Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa4X missing function (vs Pa3X)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Guys upgrading from Pa800 or older, it may be worth,.. but us from pa3, it would be waste of money... sadly

Certainly very very very expensive for us in Oz

As of 2 weeks ago:-
PA4X-76 RRP AUD6,500
PA4X-61 RRP AUD5,999

Have no idea of the street price at this stage

(Tyros 5-76 RRP is over AUD8,000 - street is about 6.3K at the moment)

If I got top dollar for my PA3X, the change over would cost at least AUD3,300 (out of pocket) - no-brainer at the moment even if the PA4X had a built-in coffee maker.

I have to play the long long waiting game Sad
If prices stay put, PA3X could be my last arranger - but that isn't a bad thing.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
Guys upgrading from Pa800 or older, it may be worth,.. but us from pa3, it would be waste of money... sadly

PA4X-76 RRP AUD6,500
PA4X-61 RRP AUD5,999

If I got top dollar for my PA3X, the change over would cost at least AUD3,300 (out of pocket) - no-brainer at the moment even if the PA4X had a built-in coffee maker.

If prices stay put, PA3X could be my last arranger - but that isn't a bad thing.

Pete Very Happy

Overhere in europe, and thats the most important arranger market.. Prices of T5 are around €3500 when you find the right dealer.. While the same dealer will not drop Korg pricess that much, as the instrument is brandnew

RRP's of pa4x 76 and T5 76 are about the same...
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Overhere in europe, and thats the most important arranger market.. Prices of T5 are around €3500 when you find the right dealer.. While the same dealer will not drop Korg pricess that much, as the instrument is brandnew

Humm? Here in the USA, one major retailer has Pa4x at $3,700 for the 61 and $3,900 for the 76. The Yammies T5 is $1,400 higher vs the Korg Pa. A lot of coin to leave on the table for what you get. IMHO

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

That is not entirely correct. The RRP for the 61 keys PA4X is 4250 euros, hence that now most shops offer it at a " street price " of 3500 euros.
The 76 keys version has an RRP of 4495 euros, streetprice 3700 euros. All ot these excluding the speaker bar. Admittedly very steep prices, as far as I know those in the States are the lucky ones...........

regards,
John
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

PA4X-76 RRP AUD6,500
PA4X-61 RRP AUD5,999

Seems to me Pete that these prices are very similar to the RRP in Holland and Europe.As mentioned in my answer to Bachus the streetprices are approx.
15% lower , so I guess that goes for the ones you mention here as well......

regards,
John
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

PA4X-76 RRP AUD6,500
PA4X-61 RRP AUD5,999

Pete Very Happy

A bit odd, that, about prices being higher in Europe than in North America. Europe, being the ''most important market'', you'd think moving more units would result in a lower price. Still, what do I know about marketing? Confused
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Overhere in europe, and thats the most important arranger market.. Prices of T5 are around €3500 when you find the right dealer.. While the same dealer will not drop Korg pricess that much, as the instrument is brandnew

RRP's of pa4x 76 and T5 76 are about the same...[/quote]
A bit odd, that, about prices being higher in Europe than in North America. Europe, being the ''most important market'', you'd think moving more units would result in a lower price. Still, what do I know about marketing? Confused[/quote]

Pricing does seem to be more competitive here in the States. It may be because of increased purchasing power. That pricing is also reflected in workstations as well.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
[Overhere in europe, and thats the most important arranger market.. Prices of T5 are around €3500 when you find the right dealer.. While the same dealer will not drop Korg pricess that much, as the instrument is brandnew

A bit odd, that, about prices being higher in Europe than in North America. Europe, being the ''most important market'', you'd think moving more units would result in a lower price. Still, what do I know about marketing? Confused[/quote]

Pricing does seem to be more competitive here in the States. It may be because of increased purchasing power. That pricing is also reflected in workstations as well.[/quote]

Dont forget, we pay over 20% sales tax in Europe, thats making things quite expensive.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsmies wrote:
Bachus wrote:

That is not entirely correct. The RRP for the 61 keys PA4X is 4250 euros, hence that now most shops offer it at a " street price " of 3500 euros.
The 76 keys version has an RRP of 4495 euros, streetprice 3700 euros. All ot these excluding the speaker bar. Admittedly very steep prices, as far as I know those in the States are the lucky ones...........

regards,
John

John, i just replaced my stolen Tyros a few weeks ago, T5, 76 for €3500 and that included a 2GB flash expansion and 2 official Yamaha expansion packs, and a USB stick with almost 50 GB sounds, midifiles, styles, pads, songs..

Its just a matter of finding the right place, and not telling Yamaha what you actually paid..
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
nitecrawler wrote:

A bit odd, that, about prices being higher in Europe than in North America. Europe, being the ''most important market'', you'd think moving more units would result in a lower price. Still, what do I know about marketing? Confused

Pricing does seem to be more competitive here in the States. It may be because of increased purchasing power. That pricing is also reflected in workstations as well.[/quote]

Dont forget, we pay over 20% sales tax in Europe, thats making things quite expensive.[/quote]

Yup, taxes can be quite pesky at times. But, here the Tyros 5 goes for about $5300.00 and the Pa3x for about $3,500.00. That's a $2000.00 dollar difference! Shocked Now, Korg is trying to empty out the bins for the new Pa4x. The Pa4x is about $3,900.00. That is still a savings over the older Tyros 5 to consider. All these prices do not include taxes.

Dikikeys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

John, i just replaced my stolen Tyros a few weeks ago, T5, 76 for €3500 and that included a 2GB flash expansion and 2 official Yamaha expansion packs, and a USB stick with almost 50 GB sounds, midifiles, styles, pads, songs..

Its just a matter of finding the right place, and not telling Yamaha what you actually paid..

Which you just did... Twisted Evil Razz

To be honest, it's all a wink and a nod with dealer networks... If Yamaha really gave a rats what anyone was selling them for, all they would have to do is call up and pretend to be a customer, then revoke the dealership when they get a quote lower than they want it to be sold at.

But, they already have their money... The dealer paid them. So, no biggie. All Yamaha want is to not have the lowest price quoted on the Internet on the store's websites, etc., so they can protect the profit margin for other dealers that don't want (or can't afford) to make such a low margin.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only complaint and show-stopper for me…..

…..just found 2 retailers in Oz both selling PA4X-76 for $6,000 (discount of $499 off RRP $6,499)

So that's seriously the end of it for me for now.

Sad
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

…..just found 2 retailers in Oz both selling PA4X-76 for $6,000 (discount of $499 off RRP $6,499)

Sad

Thats like €10k

Why do they allways try to rip off you guys in Australia?
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
karmathanever wrote:

Sad

Thats like €10k

Come on Bachus, get your numbers straight ! 6000 Australian dollars works out into 3850 euros, which is only 150 euros more expensive than here in Holland..........

regards,
John
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsmies wrote:
Bachus wrote:
karmathanever wrote:

Sad

Thats like €10k

Come on Bachus, get your numbers straight ! 6000 Australian dollars works out into 3850 euros, which is only 150 euros more expensive than here in Holland..........

regards,
John
well, according to my information a single australian dollar is worth €1,60... Unless its the other way around... Then i looked up whe wrong course..

3850 euros would be an acceptable price...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: