Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something I found

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 am    Post subject: Something I found Reply with quote

Just for your information.

My korg PA 1000 with RCA video.
I have upgraded a few times and up to os1.51

been downgraded to OS1.20
and everything worked fine and dandy no problems at all.
After the upgrade to 1.5 started having problems. Reformat the machine install 1.2
no problems again, reformatted the machine to 1.51, and loaded the backup in one file at a time and tested it all seem fine work with it for a couple jobs then it was acting up goofy volume changes and other things. Then I reformatted everything went back toos 1.2
and now everything seems to work fine again...

So is there something different between PA1000 that has RCA video is different than HDMI keyboard..

There's different computer chips edit for the video out and the way they write the code must be confusing or different or just sloppy code writing.
yes there is two different files for the keyboard ,, pkg and upd ..but something different somewhere.

Or my keyboard is just old and breaking down..

But why give an old keyboard more samper room now???

On the PA 4X when we got more sample room and 3.0 you had to delete all of your samples before you could install the new OS or it would not work right but you don't have to do that on the PA 1000 something's up..

and yes I did delete all of my samples on the PA 1000 before I tried any update.
Piotr1967

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Something I found Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:

Does the RCA output on your PA1000 work with any version of the operating system ?
Akai Synthstation 49 + iPad 3 (synth apps)
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject: os120 Reply with quote

That I recall it did work fine ,I only use it a few times to see how it looked and just for fun ...

on the job I never use it ...

Why my keyboard works best with OS120, I don't know, and since I do not need the extra sample room it's fine with me.

Maybe there is no difference between operating systems maybe it's all in my head.

when korg adds more functions they are moving things around or adding more jumps to the code somehow things just don't seem right sometimes.
and they say
General performance improvements every time, I don't think they go through each line of code each time they add something and clean it up.

Once the main screen boots up the four keyboard sets that are on the screen at the bottom where it says piano trumpet violin flute I did notice an operating system 120 , the icons little pictures of the instruments were showing first,
that the words come up a little slower on the screen we're on operating system 151 the icon and the words showed up together.

Or does the screen come up slower and it gives the os it time for the words to show up after the whole screen is written.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: