Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am really sick of the state of the Pa5X
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemydom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Why is it that the pro’s that have proven to be professionals in music making and creation are positive. While most that i do not know are quite negative?

From many of these posts i have learned that there are two sides in this argumen. With people like Q and Anthony much more possitive..

When i dive in deep, it almost feels like its mostly people from non western cultures that are being dissapointed?

So i guess that means for us Westerners that its safe to buy this keyboard?

The only thing realy worrying me is the slow pace of development, but then slow and steady progress seems to be a trademark of Korg Italy.

I believe that this is the plague of the 21st century, the "cult of positivity," which has struck and gradually undermines the Western world. In the Western world, if a person is not positive, they are unpopular, if not outright ostracized.

This is not a problem, it is a catastrophe!

I don't want to give any compliments to third world countries, but there everything is just fine with the balance of positive and negative attitudes towards everything. That's why people there don't hesitate to express their negative reviews! Maybe there's something to learn from them?

Smile
Please remember, even if Ukraine is far from you, it's fighting for you now! The outcome affects your future. So, support Ukraine! By any means, or simply by raising your voice. Every bit helps. Stand with Ukraine! We all do.

Last edited by Nemydom on Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make the best of a bad situation...
    Things could be worse...
    There are many people worse off than you....
    Be more positive....
    The fact that you have spent a huge amount of money on an incomplete product shouldn't matter - just enjoy the bits that work or find a work around....
    just consider yourself lucky that you can actually afford it....
    etc..etc..

Such comments are fine but if you summarise over 90% the "complaints" and negativity they are mostly focused on customers being ripped off spending big money for a product that is incomplete and getting absolutely no support from the manufacturer. Very very reasonable to be pissed off...

I understand that our super gurus (like Antony and Qui) are going well with PA5x and my full and total respect and thanks for all they do.
Then our equally talented guru, Asena, is struggling to keep his deep development comfortably going due to the unfinished PA5x - so we all have different needs even at those heavy and high tech levels.
So for me, I refuse to throw money away on this product - my experience with it so far leaves me far from impressed from a "reliable" performance/recording point of view, and the worst part is Korg's non-reaction.
As Asena has said - something is wrong in the land of Korg - all these new products emerging, new updates, etc.. but zero happening with arrangers!!! Well that is the only way it seems right now. WHY SO??

...however, if one is happy to accept the situation and put up with it, then that is completely fine of course....
I personally do not have the luxury of risking, let alone possessing, that amount of money - I have no confidence and very little respect right now for Korg's mismanagement of the whole debacle.

Maybe, stupidly, I still live in a little bit of hope.... but time is running out - there is only so much time before things crash...

Take care Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Why is it that the pro’s that have proven to be professionals in music making and creation are positive. While most that i do not know are quite negative?

From many of these posts i have learned that there are two sides in this argumen. With people like Q and Anthony much more possitive..

When i dive in deep, it almost feels like its mostly people from non western cultures that are being dissapointed?

Hello Bachus
That question is easy to reply
Do you know 7/8 5/8. Or 9/8 in music style terms?

Have you ever danced or listened to a style that is 9/8 example? I guess not.

Have you ever heard terms of MAQAM, like Rast, Hijaz etc?
The Arabic maqam is a melody type. It is "a technique of improvisation" that defines the pitches, patterns, and development of a piece of music and is "unique to Arabian art music".

I have listened and danced to Country music, pop Rock EDM Trance etc, to that Possitive part And I do not think it,s easy but i know it,s music and i know it sound nice. 

The Pa series have this in their system. And it,s not working 100%, Sometimes people from this NEGATIVE Part of the World you describe uses this to play their music.
And If that does not work as it should, then people ask What's wrong with their KB’s since this works perfectly on a PA 700!

Also, if the time signature does not work as it has been promised to work, AGAIN People from that NEGATIVE Part wonders, and ask’s but No one has an answer. not KORG not Any others.
So it,s not the negativity here, it, s just another missing thing they wonder WHY it,s missing on the new keyboard 5 X i gues . Very Happy

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to clarify one thing that has been misunderstood !

Pa5X supports anymore Multi Time Signature as all PaSeries , this means that you can create a Style with all elements Intro/Var/Fill/End having
any time signature like 2/4 , 5/8 , 9/4 , 13/8 , but you have to define it before writing any midi event as in Pa4X , or delete all midi events if you
want to change element's time signature.
In first OS release this was not supported which was a significant flaw and I had made a post at OS bugs , all Pa4X converted styles with multi time
signature were destroyed and that's why I had advised all those users to reconvert their original Pa4X styles under OS v.1.2 a long time ago.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Bachus wrote:

That's a rather good question and I will try to explain it a bit.
In Pa5X current OS state the term safe means IMO after deep research :

- People that intent to work with Pa5X factory resources and edits based on new resources are belonging in the safe area
all will work almost fine and will not ever face system crashes or instability while performing.
You can safely load only older factory Pa4X Styles and Pa4X bonus styles , nothing else !
I remind once again , Pa5X is not a continuation of PaSeries and compatibility is only with Pa4X factory resources.

- If you want to use your work and resources that were exclusively made in Pa4X without any migrated resources from older
Pa models Pa800-Pa3X , then most of them will be translated correctly with some minor translation flaws like CC# wrong values
in OSC & FX that can be corrected and will not lead to system crashes , so also this category is safe.
F.e. loading a Style made in Pa800 , it might play correctly but you never know of what it will cause later in system stability.

- If you intent to load a set with Styles, Samples and time-sliced stuff that are traveling for decades from arranger to arranger
up to Pa4X without deep knowledge to heal them properly , then remember that Pa4X might could reproduce them but Pa5X is
a brand new OS and it's not forgiving at all in false code & values in Styles and FX , gray and missing samples or enabled looping
in sliced short samples and other existing flaws that most of you were never aware because you did not ever loaded only a SOUND
bank to see windows warnings for existing issues that you will never see up to Pa4X when loading a whole SET.
In that case pa5X will be unstable and will continuously crash in random times while trying to reproduce those improper resources.
This is usually the category of non Westerners as you wrote Bachus... Laughing

- Pa5X except existing flaws in stereo samples , do not forgive acknowledge of poor sound developers some of you know of what I mean !
In General , do not load converted sets by unknown vendors , when purchasing resources be completely sure that were exclusively
made in Pa4X-Pa5X models with no migrated from older PaSeries resources and your Pa5X will perform properly.

Hope this helps

Thanks anthony, thats what i expected..
leland_iko_music

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be perfectly honest, I don't use the arranger/styles functions very much anyway, and am seriously having a bout of "buyer's remorse" for not having waited 10 months for either the Korg Nautilus AT or the Yamaha (either the full Montage or even just the MODX , either with the weighted 88 keys).

Although I spend most of my time in "sound edit" mode, there are some sounds that are only available as keyboard-sets in the Arranger section (unless you do a lot of sound editing). Vocorders, for example, are only available in the arranger mode, not in the sound edit mode. (and I use the vocorder a lot).

Stuck with the PA5X for now, but who knows what the future will hold.

Leland
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leland_iko_music wrote:
there are some sounds that are only available as keyboard-sets in the Arranger section

Yep, your main sound library is KBD Set and not simple sounds even if you use Pa5X as workstation , just like Combination mode in Korg Kronos.
Create your own KBD Set using factory or custom SOUNDs , this is the way that Pa5X sound library works anymore and completely correct.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
korgpask

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me where the functions have gone:
Chord detection from MIDI ???
Chord sequencer from MIDI?

I bought the Pa5X precisely for these possibilities.

Korg did the trick. In the first system it worked like that.
In the next system, only the chord sequencer and now it is missing.

You buy a car, then they tell you that there is a fault, you need to go to the service center, and they return the car to you without wheels and doors.

KORG behavior

that's just a few things mentioned....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: