Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa4X missing function (vs Pa3X)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Could you please also take the time to answer the other 9 dozens of questions on this Forum?

As Pete says, I hope the release of the complete User Manual will answer most questions. In the meantime, I suggest not to spread informaton based on rumors or personal conjectures.

Paolo
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wise words, Paolo - and Pete. Smile
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Paolo...

We were wondering where you had gone while all this misinformation and confusion has gone back and forth for well over a month!

No offense, but Korg could have done a MUCH better job monitoring the primary English language Korg arranger site and quelling misinformation and rumors as they appeared... Wink

Asking the members of the site to not speculate about things before the full manual is released, when members already have models in their hands, dealers have released videos, and a preliminary product information page has ALREADY BEEN POSTED BY KORG is a bit optimistic, wouldn't you say? Rolling Eyes

Surely Korg have had the resources to allot someone to come here and at the very least dispel some basic misinformation (taken from your own poorly written preliminary specs), like the badly written insert effects information?

This has been one of the most fractured, disorganized rollouts of a major TOTL arranger we have ever seen... Confused
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully concur with what Diki says in reply to Paolo. Korg Italy should have learnt their lessons by now, but apparently they have not. It is so easy to blame the trusted Korg user. Come on Paolo, you can do better than that. For starters, how about releasing the complete manual ? If the keyboard hits the stores in October as it widely reported everywhere it should be a piece of cake to release the full manual , it would seem ?

regards,
John Smies
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Paulo knows we exist here. Not sure than is true about any other major arranger company on any other forum.
Well, AJ does a good job in the U.S. with Ketron, but he is just an importer and tech.
I must agree, it's a shame there is no much misinformation gloating around.
DonM
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I've said a month ago that the final evaluation will be after the release of advanced edit manual ,
it's almost crystal clear that streaming from disk feature stays only in factory EDS engine resources ,
very nice for Plug and Play users , but future advanced users and developers of Pa4X will be downgraded
by 112 Mb of Ram capacity compared to Pa3X !!!

Therefore Paolo we might discuss to upgrade in Pa4X only after a newer OS release that will allow users
to stream their resources from disk (as expected) , manage global resources and decide by themselves
of what to pre-load in their arranger like using the whole Ram for custom resources , like in Korg Kronos.
In the similar case of Kronos OS v1 , OS v2 had changed the "game" in HD1 module , so hope to do the
same in Pa4X occasion (eazy to achieve in current Pa4X OS programming) and not to wait for a Pa5X release ...
Keep intouch ...

BTW : Vex , I already bought a second Pa3X 76 for any case !!! Wink

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Vex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Anthony Wink
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Diki,

Please keep in mind we don't have an official presence in this or any other forum. We still rely on the old, trusted support channels managed by each distributor in the language spoken by their customers. This forum is a place where users can exchange opinions, and is independent from Korg. I'm personally happy to answer to questions when I can (or I'm authorized to answer to).

Dikikeys wrote:
… some basic misinformation (taken from your own poorly written preliminary specs), like the badly written insert effects information?

The only information I'm aware of is the Pa4X Specification page in the official Korg web site. As far as I can see, the information about the Insert FXs is correct:

"Accompaniment/Song: 4 Insert Effects; 3 Master Effects (148 Types)
Keyboard Tracks: 1 Insert Effect; 2 Master Effects (148 Types)"
http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/pa4x/page_3.php

As for the complete User Manual, times to release documents on the new, more comprehensive web site are a bit longer than with the older web site only devoted to the arrangers. In exchange, you will find more information on the complete product line from Korg, and browsing through the products and the support materials will be easier.

Customers who received their Pa4X should be able to find a PDF copy of the manual in the included DVD.

Paolo

Last edited by Paolo@Korg on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:

No offense, but Korg could have done a MUCH better job monitoring the primary English language Korg arranger site and quelling misinformation and rumors as they appeared…

Surely Korg have had the resources to allot someone to come here and at the very least dispel some basic misinformation (taken from your own poorly written preliminary specs), like the badly written insert effects information?
This has been one of the most fractured, disorganized rollouts of a major TOTL arranger we have ever seen...

Seriously unnecessary comments Confused

So saying "No offence" followed by offensive comments and a smiley doesn't work, particularly to someone we have all valued immensely over the years……
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Pa4X missing function (vs Pa3X) Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
MISSING KORG PA4X missing function

4. Korg Pa4X missing calibration display

is not missing !!
Long keypress Global --->Touch Panel Calibration
Wink
almost same as Pa3x
Pa3x User Manual @ page #218 wrote:
Hint: To quickly reach this page (calibration display)from any other page, press
GLOBAL to enter the Global mode, then press it again and keep it
pressed, until this page appears.

Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Dikikeys wrote:

No offense, but Korg could have done a MUCH better job monitoring the primary English language Korg arranger site and quelling misinformation and rumors as they appeared…

This has been one of the most fractured, disorganized rollouts of a major TOTL arranger we have ever seen...

Seriously unnecessary comments Confused

So saying "No offence" followed by offensive comments and a smiley doesn't work, particularly to someone we have all valued immensely over the years……

And Paolo was gracious enough not to 'bite' and answer in a calm, accurate manner.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
Quote:
And Paolo was gracious enough not to 'bite' and answer in a calm, accurate manner.

Yes a true gentleman...
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
korgpask

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Returns MP3 audio type in harmony to Korg Pa4X ????? Reply with quote

Returns MP3 audio type in harmony to Korg Pa4X ??

It will be expanded RAM memory in Korg Pa4X ??

" Korg Pa3X max 512 BM compressed - Pa4X only 400 MB uncompressed "

and Korg Pa4X can not use compressed WAV samples from Korg Pa3X !!!
Posted: karmathanever

corrects this error?

compress function will be added in all samples Pa4X ???
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Returns MP3 audio type in harmony to Korg Pa4X ????? Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
and Korg Pa4X can not use compressed WAV samples from Korg Pa3X !!!

I apologize, but it was a mistake in the older manual. Pa4X can read compressed samples from Pa3X, but only if they can fit into the new memory size.

Paolo
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: missing grouped sliders, autoselect sound, fill-mode Reply with quote

Could not find: grouped virtal sliders, auto select sound, fill mode

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: