Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TC Helicon upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charley Brown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: TC Helicon upgrade Reply with quote

Hello Pete ~ I believe the hard drive is starting to go bad on my Pa1x. I have the TC Helicon upgrade activated. It's been said that Korg no longer supports the upgrade. Is the activation status stored on the hard drive. Will the activation code still work independent of Korg? In other words does activation depend on connectivity with Korg?

Also where can I obtain the correct hard drive for the Korg Pa1x

Thanks ~ Charley Brown
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Charley

I am uncertain about this, however…
...I do not think you will have any problem with TCH upgrade - I can't imagine that it would be on the hard drive - I think the upgrade was available for PA1X which didn't have a hard drive.
But I think you are right - I don't think you would get the TCH upgrade code any more - it was distributed via an out-sourced 3rd party if I remember correctly.

Korg refer to the optional Hard drive for PA1X as "Standard 2.5" ATA Hard Disk Drive" - maybe worth removing the old one first and then you'll be able to replace it correctly.

I would recommend a store that sells computers, accessories etc…

Good luck with it - let us know how you go.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Charley Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: TC Helicon upgrade Reply with quote

Thanks Pete ~ Excellent point regarding TC Helicon upgrade originally provided as an option even with out a hard drive. I did pay to have it activated and I also have the activation code. I just hope it still works if it fails to activate after changing out the hard drive.

Thanks again Pete
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Helicon upgrade Reply with quote

Charley Brown wrote:
Thanks Pete ~ Excellent point regarding TC Helicon upgrade originally provided as an option even with out a hard drive. I did pay to have it activated and I also have the activation code. I just hope it still works if it fails to activate after changing out the hard drive.

Thanks again Pete

Charley,

While your drive is still working, take it out and duplicate it onto an identical (but new) drive. There are dual drive docks available that can duplicate a drive with the push of a button. Here's one I purchased recently, works like a charm!

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Charley Brown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: TC Helicon upgrade Reply with quote

Thoraldus ~ Thank you for the useful info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: