Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

burning a CD from M50
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the insidious 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: burning a CD from M50 Reply with quote

I have recently purchased the M50-88 and in the process of writing and saving music on the SD card. I would like to burn CD's with the demo material I've created but don't know how. I 'm a drummer not a tech-y sorry if I should have stayed in school longer. but anyway, I'm using a MAC notebook and would like to store my music in a file and burn a CD from there. Anybody have any ideas? or simply, how can I burn a CD from my M50-88 ???
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Insidious,
Welcome To Korg Forums!

To answer you question heres best to do.
Insert your SD chip into the Mac, assuming it has a slot. Than open the file Location of it. Copy it to My Documents. Download iTunes if you don't already have it and drag and drop into iTunes.
It is a Wav. File and thus very big. Left click on your song and select Create MP3 Version and it will make it Mp3, still big but MUCH smaller.
Than go to file and select Create Playlist name it, and drag songs taht you want on the CD to the playlist. Click on the playlist...you'll see all the songs. in the bottom of the screen, click burn CD.
That should do....let me know if this isn't clear enough!

good luck mate! Very Happy

pruavida
dj
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE: converting a wav to mp3 will severely degrade the quality of the sound. ALL software that can create audio CD's can burn .wav files to CD audio.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
the insidious 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: can't drag music file into i-tunes Reply with quote

Thank you for your time and reply, but I still can't drag the file into i-tunes. It appears to be a .SNG file and i-tunes won't accept it. Don't know how to change the format or get it into my playlist. So I'm still stuck here...?
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .sng file is a Korg format not readable by itunes.
You can create a wave file on the M50.
You can also convert it to an aiff file, if needed with the M50.
See page 127 of the O.G. for instructions on creating a wave file.

The next step would be to get the audio file into your
notebook, which shouldn't be a problem. Wink
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi tritex,

to which document are you referring?

i check in Parameter Guide (PG) and Owner Manual (OM) but i haven't sound any references to creates wave/aiff files with the M50.

i know this is possible on M3 using the sampling option, but on M50 how can you can create a wav file out of the sequencer?

thanks.
the insidious 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the manuals and I'm lost here because they make no reference to making an mp3 or other file type. I'm still stuck with the .SNG file that leads me no where. So my question remains the same, "How can I burn a CD from an M50-88, using my MAC notebook?" Thanks to the responses I understand that SNG files are Korg extnesions but I need a way to reformat the SNG file into something else that I can download into i-tunes so I can burn the CD. Please don't give up on me, I went to the Apple store and they couldn't help me, so here I am where people with "hands-on" may have some insight. Thank you all who've looked at my question and responded, I sincerely appreciate your time and energy on this but I'm still stuck, don't gie up on me now.
Thanks,
leonh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I connect my M50 outputs to pc audio inputs (two mono jacks to mini stereo on pc)then I record song directly to pc whith Sound forge 9.0 which then converts that to mp3 and waw files (I do both)and then record to my cd recorder (the pc one).
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
hi tritex,

to which document are you referring?

i check in Parameter Guide (PG) and Owner Manual (OM) but i haven't sound any references to creates wave/aiff files with the M50.

i know this is possible on M3 using the sampling option, but on M50 how can you can create a wav file out of the sequencer?

thanks.

Hi
Sorry,
I referenced the M3.
The M50 doesn't have the ability to convert the song to a wave file.
Which makes sense 'cause it doesn't have a sampler.
I have to get my mind around this fact.
So, no song to wave conversion and no in-track sampling.
I just found another reason to hang on to my Extreme.
Sorry, once again. Crying or Very sad

Leonh has the solution.
Rolling Eyes
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
hi tritex,

thanks.

See page 127 of the M3's O.G. for instructions on creating a wave file.

Wink
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah oks Very Happy

anyway coming back to original question. the best way to record wav from M50 is to buy any external audio interface (USB or firewire), connect audio OUT of M50 to AUDIO IN of the interface (and audio OUT of the interface to your mixer or monitor) and in you DAW select the audio interface as the input when recording tracks.
the insidious 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sooo much, you guys are awesome! I should have come here from the very beginning, it would have saved me a lot of time and frustration. I love the M50 but was feeling discouraged by its limitations. I see that I still have to invest in more electronics to do what I want to do. I really don't trust the guys at the Music Electronics Store as I feel like they're trying to sell me any and everything, just to get home and find it doesn't do what I want to do or it just isn't compatible with the M50. Thank you all for your interest in my situation and taking the time to help me out, You Rock!
PianoManKD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
ah oks Very Happy

anyway coming back to original question. the best way to record wav from M50 is to buy any external audio interface (USB or firewire), connect audio OUT of M50 to AUDIO IN of the interface (and audio OUT of the interface to your mixer or monitor) and in you DAW select the audio interface as the input when recording tracks.

What is the DAW?
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital Audio Workstation.
Google is your friend.
Rolling Eyes
PianoManKD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tritex4 wrote:
Digital Audio Workstation.
Google is your friend.
Rolling Eyes

Yeah it might be but it's not helping me.

I record a great track on my M50 and I run it through my M-Audio FastTrack into my laptop and then i try to record it direct into garageband but the sound gets distorted or it sounds too distant or radio like. The quality sucks compared to what I'm hearing out of the M50....

Whats the deal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: