Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Havian 30 for gigs???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reidoo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Havian 30 for gigs??? Reply with quote

Hey guys...new to the forum.
I am looking to buy a new keyboard. I am a solo cocktail pianist and acompanist and also i play arranger keyboard (solo or acompanying with styles).
I was thinking to buy a pa3x, since it's a great kbd and has a 76 keys version, (being a pianist...61 keybeds are killing me) when i realised i could go maybe for the Havian 30. It would seem like the perfect choise for a pianist who also uses arranger features...but is it profesional enough? Everybody says it is just for home and not gigs. Why? Is portability an issue...because frankly the pa3x has some extra kgs and that sure ain't a home keybd :p
I hope to get some answers from you guys...
Thanks in advance and all the best Smile
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my reply where you double posted.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: If I were strictly a pianist... Reply with quote

Own a pa3x. Not impressed with piano sounds. Actually the Casio Privia series impressed me more if you were doing piano gigs. Very portable, inexpensive. Many of the major music stores at least stock them for you to try before you buy. As for arranger, Korg is the boss!
Reidoo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: If I were strictly a pianist... Reply with quote

Keymn wrote:
Own a pa3x. Not impressed with piano sounds. Actually the Casio Privia series impressed me more if you were doing piano gigs. Very portable, inexpensive. Many of the major music stores at least stock them for you to try before you buy. As for arranger, Korg is the boss!

Thank you for your answer. I am not stricly a pianist...i would say 60% - 40% (piano/ arranger) I know the Casio Privia series, i have tested some of them and they are very good, but i am in need of an arranger on witch i could also play solo piano (not cheap 61 plasticky keys) - tired of using 2 keyboards. I have not made my purchase yet, but i am starting to think about PA3x LE - decent 76 keybed for piano and profesional arranger features, not exactly at the level of PA3x PRO but a few kilos lighter.
Reidoo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: If I were strictly a pianist... Reply with quote

Finally went with the PA3x LE. It's the perfect keyboard for me, exactly what i wanted!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: