Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What new ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piotrek_muzyk wrote:
chord sequenser, mp3, tc helicon ..... ??

Pa3 is keyboard, i need good sounds, new styles etc no "nice function"

I not hear nothink new, all demos on YT only harmonica, violin .... sound like a Pa2 (the same sound)....

My question one more time - Where NEW SOUND, STYLES ??

Pa3 = lifting pa2x

Features are those things that make it easier for you to make and play music.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not knocking extra features. I love them as much as the next man. But the PA keyboards are already feature packed to the hilt. Anyone that has owned a PA for less than 3 years wont have truly explored all the features fully. Its a very deep product and there are so many musical ways both intended and unintended that creative musicians can use these boards, it doesnt even make sense to talk about adding more features !

But some of us who have gone past pushing buttons and being amazed at what this awesome machine can do have grown with the instrument and can now actually play the instrument and not just push buttons and hold a one finger chord whilst this wondrous machine does all the rest.We dont need more features to help us play or sing in tune. What i think we all genuinely need/want is better sounds.

We now have DNC to attempt at competimng with Yamaha's Sa and SA2 voices. How many have been demoed so far in the new PA3X ?????????

one ? two ? maybe at a stretch three ?

Of the ones that have been demoed how do they compare with say the yamaha equivalent sa voices ?????

I love the depth of my PA1X which is why i have held and will continue to hold my PA1X even though newer better sounding keyboards have come and gone.

But this is a musical instrument we are talking about and the essential ingredient is sound !! After that we can manipulate, edit, sequence sample but we first have to have great sounds.

This is not a negative or PA bashing comment. Korg sounds are generally really good but they are behind yamaha in my view.

And i am disappointed that in 2005 when i first got my PA , mnow 2011 i cl;ose my eyes and i hear almost exactly the same sound. I look at the same period for yamaha and there is a clear improvement to my ears.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
the PA keyboards are already feature packed to the hilt. Anyone that has owned a PA for less than 3 years wont have truly explored all the features fully

+1 - absolutely right!! I know that I have sold my i3/i30/PA1Xpro well before I used all the features or explored their potential - but hey, the progress in keyboard technology is SO SO tempting (problem of mine!!).
worth wrote:
And i am disappointed that in 2005 when i first got my PA , mnow 2011 i cl;ose my eyes and i hear almost exactly the same sound. I look at the same period for yamaha and there is a clear improvement to my ears.

Hey worth, I love you man, but just cannot agree with this statement (hey only my view - can't argue as it is "everyone to his own" as they say)

I too loved the PA1X but I can guarantee the PA2X is different whereas Yamaha Tyros 4 is just about the same since Tyros 1. They hit a different market (not professional). Yep T4 sounds are very nice and agree are improved - market the T4 as a sound module and I could even be interested.
As arrangers they are for the "home" folk (I don't necessarily mean "folk in a home" - only joking Wink ). Also their add-ons are a rip-off. I bought (stupidly) the premium Choir & Vocal sounds for the T3 - what an unbelievable rip-off - yes they sound nice but there was only a couple of samples bent into several "different sounds".

I simply want a great arranger with great sounds - and I have one.
The T4 just has great sounds.
As for DNC vs SA/SA2 - the advantage of DNC is "control" - some SA sounds just do their own thing and sometimes illogically - no control - classic example is the sax. I prefer the "control" of DNC plus the fact that I can (and have) programmed my own.
I would hate for anyone to jump to T3/T4 WITHOUT actually trying to set it up for performing (and then using it!!)

Anyhow buddy, you have shared some great stuff with us from your PA1X and I thank you for that.

Just airing my views like many others right now.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

As for DNC vs SA/SA2 - the advantage of DNC is "control" - some SA sounds just do their own thing and sometimes illogically - no control - classic example is the sax. I prefer the "control" of DNC plus the fact that I can (and have) programmed my own.

When just playing right out of the box, i really like how good most of the SA2's intelligence works... And to be honest most Arranger players just want to sound good out of the box, espescially the Yamaha market of home players.

When i am setting up performances i prefer to have more controll from time to time. But then sometimes i just don't have fingers/hands/feet/elbows/nose enough to controll it all in real time and thats when a little automation comes in handy too...

All in all i prefered the SA2 technollogy over the PA2X DNC.....
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know we are cool Karmathanever.......evethough you are wrong Smile

love you too mate Laughing
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you know we are cool Karmathanever.......evethough you are wrong

ROFL
the_boss81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
have you some info to:

1. can pa3x make jukebox from all folders or only for one, like 800/2x ??

2. can pa3x make hd recording with mp3 too? I know it can midi, live tracks and singing to a mp3 - but can I make a overdubing with mp3? 800/2x could it not, so I have changed to midjay plus.

thanks - best regards - Krzysztof
McRos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
DUDE! Are you seriously THAT ignorant?

I was at the Korg booth for over an HOUR playing it and really going through it's functionality! If you think for ONE SECOND that this is a rehashed product, you need a serious and embracing reality check!

Come on people, GROW THE HELL UP! I'm SO SICK of all you whiners coming in here and judging a book by its cover!

Rolling Eyes

WOW!

Sina

You again also in this forum? Just chill out becuase I'm fed with your useless statements? You've some serious health problem, let someone help you.
McRos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
DUDE! Are you seriously THAT ignorant?

I was at the Korg booth for over an HOUR playing it and really going through it's functionality! If you think for ONE SECOND that this is a rehashed product, you need a serious and embracing reality check!

Come on people, GROW THE HELL UP! I'm SO SICK of all you whiners coming in here and judging a book by its cover!

Rolling Eyes

WOW!

Sina

And again, you should grow up and stop advertising for Korg, they have already their PR to do this. People can't stand you in this forum so please quit it. So you found the ghost (in your head) who did steal your Oasys? when you found it you got 4 of them? Seriously, nobody believes you anymore and take in consideration your useless and retarded statements so please shut the f*ck, don't let me get banned telling what I really think. Consider that I'm being polite.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRos wrote:
People can't stand you in this forum so please quit it

Ouch!!! Confused

Which people?
You joined this forum 4 days ago - Sina joined 4 years ago?

Sina/McRos
Please be careful of the abuse - justified or not, it is not tolerated under any circumstances on these forms - opinions/disagreements etc are fine - abuse is NOT - thank you.

Pete
McRos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
McRos wrote:
People can't stand you in this forum so please quit it

Ouch!!! Confused

Which people?
You joined this forum 4 days ago - Sina joined 4 years ago?

Sina/McRos
Please be careful of the abuse - justified or not, it is not tolerated under any circumstances on these forms - opinions/disagreements etc are fine - abuse is NOT - thank you.

Pete

I've joined before than him, I got banned 'cause of my arguments with Sina and about the discontinuing of the Oasys. I've been very very rude ( I admit it) especially with Sharp. I've been a real asshole. ( no sarcasm, I'm being sincere)., but I can't stand Sina. His statements aren't useful for anyone, you can't get a real idea of a workstation since he talks like an excited teenager in puberty, that's all. Now I'll get banned for sure since I really don't deserve a place in this community after all I did, but I did it and I can't go back. The weird thing is that I've never acted in real life like that, no frustrations in real life, nothing , but I did it. All this won't let me change my mind about Sina. His statements are just useless (not him of course, but his statements), talking with him it seems that everything is perfect, you won't an idea from pros and cons related of workstation, he'd just tell you that it's perfect and the best of the best. Period.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi McRos

I commend you for your honesty, however if someone really annoys and frustrates you on these forums just let it go. Fortunately I have only encountered a couple of members like that and I understand that it makes you feel pretty angry at times particularly if you are the victim of the abuse.

It is of course your choice if you wish to "have words" with someone here but please do not use the forum for that (and I include PMs).

The majority of members are simply great and we must consider that they also end up reading angry rude messages.

Don't get yourself banned again - I am sure you have things to offer and also things you can gain from being here.

Stay cool

Pete Very Happy
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,
Sorry man...I don't agree the T4 is only a home instrument.

Listen to this and other ones he does with T3 and T4 and tell me it's not a PRO product. This is a full intrumental, full orchestral perfomance and it sounds superb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPB5VbbDkCs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

And.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CboWVzXL5-8&feature=related

Listen to all of his.....

I don't know about you but I can not get my PA2XPRO to sound like this.

Not everybody does gigging with dance.....

And why do I never here any demos of this kind of music with PA800/PA2XPRO?

Lee
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee

How dare you disagree with me - you must know by now that I am always right Wink

Seriously, my views are purely personal and based on my own experiences. Yes T3/T4 have very nice sounds and I too am hoping that the PA3X will leave that far behind.

I could not keep my Tyros as it was so so so frustrating to "perform" with. I found the OS and screen organisation to be unusable for performing. I liked the SA2 but also didn't like the lack of control with some of them - hated the lack of control over FILLs, the absence of Bass inversion instant control, no tempo lock for switching from one style to another, also no "CVs" for chord types, highly repetitive style variations (short measure length) ...and more...

T3/T4 demos are superb and I watched a new T4 demo recently and almost rushed out to buy it, but that OS is so bad for me.

100% agree - where are the Korg PA demos??? - even for the PA2X let alone the PA3X???
One talented Korg PA player could produce 20+ youtube demos in a day.... it's can't be that hard (or expensive) and it would do so much good for Korg and the market.

It is quite funny that I queried the above T3/4 issues (and more) on the Yamaha Tyros 4 forums (hoping that the T4 OS had been vastly improved). The response I received was "...ah - you must be used to a Korg PA or Audya...T4 cannot do that....". Most answers to my questions were "...use registrations...." - that is not acceptable for me - registrations are unfriendly and you need to have a reference sheet in order to "remember" the registrations - that was like going back 4 generations of keyboard for me.

These are real issues for me personally and although sounds are "in the ears of the beholder" I do agree with you that T4 does sound very impressive - yes it does sound professional - but that is all from my personal experiences. It is the rest that bothers me (as I said above) - styles, OS, ease of use for performing, too many button pushes for fundamental functions etc..etc..

T4 as a professional sounding keyboard - 10/10
T4 as a professional arranger - 3/10

A very close friend of mine has the T3 and absolutely loves it - but it absolutely suits what he needs - he is not using it as a professional arranger...

In earlier messages I just wanted anyone considering jumping to T3/4 to actually spend time setting it up for a live session and try it out - purely because that aspect of it shocked me after buying it.

(Would love a T4 sound module!!!)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,
Yes...I see what you mean and we haven't even talked about the rest, editing/programming/song book/EQ's per track etc on the PA VS T4....the PA leaves it in the dust!

So, now you see my delima...I love the versatility of the PA2...PA3 even better...but the Orchestral sounds are not so good. Well Pianos too.

A year or so ago...I sent a 3 page letter to Korg through friends here..describing all the issues with the PA2 sounds...never heard a word back. So I assume the PA3 is just same sounds with better effects...That won't fix the problems in their samples!

My God just play a Cornet....go up/down the kb slowly as if playing a nice slow ballad or love song...you will hear what I mean. Sax same, where didt that squeak come from (around C5 or so?)!.
Major changes in timbre and vibrato speed note to note at certain spots.
Screws up my song! Strings have high frequency noice at the higher octaves etc.

OH...interestingy the M3 has the same exact problems! Like maybe same samples are used!

I hope they are reading this...if they did not fix all that (many, many voices) and have now super orchestral sounds I will get the T4 and put up with it not being as sophisticated s arranger.

To me the sound is the most important thing I pay darn near $4,000 for!

I think they play it cheap as they can...use same old samples over and over. and maybe, just maybe their sound engine is not as good?

People are waking up to this as the T4 even sounds better than T3...and some are saying the same as me...the sound is first priority. What good is all the functionality if the sound is not inspiring?
Some will not understand or agree..because all they play is fast music.

61 keys will hurt me too if I go T4. I'm spoiled with the superb 76 key bed on the PA2.

I'm still hopeful that the PA3 will be radically different sounding FOR the sounds I like/need...and that is lead voices for the types of songs Telmo and othr playng T4 use.

And 256 sample RAM...So it's even hard to add many top notch user sounds to use instead of the poor ones internal.
come on Korg..2 MB is easy and cheap. Use std RAM not that propritory stuff.
T4 has 1 GB. and it'a a home KB. (however..it is proprietary too)

I do sincerely hope the PA3 is what I want...I just am anxious to find out.
I hope I have the patience to wait, as I will need to get my grubby hands on one for a whole day to see.
The demo's they do will probably not answer my concerns.
I hope the PA3 sounds are truly inspiring to me.

I guess in summary to me, it appears they spend all their time programming features and not enough on the sounds.

I noticed the man that 'is' the Korg Pa designer was at NAAM...I hope he listened to the T4 demos by Martin Harris.

Thanks for the insight....
Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: