Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volume Pedal settings not translating

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigfootjim159

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Volume Pedal settings not translating Reply with quote

I have a Triton Rack as a backup for my Triton Studio. The Triton Studio is acting up so I have all my programs loaded in the Rack. (I am using the Triton Studio as a midi controller for the Rack).I have the Midi Program change enabled and System Exclusive as well. I was over joyed to discover that when I choose a program on the Triton Studio it shows up on the Rack with the same name and settings as the program on the Studio! The only issue is the midi setting on the Rack for the volume pedal aren't the same. I have some combinations where the Volume pedal only works on certain patches in the combination (like turning up and down only the strings but leaving the piano patch up). I know that when you load patches from the Studio to the rack this is the case and you have to go in and manually make this setting on the rack. I was just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this yet. Thanks!
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton Rack doesn't have pedal inputs behind it, therefore the option to (re)assign a pedal
as a global controller may not be possible... I could be wrong, tho. not 100% sure !?!

What you could do instead as a workaround is have the Studio send MIDI message

CC#7 (volume) or CC#11 (expression).
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another workaround is a stereo volume / expression pedal
Plug-in the main volume output (L +R) from the rack, the rest Im sure even a DRUMMER could figure it out. Very Happy

bigfootjim159

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the pedal controls work on the Rack the same way they do in the Triton Studio (when I'm using the Studio as a midi controller with System Exclusive enabled) EXCEPT for combinations that have the volume pedal only active on some of the patches. I know that when you load programs from the Triton Studio into the Rack you have to program this manually in the Rack (Menu/Midi 4 Midi 4-2 OTHER CONTROL CHANGE). I was hoping someone found a work around to this because it is much easier to do the programming on the Studio and just have the Rack read it.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigfootjim159 wrote:
All the pedal controls work on the Rack the same way they do in the Triton Studio (when I'm using the Studio as a midi controller with System Exclusive enabled) EXCEPT for combinations that have the volume pedal only active on some of the patches.

In theory the rack has all the capabilities & should faithfully reproduce everything done on its keyboard siblings
However, the rack lacks a footswitch sustain damper pedal inputs so there may not be a way to access those settings !?!
Luckily for you you have the STudio !!! Try to see if you could correct the problem from the Triton Studio itself..

Check to see if the pedal is assign to "master volume"

In case you had the pedal assign to "master volume" you need to change it to CC#7 (volume)
Even with SYSEX enabled "master volume" controls cannot be send over midi to a secondary device

Quote:

I know that when you load programs from the Triton Studio into the Rack you have to program this manually in the Rack (Menu/Midi 4 Midi 4-2 OTHER CONTROL CHANGE).

Ummm, could be..
There is a possibility you could have had MIDI filters on certain patches perhaps those are the in-active ones filtering-out
volume related controller messegaes ??

Quote:
I was hoping someone found a work around to this because it is much easier to do the programming on the Studio and just have the Rack read it.

I suss that you don't play drums much. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: