Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buyer's Remorse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ 1000 Exclamation

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
DjStiky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn’t say I “lost my trust”, and I understand a lot of us are frustrated with this release. And in reality, bugs were kind of expected, however it’s the missing of basic functionality that forced me to cancel my order. And here I was dreaming about things like a Piano Roll editor for styles, or even a dedicated software like a daw style sequencer, made just to create styles on a computer… But instead of 3 steps forward, we took 1 step back and can’t even properly create styles on the PA5X.
However I’m still willing to give it a shot once the OS is updated and proven to be stable and full featured enough.
Let’s see…
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjStiky wrote:
And here I was dreaming about things like a Piano Roll editor for styles, or even a dedicated software like a daw style sequencer, made just to create styles on a computer… But instead of 3 steps forward, we took 1 step back and can’t even properly create styles on the PA5X.

Let’s see…

Agree with All!!

Piano Roll Editor and Fully Functional Sequencer (even if it was just the Kronos Sequencer) would be great.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that you can’t sell a product and boast about the fully featured sequencer when it doesn’t have one currently .

Or a feature regarding editing styles that it doesn’t currently have .

These are not bugs . It’s mis-selling plain and simple .

And worse , korg knew the product they shipped and took peoples money for , DID NOT have these features .

That’s fraud . There is no getting around it .

simply hold onto your money and benefit from whatever interest you accrue until the product is fit for purpose .

Korg is gaining interest right now on YOUR money whilst YOU test their unfinished product .

In effect YOU are paying korg to be THEIR product testing employees .

This is an insane business model and I feel sorry for those that parted with their money on the promise of a finished product that plainly IS NOT FINISHED .
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
I feel sorry for those that parted with their money on the promise of a finished product that plainly IS NOT FINISHED .

Yes and No (for me personally)

Absolutely agree, all of these features should have been there and ready to go. I was long awaiting the release of the 5X, but when it took longer than I expected I spent the money and purchased a 4x just over 2 months ago. I liked it a lot, and loved what capabilities it had, and more importantly what I was able to do with it.

Shortly after my purchase, the 5X launched and I could actually get one. So I jumped at the opportunity. Now I'm ridiculously invested in KORG Arrangers, and need to sell off the 4X.

--- I believe someone's signature file says something along the lines of -- ... the best Arranger or Keyboard for you, is the one that motivates you to play it... (something like that) ---

I have had the 5X for just over 2 weeks, and I have already played it 3 to 4 times more than the 4X I own. I can't say what it is, or why I'm drawn to it. I believe it's the sound quality. But I am absolutely motivated to play it, and motivated to learn more on this instrument than anything else I own. Heck, I even enrolled in piano lessons last week so I could become a better keyboard player.

So Yes - the bugs and problems are there. Yes - I spent a lot of money with Korg. Yes - I want the bugs fixed and Korg to deliver what they promised us with features and OS corrections.

But the Big YES for me is I absolutely love playing this instrument, and it has become my muse to learn and grow as a musician.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davekalbach wrote:
worth wrote:
I feel sorry for those that parted with their money on the promise of a finished product that plainly IS NOT FINISHED .

Yes and No (for me personally)

Absolutely agree, all of these features should have been there and ready to go. I was long awaiting the release of the 5X, but when it took longer than I expected I spent the money and purchased a 4x just over 2 months ago. I liked it a lot, and loved what capabilities it had, and more importantly what I was able to do with it.

Shortly after my purchase, the 5X launched and I could actually get one. So I jumped at the opportunity. Now I'm ridiculously invested in KORG Arrangers, and need to sell off the 4X.

--- I believe someone's signature file says something along the lines of -- ... the best Arranger or Keyboard for you, is the one that motivates you to play it... (something like that) ---

I have had the 5X for just over 2 weeks, and I have already played it 3 to 4 times more than the 4X I own. I can't say what it is, or why I'm drawn to it. I believe it's the sound quality. But I am absolutely motivated to play it, and motivated to learn more on this instrument than anything else I own. Heck, I even enrolled in piano lessons last week so I could become a better keyboard player.

So Yes - the bugs and problems are there. Yes - I spent a lot of money with Korg. Yes - I want the bugs fixed and Korg to deliver what they promised us with features and OS corrections.

But the Big YES for me is I absolutely love playing this instrument, and it has become my muse to learn and grow as a musician.

+1 nicely put Smile
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 I am happy you are enjoying your instrument “as is “ . Keep enjoying your instrument and hopefully korg will resolve this shambles if a product launch to your satisfaction .

If it had just 5 sounds on it that inspired you to play the keyboard more , then that’s fantastic .

But that’s not what was sold to you was it ?

If you are ok with paying over the odds for an incomplete product, I am not mad at you . How can I be ? It’s not my money being taken on a false promise .

I am mad at korg for over charging you and many others despite your happiness .

Despite your happiness you have paid to become a product tester for korg who are cynically using your happiness to do so .

That’s wrong . And fraudulent and there is no excuse for it .
korgpask

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please, I'm looking for the "@" sign, I use it in my bookmarks, please where is it now? I can't find it, I can't write it.
Well thank you
steve350

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
The problem is that you can’t sell a product and boast about the fully featured sequencer when it doesn’t have one currently .

Or a feature regarding editing styles that it doesn’t currently have .

These are not bugs . It’s mis-selling plain and simple .

And worse , korg knew the product they shipped and took peoples money for , DID NOT have these features .

That’s fraud . There is no getting around it .

simply hold onto your money and benefit from whatever interest you accrue until the product is fit for purpose .

Korg is gaining interest right now on YOUR money whilst YOU test their unfinished product .

In effect YOU are paying korg to be THEIR product testing employees .

This is an insane business model and I feel sorry for those that parted with their money on the promise of a finished product that plainly IS NOT FINISHED .

I've been following these posts. I am glad you called it FRAUD because that is what it is. They probably had or having a cash flow problem and just shipped it out early to get the bucks.
Just a terrible way to do business. I hope for those who pulled the trigger on this Pa5x get a resolution to all of the issues of this too early for release Arranger.
iOpus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes This is a scam, they want to take us out because we were too loyal to Korg.
In my country, this is how buildings are built, and construction companies take people's money. An unfinished apartment is sold to two or three people. The most important thing is to get money.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
D575 I am happy you are enjoying your instrument “as is “ . Keep enjoying your instrument and hopefully korg will resolve this shambles if a product launch to your satisfaction .

If it had just 5 sounds on it that inspired you to play the keyboard more , then that’s fantastic .

But that’s not what was sold to you was it ?

If you are ok with paying over the odds for an incomplete product, I am not mad at you . How can I be ? It’s not my money being taken on a false promise .

I am mad at korg for over charging you and many others despite your happiness .

Despite your happiness you have paid to become a product tester for korg who are cynically using your happiness to do so .

That’s wrong . And fraudulent and there is no excuse for it .

Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening Worth where ever you are in the world...

Just taking a look at your thread above...did you mean to address me at the start of your thread?...

As we can see Dave is the original author of his words in his thread or did you mean to by-pass Dave and address me for a +1 after endorsing his sentiments??...

I'm sure it must be a mistake ???

But also happy to address your comments if you want to by-pass the author of the original thread and direct it at me...
Smile
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies . It was for Dave . Not for you 👍
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
My apologies . It was for Dave . Not for you 👍

No need to apologise Worth we are all friends here...

Smile
mabcomp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject: @ sign Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
please, I'm looking for the "@" sign, I use it in my bookmarks, please where is it now? I can't find it, I can't write it.
Well thank you

Youve probably got your Language set wrong try pressing the quote sign and see if it gives you the @sign
korgpask

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my selected language is English.
I can't write the @ sign!
I changed the language of the tool to ITALIAN and the tool did not reset to the Italian language. !

The language of the tool is still English,

My tool DOESN'T RESPOND to changing the language.

I can't write the @ sign!

change languages - does not respond!
I have ONLY the English-Russian character set
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: