Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uk Pa4x live demo this sunday
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Uk Pa4x live demo this sunday Reply with quote

Going to see & here the pa4x on Sunday in Stratford in the UK where it is being shown at a preview show to the public, I'm told they will be doing one on one demo's so I'll be reporting back my findings there after .....
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Uk Pa4x live demo this sunday Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Going to see & here the pa4x on Sunday in Stratford in the UK where it is being shown at a preview show to the public, I'm told they will be doing one on one demo's so I'll be reporting back my findings there after .....

make sure to post some youtubes...

so you can share your experience with all of us
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do my best providing I'm aloud to film , 2 hrs drive for me and hopefully I'll be able to find out more about some of the questions being asked on this new forum, for instance, the IFX (lack of according to the spec compared to pa3x) which is a big one for me also.....feel free to give me a list of questions to take with me
squeezebox2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: ACC Volume Slider Reply with quote

Hi
It would be good to know if it is still possible to adjust the total ACC volume by the use of the slider as we have always been able to do. I dont mean just to mute it, but to increace/decreace the volume. It looks from the slider layout that this is not now possible. This feature is pretty important to me

Thanks

Ken
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the quick start PDF manual the ACC control is still there but instead of a vertical control it is now a rotary control below the main rotary volume control .....
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi D575:

You are our eyes and ears.-
Will wait for your comments.
Good luck 007.- Wink
Regards.
Eduardo
squeezebox2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That knob has just replaced the balane slider. The one in question is slider 2 on the Pa3x which is ACC/Perc This slider on the 4x is Pad2/Perc.

When the sliders are in volume mode and as these are hard wired it looks like this has now given way to the new Mute buttons on the main screen.

If this is the case then we have lost the ability to adjust ACC total volume on the fly.

Ken
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I understand now squeeze box2 you are correct it has gone I will ask for you ...keep them coming....
squeezebox2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much D. However i do appreceate you may not get the chance to ask.

Reading my scriblings again i was not explaining it to well. I think you see the problem but just to clarify, the No. 2 slider on the 3x when in volume mode allows us to adjust the ACC parts volume 1 - 5 total, not the total ACC Bass & Drums which is howI made it read.

As stated this slider on 4x is now Pad2/Perc so I fear a very useable and established feature has been lost.

Very much hope I can be proved wrong on this one

Thanks

Ken
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well iv seen and herd the pa4x and I can confirm it is a pa3x replacement for me, after a short demo in the hands of korgs UK sales team at the UK keysounds presentation weekend I can confirm it has more mfx than pa3x and more ifx than pa3x which you will now find in the mixer section , the reverb has come from the kronos, there are 80+ new styles , the electric guitars are very very good indeed with all the guitar fx you can shake at it and the midi file to style creator is huge jump in the right direction , just talking to the sales chaps at keysounds UK the take up on pa4x reservation is about 85 and growing and I understand why, I can't report much more than that as the time was short to do any in depth analysis but first impressions are very positive indeed .

Last edited by D575 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
squeezebox2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your report D, appreciate it was very busy there. All sounds very promising.

What was your opinion of the piano sounds in comparison to the 3x?

Ken
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice , the new reverb which is used from the kronos as I was told has give the sound a much greater lift in quality with the decay running on and on and I also understand the piano we listened to was a new one, if you have the opportunity to play the pa3x next to a pa4x and swap backwards and fwd between the two keyboards it will be come very apparent how much better the pa4x sounds as both keyboards where being played in the same room I was in you could not miss the pa4x in this sitting ....I will definitely be getting one...

Last edited by D575 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Hal2001

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks D for your report. Did they give an actual demonstration of the midi file to style creator? Did they mention any limitations. Do you have the impression it's a relatively smooth and easy process or do you think it will require a lot of tweaking/adjustments to polish every new style just to be usable? Hal
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi D575:

Thanks in advance for your report.-
I have a doubt about sound: in your opinion are they EDS like - at least - those included on Krome or the reduced ones included on Microstation ?
About sounds comparision (PA3x & PA4x) i hope soon A&C Hamilton will upload a video about that.-
Again, thanks 007.-
With regards. Eduardo
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the midi file Style creator the better the midi file then there better the end Style, all the sound are created from the GM sounds with in the keyboards GM sound banks to make a style then if you wish you can modify and replace the GM sound with any other sounds in the pa4x just the same as you would with a korg preset styles when modifying and changing the sounds and drum kit in the style section etc (which I do a lot on pa3x), this was the simple explanation I had in the time we had, as for the sound quality it's very clear that this has improved compared to the pa3x and hens the introduction with the better reverb which has been introduced over from the kronos to compliment the improved sound structure in the pa4x..

Last edited by D575 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: