Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't load new patches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marka3459

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Can't load new patches Reply with quote

I'm a newbie to this in desperate need of advice.I loaded the drivers and librarian to my computer.when I hook up my kingkorg via usb..the software and computer doesn't recognize it.I get the message kingkorg not connected.what am I doing wrong?
capitani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Same as marka3459 Reply with quote

Like marka3459, I'm having the same problem. I tried downloading the 80's sound library and followed all instructions carefully (I believe). My laptop is connected to my K and the K is showing up in hardware devises, the programs are showing as having been downloaded, but I can't get to the next step of loading them into the K. Can anyone suggest anything. Sweetwater Technical Support was no help and Korg Support only helps via email which will take forever.Greatly appreciated.
Lando2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure, but somewhere in the system menu there is a parameter that enables the kk to overwrite presets. Take a look if this solves your problem.

But be careful and save your presets...
capitani

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I was able to work this out, mostly through trial and error without doing any harm to existing presets (I believe). I would have to say a big hurdle for people new to this, like me, is the terminology that gets in the way of understanding owner manuals.

Thanks again....P
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a thought. Do you still have the "write Protect" turned on on your KingKorg?
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
capitani

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jeremy. I eventually realized that I hadn't been using the WRITE function correctly. All is well. Thanks again...P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: