Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editor error: "cannot find Kaossilator Pro+"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guysmiley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Editor error: "cannot find Kaossilator Pro+" Reply with quote

When I run the editor for my Kaossilator Pro+ it says "cannot find Kaossilator Pro+"

I installed the usb midi drivers, which actually is able to see the Kaossilator. It also appears in device manager as working correctly. I have it connected directly to the computer with no hubs in between. It is in usb mode. I tried everything in http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58463&sid=df79cd26ddac4400038e2f475d4ea09b

Here is a screenshot showing what is happening and how everything indicates it is connected correctly but the editor still can't see it.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
DodgingRain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which OS? Also do you have other korg usb gear?
VanPells

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really jealous - I want one badly. Anyways, guysmiley, it might be your software.

From the product page:

Windows
Computers: With USB ports support “Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8”.
OS: Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later) / Vista (SP2 or later, 32bit/64bit) / 7 (SP1 or later, 32bit/64bit) / 8 (32bit/64bit),

Macintosh Computers:
Apple Macintosh computer with USB ports support Mac OS X.
CPU: Intel Mac supports

Maybe your x64 XP OS is slightly incompatible? You need the SP3 (Service Pack 3) install for the Korg software to work. Make sure you have that first.

Good luck.
seanwintersax

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject: Workflow Reply with quote

Hey there,

This is my first post. I was thinking about putting up some videos about practical stuff that I had a hard time figuring out. One of these things was getting the KPro+ to gell with my computer. Nice to see recent posts so maybe you'll actually get this as opposed to some of the threads 5 years old.

I have a normal functioning computer like most folks. And I came to the very same problem as the OP. No matter what I did the editor software would not find my Kpro. Eventually after reading some tips I got lucky and it transferred. I did a bunch of work and when I went to sit down again it would not find my hardware. This to me seemed unacceptable. It is. But hey, what we gonna do? You find a work around.

Anything you want to do via the editing software USB you can do by exporting the file to a memory card and then putting the memory card in the KPro and they are there.

This in the end becomes WAY faster than if you were to use the editor software to transmit loops 1 by 1. Or even All Program files to the Kpro and then having to Write them to the Card.

The only catch is they need to be labled 00-99. If you have any other text in the file it will not be recognized by your KPro+.

I've got All Data files saved on my computer as songs and I write down on a piece of paper what the BPM and chord progression consists of. Everything is ordered and labled nicely on my comp.

Go into your DAW, grab some WAV Samples. Plop them over to the Editor and then Press Export instead of transmit. And then you can save them to an SD card. Figure your set out before hand and lable your samples in order of use. Keep notes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: