Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this a reason the Pa5x was rushed to the public?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andreibb9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same happened with the Pa5: everybody said it was fake and...

https://youtu.be/e9HIxjZ47oE
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not by any means think that Korg has rushed the Pa5X out into the market.

The Pa4X Next OS was released in March 2019 with only one minor update a few months later so clearly development stopped mid 2019.

Hence Korg have had three years to design and develop the 5X so hardly a rush to the market.

Pre covid Korg staffers hinted at a new keyboard that was in development.
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Hence Korg have had three years to design and develop the 5X so hardly a rush to the market.

3 years and this is what we got. A machine with lots of bugs, freezing screens, missing options and a not so user friendly user interface. This is years worth of work.

You’re telling me that Korg Italy couldn’t make a few hundred keyboards and send them to only their reps across the world for them to test out the new 5x before it was released to the public? C’mon. Stop kidding yourself. All of Korgs reps know this keyboard and the previous Pa series. They would of have them input on what needs to be tweaked and fixed.

But no, Korg released some to the public and made us the beta testers. This seriously could of been all avoided and done the right way. There is no excuse for the poor UI and bugs we have in our $5,000 keyboard. No excuse! Too big of a company to make this mistake. It literally would of took them a few weeks to get input from the reps. A few weeks to maybe a few months to fix and bammm….then you release to the public.

Korg Italy either needs some young blood and new creative ideas to join them or they desperately need Korg Japan to jump in and help out on this one.

Also, the unofficial Genos 2 leaks. Korg most likely knows Yamaha will release a new totl arranger this year. What was korgs idea not to lose?….push the 5x out early and get people to buy it before they have a choice in a few months.

I love Korg and always have. Their PA series is top line for me. But in all fairness and honesty…..if Yamaha would put a sampler onboard with slice option, a better style creator, I’d switch with no questions asked. This is the truth. For me it is!

Sorry but not sorry about my opinion. Korg dropped the ball on this one. Horribly and embarrassingly.
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:

Also, the unofficial Genos 2 leaks. Korg most likely knows Yamaha will release a new totl arranger this year....

There was not and still are not any Genos 2 leaks, it's just wishful thinking and clickbaits.

The videos that abound now are a fake mix of Genos and PA5X.
These were created and published after the PA5 leaks and when it was launched, so I'm sure hasn't affected Korg in any way other than all companies know the other brands is working with something new for the next models.
The pictures and 'videos' we have seen regarding Genos successor for a long time now are edited text on the packaging of the current Genos. The cheating was revealed when this appeared months, or perhaps more than a year ago.
Maybe time to find something cold to drink while we wait for Korg to make some bug fixes and add some missing and desired features?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/groups/416010130493749/permalink/420143813413714/?mibextid=ghrler&fs=e&s=cl
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
karmathanever wrote:
Hi Bachus
Bachus, my friend, not having a jab at you at all - you do seem to have more "inside" information than most of us and I would fully respect your reluctance to inappropriately disclose private information.
I would love to take your (and others') positives regarding "...it'll all get fixed...." seriously, but I just can't.
We hear now about "demos" in shops etc.. etc.. from Korg product demonstrators talking about the future fixes etc... well Korg, VIDEO them for us!!!!!

I am very frustrated with this because the PA5x, at face value, is very exciting.....
Bachus wrote:
Offcourse there are still bugs
Korg needs the early addopters to help catching the bugs

If we are beta testers - then we should be informed of this.... and have discounted payment options to buy.
Bachus wrote:
Anyone involved in software development knows its not possible to do it solely with inhouse testing.

+1000 I've been developing software for many years - totally agree - testing something like the PA series keyboards would be very hard to plan - permutations of options and user activity runs into millions of scenarios.
Bachus wrote:
On top of that anyone professionaly involved with an instrument in a live situation should realise they should stay away from hardware in the first year after release.. no excuses for that..

+1000
Bachus wrote:
With time and lots of customer feedback korg will crash the bugs and bring a reliable system. Also the now missing features from pa4x like midifile to style converter and kaos will be added soon in updates when they are reliable..

The problem here is no-one can be sure of this or, right now, have any confidence unless they are under a Korg NDA with inside information. This current situation is an unnerving frustration. How long have we been waiting for Korg to communicate in the last 5-6 years???? I have lost confidence in the PA future until I see some real results.
Bachus wrote:
So much people here that have no clue, about modern days technollogy… there is a reason for software patches.. espescially for a company like Korg Italy with only a handfull of programmers at their products, things like this require time..

If a company doesn't have enough staff or resources, then they need to address that as a business and not impose those short-falls on their customers.
I agree that many do not understand the complexity of the products and often say things like "...it would be a simple change to do add/modify ....."

Seriously right now, this is unprofessional business.

Korg can very easily jump out of this hole they have dug themselves into by simply communicating officially and professionally ....
(and I do not blame Korg team in Italy, whom, I am told, have a limited say in product marketing and release)

Take care

Pete Very Happy

I disagree, this is the only way for a small company like Korg Italy to maintain a development cycle that they can actually afford.

The only thing unacceptable to me is that they don’t communicate directly with the customers, all this commotion could have been prevented if they did..

If it were true Korg Italy is using this as a pre-release and allowing early adopters to test the unit, why do they NOT have a presence on this forum assisting users with bugs and asking for verification? They have been silent. I'm sure Paolo has been monitoring feedback on this forum, but it is criminal they have not engaged the folks who have INVESTED in their product development.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunnar J wrote:
Niki_Keyz wrote:

Also, the unofficial Genos 2 leaks. Korg most likely knows Yamaha will release a new totl arranger this year....

There was not and still are not any Genos 2 leaks, it's just wishful thinking and clickbaits.

The videos that abound now are a fake mix of Genos and PA5X.
These were created and published after the PA5 leaks and when it was launched, so I'm sure hasn't affected Korg in any way other than all companies know the other brands is working with something new for the next models.
The pictures and 'videos' we have seen regarding Genos successor for a long time now are edited text on the packaging of the current Genos. The cheating was revealed when this appeared months, or perhaps more than a year ago.
Maybe time to find something cold to drink while we wait for Korg to make some bug fixes and add some missing and desired features?

Genos 2 is planned for late 2024 at earliest..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: