Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Microarranger - drum mutes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulyuk6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Korg Microarranger - drum mutes? Reply with quote

Hi folks

Maybe the more experienced of you could advise me on this point:

If I have a style playing (for instance one of the dance or disco styles). I'd like to start it off with (for example) just the kick drum playing, then add the snare and then maybe a hihat, and so on, to build the rhythm up.
To do this I need to be able to mute the various instruments within the drum track and then unmute them one by one.
Now obviously I can see how to mute/unmute an entire arranger part (such as turning off the drum track entirely) but how do I control the individual drum sounds within the track, while the pattern is playing?

All advice grapefruitly received!

Paul
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Microarranger - drum mutes? Reply with quote

paulyuk6 wrote:
Hi folks

Maybe the more experienced of you could advise me on this point:

If I have a style playing (for instance one of the dance or disco styles). I'd like to start it off with (for example) just the kick drum playing, then add the snare and then maybe a hihat, and so on, to build the rhythm up.
To do this I need to be able to mute the various instruments within the drum track and then unmute them one by one.
Now obviously I can see how to mute/unmute an entire arranger part (such as turning off the drum track entirely) but how do I control the individual drum sounds within the track, while the pattern is playing?

All advice grapefruitly received!

Paul

Page 46 of your manual says you can do this.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
paulyuk6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that suggestion.
Page 46 mentions about volume adjustment of the various drum parts.
Which would probably work, but I don't think this would give an immediate mute/unmute function as you'd need to scroll the numbers up or down to increase or reduce the volume. Anyway, I'll give that a try, unless someone else has an alternative suggestion.

regards

Paul
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulyuk6 wrote:
Thanks for that suggestion.
Page 46 mentions about volume adjustment of the various drum parts.
Which would probably work, but I don't think this would give an immediate mute/unmute function as you'd need to scroll the numbers up or down to increase or reduce the volume. Anyway, I'll give that a try, unless someone else has an alternative suggestion.

regards

Paul

You could create custom styles where each STS adds more drum parts.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
paulyuk6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll have a look at that too!

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: