "save to ram" could it have made the issue "no space available on medium" ?
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question :
If the sampling setup on the sequencer mode is set in "save to ram" could it have made the issue "no space available on medium" ?

Je réponds en français.
C'est probable mais comme je n'ai jamais fait attention à cela lorsque j'enregistre des pistes audio dans le séquenceur du Kronos je préfère laisser la parole
à d'autres membres de ce forum.
Je regarderai quand même mais je ne suis pas chez moi actuellement

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Available RAM in the Kronos depends on how much is loaded at bootup. In my case there is only a couple MB left at my normal bootup, so to maximize RAM before I do a multisampling session, I must clear everything.

Everyone can work differently, but in my case for recordings or song tracks I would always record on the SSD. I use the Kronos RAM exclusively for multisampling sessions, during which I create new instruments. HTH

Last edited by KK on Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
wocongming

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pb with "No space available on medium" Reply with quote

daviddenargis wrote:
Hi everyone
I think there is a bug on my kronos 2 because sometimes when I try to record an audio track, I have suddenly the message "no space available on medium"
The first time I had this message I thought it was my internal DD and I have changed it for a 1To.
So now I have check the internal DD and it's 90% free.
So what is the problem ?
I have deleted some audio files in the concerned song but it's worst.
After that it seams to record my entry but when I play it, there is sound, the record on track disappear ans the file that I have recorded is only 88ko
Is someone ever had this problem ? and did you find a solution for this issue ?
Thanks a lot for your answers

i think i can solve your problem. i had the same issues a couple times and i realized that i had TOO many songs saved in my internal SD with tons of audios. it was the overage of all the saved songs that caused that for me. so if thats the case for you, simply save all those songs to a thumb drive and then delete them from your internal. also, what helps is, in utility mode, theres a top right pull down menu that says something like, DELETE ALL UNUSED AUDIO SAMPLES, or something like that. do that for ALL your songs so all your takes that you did for the audio recording that were just mistakes and unused, are deleted. dont worry. IT WONT DELETE ANY OF THE AUDIO RECORDINGS YOU KEPT AND SAVED ONTO YOUR SONG! hope this helps./
daviddenargis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thank you very much for your help.
I will try all these solutions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: