Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uk Pa4x live demo this sunday
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they give you any details about how the SMF to style converter can tell where the sections are you want to use as Intros, Fills, Variations etc. are?

I'm just spitballing here, but I would think that YOU need to drop in Markers (using the Mark/Jump feature) for each of the chunks you want before the machine will know where they are.

But, at a show, they probably have an SMF with those Markers already added so you don't get to see that step...

And yes, the 'better' the SMF. the better the style... but 'better' in this case probably means 'simpler'. Few passing chords, leading lines, walking bass parts, etc.. Trouble is, most of us want styles for complex music. We got enough 'simple' styles already!

I still feel this feature will have limited use unless you want a style that is good ONLY for the song the SMF is. And, if that's the case, simpler just to put markers into the SMF, and then use the SMF! You can still reorganize the structure and change keys and tempo at will...
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I can't answer that for you but what is clear after the some what misleading spec, which had us all worried here thinking the fx on this keyboard had be cut back some how, this is just not the case, the mfx is bigger than pa3x and has be split from the ifx which on the pa3x was shared a single page on the pa3x menu, and now the ifx has been moved to a new location in the mixer menu which now allows for more room with this bigger upgraded ifx and lay out with on screens graphics, I was told we have not lost anything from the pa3x but instead have gained a bigger mfx & ifx with the pa4x, and as has been said already on this forum we need to wait for the full PDF manuals before we spectate too much, so for me the fx debate here has just proved this to me ..... I'm now very much looking fwd to getting my hands on a pa4x to play as well as studying the manuals when they are available ....

Last edited by D575 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
simajanpa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Keyboard Feel? Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Very nice , the new reverb which is used from the kronos as I was told has give the sound a much greater lift in quality with the decay running on and on and I also understand the piano we listened to was a new one, if you have the opportunity to play the pa3x next to a pa4x and swap backwards and fwd between the two keyboards it will be come very apparent how much better the pa4x sound as both keyboards where being played in the same room I was in you could not miss the pa4x in this sitting ....I will definitely be getting one...

D: Since you were in the same room with both the PA3x and new PA4x,

did you by chance get to touch the keybeds and are they the same action or different?

Thanks
Paul
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No we were not invited to play so can't comment on the feel but it has retained the same size full piano length keys from pa3x which is one of the nicest key bed out there in a semi weight configuration , after having this key bed on the pa3x which I believe is from the kronos, then playing Yamaha tyros ,motif xf, Roland Jupiter 80 , has been a surprise how bad they feel compared to what we have had from korg with the pa3x so hopefully the pa4x will feel the same....
squeezebox2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi D
some have commented on the new screen being flimsy. Did it look up to the job in your opinion?

Ken
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Sorry I can't answer that for you but what is clear after the some what misleading spec, which had us all worried here thinking the fx on this keyboard had be cut back some how, this is just not the case, the mfx is bigger than pa3x and has be split away from the ifx which on pa3x was shared a single page in the pa3x on the menu, so now the ifx has been moved to a new location in the mixer menu which now allows for more room with this bigger upgraded ifx and lay out with in the screens graphics, I was told we have not lost anything over the pa3x but instead have gained a bigger mfx & ifx with the pa4x, so now as has been said already on this forum we need to wait for the full PDF manuals before we spectate too much, so for me the fx debate here has just proved this to me ..... I'm now very much looking fwd to getting my hands on a pa4x to play as well as studying the manuals when they are available ....

The demo videos tell something else about the effects, so we need to wayt on a true handson to get the abswer...

Also the allocatable user menmory for sounds dropped from 512 to 400..

Just wondering if they could change anything yet before release
simajanpa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Keybed Feel Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
No we were not invited to play so can't comment on the feel but it has retained the same size full piano length keys from pa3x which is one of the nicest key bed out there in a semi weight configuration , after having this key bed on the pa3x which I believe is from the kronos, then playing Yamaha tyros ,motif xf, Roland Jupiter 80 , has been a surprise how bad they feel compared to what we have had from korg with the pa3x so hopefully the pa4x will feel the same....

Thanks for the info. I too love the keybed on the Pa3x76, so just hoping Korg uses the same on the Pa4x76.

I had an original Kronos 61 and I liked that keybed, but if I remember correctly the Pa3x76 feels better to me.

Cheers
Paul
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just wondering if they could change anything yet before release

I guess anything could be changed and if you consider the Korg PA arranger history, we have ended up with many changes, additions and enhancements over the years (and NOT had yo pay for any!!) - I'm sure that won't change.
Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: