Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drumlogue - Live Recording Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keytarhero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:52 pm    Post subject: Drumlogue - Live Recording Issues Reply with quote

When live recording VPM/User MIDI data on my drumlogue, notes and ties between notes are not consistently recorded when recording either via the 'To Device' port or via a device connected to the 5-pin MIDI In.

The weird thing is that notes play in well enough whilst recording, sounding both in time and appropriately tied, but the resulting playback is somewhat random. Every once in a while it will work, but recording fails to capture the performance more often than not

I've tried recording without quantization, and slowing the program down to half and quarter the target tempo yet none of these changes appear to make a difference; notes are skipped, ties sometimes appear for no reason and other times don't appear when intended. I don't think my playing is so bad that I can't enter 8th notes in time at 60bpm so I'm assuming that it's a recording latency problem, or just a software bug.

I'm currently using a dedicated nanopad2 on the 'To Device' port and an Arturia KeyStep on the MIDI In 5-pin port as test input devices.

Has anyone else bumped into this issue?

[What would really help with the Drumlogue IMHO is a simple sequence/motion editor on a host computer (along with a sample loader - manually numbering 100+ individual files is a real chore), but that's another post!]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: