Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very happy release of pax4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP still hasn't chimed in about what WOULD be considered a 'game-changer'...

He seems to have a good idea about what he doesn't need. I simply wonder if he has a good idea about what he DOES. Wink
keyofZ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a person posting that wants to fight about the PAx4.(TROLL)
He is. Insulting and Condescending.
I will not be drawn in to it.
I have no use for people that think.
Simply Because they own the 'latest and greatest'. That they are Superior to people that own a lesser model.
He also can not keep his insults to using PM. He needs the world to know he is Right.
Shout the Loudest and Have the last word.
That is truly, A sign of a very troubled individual.
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

I had legitimate questions, that you still have failed to answer.

Whole thread appeared trollish. You start with a title... "Very happy release of pax4" then go on to troll the thread with "Why? Now I can get a PAx3 for around 2 K soon." Hilarious! Rolling Eyes

You blithely discount every single significant advance as not important to you, but refuse to say what you WOULD consider significant. And it's easy to tell that English isn't your first language, otherwise:

I have no use for people that think.

would be hilarious!

BTW, only one of us here bolding our text. If you want to talk about shouting and the like. But, by all means, get the last word in... Confused
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Key of Z

Was it really necessary to take things this far for absolutely no reason at all?

There was this thread available for you to vote and voice your opinion like the rest of us:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99716&start=45

but you decided to open your own and say you're happy because when a new model comes out you can get the older ones at a discounted price. Who knew!

Well, once you open a new thread saying stuff like that, you should expect people to ask questions or voice their opinions , even if you don't like what they have to say. I've been around these forums for a while and honestly you're the first one I see who said anything about people with the latest gear putting down ...etc.

keyofZ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:
I notice the poster only has a PA600 in his signature anyway, so it appears his needs aren't that advanced anyway... Wink

The above is an insult to owners of less than PAx3/4 and a claim of superiority.
Besides being insulting and condescending. No need for for posting it. Just a troll.
And the Poll was a Joke.
Started with poster cursing at korg. and went down from there.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Diki is a troll, with 835 posts on this forum and many thousands on Roland and Synthzone. Smile
You could call Diki in the middle of the night and he'd try to help you, but he'd probably tick you off in the process if you say something stupid.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks ... Let's remember that a lot of different cultures are represented on these fora ... what may be funny or innocent in one culture might be insulting in another. Translating from a mother tongue to English may not be understood the way you intended. Things can spin out of control very quickly. Lets all take some deep breaths, shake hands and get back to enjoying our keyboards, whatever model they may be.

My thoughts on the PA4x? ... I'm waiting for all the specs to be fully explained by KORG before finalizing my opinion. So far I'm favorably impressed. Yes, I currently 'only' have the PA600 but have been considering an upgrade for the last several months. I can afford the PA4X as long as Zzounds has one of their 12 months same as cash offers! Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Thoraldus, and a good game plan as well.
DonM
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:

My thoughts on the PA4x? ... I'm waiting for all the specs to be fully explained by KORG before finalizing my opinion. So far I'm favorably impressed. Yes, I currently 'only' have the PA600 but have been considering an upgrade for the last several months. I can afford the PA4X as long as Zzounds has one of their 12 months same as cash offers! Wink

You are too humble my friend; you certainly have helped me these past few months while I was getting familiar with my Pa3xle. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. During my active career I traveled to 80 countries. I made a point of studying the social etiquette before visiting a new country. Saved my *** many a time. Wink

Here's a fun video illustrating the point ...

American hand gestures that don't translate well abroad

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
keyofZ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
Yes Diki is a troll, with 835 posts on this forum and many thousands on Roland and Synthzone. Smile
You could call Diki in the middle of the night and he'd try to help you, but he'd probably tick you off in the process if you say something stupid.

Translation problem or not. DonM seems to like insulting people too.
And
I understood there might have been some translation problem. So I PM ,d Diki.
And he still came back and posted another insult on the thread. So yes a Troll.
I think I will just read these forums for a bit. I have enough trouble dealing with american stupidity. Without translation problems
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
Folks ... Let's remember that a lot of different cultures are represented on these fora ... what may be funny or innocent in one culture might be insulting in another. Translating from a mother tongue to English may not be understood the way you intended. Things can spin out of control very quickly. Lets all take some deep breaths, shake hands and get back to enjoying our keyboards, whatever model they may be.

+1000

The absolute worst and most dangerous forms of communication are when in "text" form - there is no emotion in "text" - only the way the receiver chooses to interpret it.
E-mails, SMS, Facebook, forums etc..etc.. cause more unnecessary emotional problems (and worse).

These forums rank with the best IMHO and I really enjoy the fabulous people we all know.

It's just important to be mindful and careful particularly when reacting on impulse to some messages - the message being reacted to may actually be perfectly OK.
Some messages of course are clearly rude and require attention.

Let's not get into any more unnecessary message fights - things have been very pleasant and peaceful here for a while now - would be nice to keep it that way.

YES Thoraldus you are a gentleman and highly valued member here and a great example of why Korg forums are so great.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keyofZ wrote:
DonM wrote:

Translation problem or not. DonM seems to like insulting people too.
And
I understood there might have been some translation problem. So I PM ,d Diki.
And he still came back and posted another insult on the thread. So yes a Troll.
I think I will just read these forums for a bit. I have enough trouble dealing with american stupidity. Without translation problems

Do you know what the good old dutch saying " look into the mirror " means?

I dont think this attitude so far against 2 very helpfull memebers of the online arranger community will get you anywhere. Rethink and rephrase your posting attitude while " just reading " these forums..
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never intentionally insulted anyone in my life. If it came across that way, I apologize.
Let's talk about PA4X.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="keyofZ"]
DonM wrote:
I have enough trouble dealing with american stupidity. Without translation problems

Though, I am not an american, I am quite certain the above phrase as is could be taken as a racist insult in most cultures
Perhaps a rephrasing would be in order.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: