Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never sell the Trinity...Never!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nythiul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I just started reading these forums and I'm surprised to see a few of you reminiscing on the 01/W. I've had an 01/W for about 15 years now and I'm still writing with it. I can't believe it has been that long. What is it that sticks out to you about the 01/W? It's the only keyboard I've ever had and I love it. I write in a gothic/neoclassical/ethereal style and the 01/W has provided me with a great gateway to do it.

I'm looking at obtaining a Triton Extreme now. I was looking over the program/combi list last night and it's so expansive that it made me think back to when I first got the 01/W and everything was so new sounding. I had my eye on a Trinity years ago, but I just didn't have the money to get it. It looks like a lovely board though. It's certainly the sexiest. Cool
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I love this thread. It really shows how deep rooted the love to this amazing board is.

I am sorry guys I have not visited here often. I have been so busy, and now I am using my Beloved Trinity playing on a worship band. I love it so much. You know, its amazing how many people come and say, hey, is that a new synth from korg? Well, you know they dont know its over 10 years old. And, when they hear the pads, the amazing strings, the organs, oh man, it is so beautiful !

Last night in worship I used the octave string patch in a song and my brothers were saying that it sounded like we had a bunch of violins playing at the same time with us. Wow, that to me was amazing. This board only has 32 voices, and the sounds coming out sound like I was pressing 128 voices at once. HOw amazing is that?

DO NOT SELL IT!

You guys know that I am one of the lucky or blessed I should say, that was able to repurchase my Trinity back from the guy I had sold it to.

He had bought it in hopes of forming a band, and it never materialized. Used it only twice and thats it. GOt a nice case with it and in perfect time too, since the opening in the worship band was there just in time for me and my beloved Trinity to worhip the KING OF KINGS.

I am now even using it with One man Band 10.0 to make nice drum tracks and bass tracks in realtime, just like an Arranger keyboard. The only difference is that I have to use the computer to do that. But in OMB I set the trinity to be the slave for midi sync, and whatever I play on OMB gets recorded in realtime in the Trinity sequencer. That right there, saved me a bunch of money. LONG LIVE OUR TRINIYT!!
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
Pabl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say there's life inside the Trinities... well there certainly was in mine.

I opened it last tuesday to repair a black key. Not only did I repair it (it was a glue work), but I also solved some other problems I had, which were due to bad connections of some cables. But my surprise was to open it and find a little spider, so confortable in its aluminium house. I regret I didn't have a camera with me.

This Trinity has travelled a lot. It's originary from the US, then flew to Italy, and now it's in Spain, so I don't know the nationality of the spider.
semmi78

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice thread! As a Trinity lover myself I will not sell it ever. A few reasons for that:

-I know the Trinity in depth: If I want a certain sound I just make it!
-I like its sound and a lot of the sounds are superior to the Triton
-I would not get much from it anymore so selling it is not really like cashing tons of money Laughing
-my Trinity is about 10 or 11 years old. It had a few tough years packing and unpacking from the flightcase. furthermore some of the prints on the case are completely worn off. Twisted Evil
-it just is a valuable addition to my setup.
salcerin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Comments!!
Fortunatelly I found A New Korg Trinity from an elder gentleman here in NY, He did not used it,and sold it to me for US$400, it is nice in the case with everything,the screen is very,very clear, I installed the PBS option on it and loaded many of the samples I download from the korg italy website, this keyboard sounds incredible,I have a Triton Extreme 76 and CAN NOT Embarassed mach the sound of the trinity.

I have load the ORO, collection, NOMADI,etc, And many more,this is the Best.
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, you're infecting me with an incredible GAS...
I've always wanted my Trinity back, but now reading this thread makes me want that more and more!!!

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you seriously considering it? There's always a few on Ebay. I noticed this one today (not mine, of course):

http://cgi.ebay.com/KORG-TRINITY-V3-V-3-HDR-MUSIC-WORKSTATION-DRS-KEYBOARD_W0QQitemZ140147693717QQihZ004QQcategoryZ38089QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
salcerin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys sell your trinity then you are going to regret it later.

I have a Yamaha Motif ES, Triton Studio , Triton Extreme 76, Korg T3, and when it comes to sound none of this keyboard come close to the trinity, I have tryed to recreate the sounds with the triton , so I can recreate the sounds I like, I tweek every sample, effects,Parameter,etc same as on the trinity, and never can get that trinity sound, Why???

Last night I got a sound disk for the trinity from my friend and found an Octave Piano very realistic(same as the Octave Piano A#15 on the Yamaha PLG150-AP $360 expansion Board from Yamaha) I tryed to recreat that piano sound on the triton extreme,tweeked every parameter on the triton same as on the trinity,But I never got the sound as on the trinity,,, Why??

Ok Folks, Don't even think about selling the Trinity, You Better Believe it.Trust me Very Happy Very Happy
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

salcerin wrote:
If you guys sell your trinity then you are going to regret it later.

I have a Yamaha Motif ES, Triton Studio , Triton Extreme 76, Korg T3, and when it comes to sound none of this keyboard come close to the trinity, I have tryed to recreate the sounds with the triton , so I can recreate the sounds I like, I tweek every sample, effects,Parameter,etc same as on the trinity, and never can get that trinity sound, Why???

Last night I got a sound disk for the trinity from my friend and found an Octave Piano very realistic(same as the Octave Piano A#15 on the Yamaha PLG150-AP $360 expansion Board from Yamaha) I tryed to recreat that piano sound on the triton extreme,tweeked every parameter on the triton same as on the trinity,But I never got the sound as on the trinity,,, Why??

Ok Folks, Don't even think about selling the Trinity, You Better Believe it.Trust me Very Happy Very Happy

I had made some songs on my ex Motif ES and then on my ex Roland x6, I could not make them sound like on my Trinity. Although my trinity only has 38 note poliphony, it still sounded thick and powerful faithfully playing my songs on its sequencer. And guess what? Poliphony is not even an issue now as we have these awsome sequencers on the PC that one can record up to who knows how many midi tracks. Whats even cool is that once you record a midi track, all you have to do is record it as Audio in you DAW. If for some reason you dont like it, then go back to your midi track and change it, re-record the audio track and thats it. Thats why I love the trinity, you can make thick arrangements, and no one will ever know that it was all done with 38 notepoli.

Have I mentioned the startup time. This awsome Trinity boots up in less than 10 SECONDS !!! Seriously. I have all the available options onboard mine and still it boots so fast I take the luxury of turning it off on stage while the pastor speaks. When we go back up to play the closing songs, I turn it back on and it is ready for rocking in less than 10 seconds. I love this board. I truly hope it lasts for ever!!
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
pegnafroy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everyone:

Personally, i would never sell the trinity, but i don't have a car. My Trinity is the bigger one (ProX), and my friends and my back suffer every night that we need to play.

Now, i'll sell the beast and then i'll buy one of the smaller (Plus or Pro), because we have a relationship of 10 years of music, adventure and love.

So, please, wish me luck in my quest, because Santiago of Chile is a city that don't apreciate the quality and the sound of our trusties trinities.

Saludos desde Peñaflor... pues mi nana renunció y tuve que venirme donde mis padres para que cuidaran mi hija mientras salgo a trabajar.

Froilán

Si no puedes contra ellos, cambia de vocalista...
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I had no choice but to leave my beloved Trinity V3 at home and play at church with the church's 76 Triton pro.

I regret it!

Could not find a single patch to match my voices in the trinity. Seriously, the pads, strings, everything, it just sounded like i was playing my old Korg i30. Oh my God, next time I will not leave my trinity at home. No matter what!

Even the band members where saying, something is missing in our sound tonight. Well, it was fast discovered my FAT, THICK sounding trinity was not there.

DO NOT SELL IT!

I LOVE my Trinity v3, Thank you God for giving these folks at KORG this knowledge to make such a beautiful sounding Instrument.

Blessings to all.
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Quote:
I never understood why the Z1 was such a commercial flop

I always felt it was ahead of it's time.
Today... it's a highly respected synth.
Regards.
Sharp.

... and nurtured and worshiped by many, and yet owned by lucky some Smile I still love playing around with it, it's just very good for my music process - it's inspiring, just like OASYS.

I remember when I had a huge concert with my band on our capital's main square (a shitload of people was there), I had a TS88 and Z1 and the only reason why I had a Z1 was - it had a kickass analog-type paddy sound that I used for "Private Investigations" by Dire Straits intro (we liked to play their songs in extended, live, "On the night live" versions)... It was cracking the speakers and giving me goosebumps Smile I had more then a few keyboard players backstage later asking me about that particular sound...
Ah, the good not-so-old days Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.

Last edited by vEddY on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nythiul wrote:

I'm looking at obtaining a Triton Extreme now. I was looking over the program/combi list last night and it's so expansive that it made me think back to when I first got the 01/W and everything was so new sounding. I had my eye on a Trinity years ago, but I just didn't have the money to get it. It looks like a lovely board though. It's certainly the sexiest. Cool

Get it if you can, at least the rack version. It's a couple hundred EUR/USD cost which will make you smile forever Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
klarnet basowy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aarrgghh.. this thread make me think that I could have bought a used Trinity insted of my TR61.. Sad
is the Trinity that good compared to the Triton engine?
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: