Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa4x Demos from Bonners music UK
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: pa4x Demos from Bonners music UK Reply with quote

Last edited by mrniceneasy on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Keith - look forward to checking these out when I get home.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 more at bonners, there are now a total of 6, they quite well show off the goodness the pa4x has to offer...
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa4X sound library definitely beats Kronos HD1 factory sound library ! Not sure yet for grand pianos.
If user streaming feature will be added , it could have great potential ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, a lot of the (new) sounds are very, very good!
I especially like some of the new guitar samples.
Will be fun to play with those.

Brasses don't seem to have been improved?

Thanks for posting these videos, they give a good impression of the new sound library.

Maybe I have to start saving ...

Rolling Eyes

Play in style. Wink
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit concerned with how much screen movement there is when pressed forcefully... I wonder how long it will take this degree of flexing to stress out those plastic supports?

Me, I might consider making some hard plastic rods to support it a bit more than those flimsy gears...

Piano definitely better. Guitars too. Not a big fan of the brass or saxes. Organ still a bit processed, but improving. OTOH, I'm not really that huge a fan even of the CX-3 engine in the Kronos, compared to Nord and Hammond sims (or even my little BK-9's), so Korg got some work to do. But definitely a BIT better... (still hate those sampled ones, though! When will Korg ever learn that, once they have a decent Leslie sim, you shouldn't sample any Leslie/Vib/Chor on the raw samples?)

Does anyone have any figures about how many NEW samples there are? They tout 10X the sample ROM, but is a huge amount of that simply chewed up by the new grand piano, Rhode's etc.? There may be 10X the ROM, but are there 10X the sounds? I doubt it!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Keith - just got to check out these demos.
A very very nice taste of the PA4X - we now need more demos like this with more info whilst we await our retailers to receive stock.
I must admit that just watching and listening to these vids is definitely diluting, if not destroying many of the unqualified negative comments so far.

The only proof is in the "hands-on" experience - so, can't comment yet - can't wait though…this beast is looking better each day... Very Happy

Pete Very Happy
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Thanks again Keith - just got to check out these demos.
A very very nice taste of the PA4X - we now need more demos like this with more info whilst we await our retailers to receive stock.
I must admit that just watching and listening to these vids is definitely diluting, if not destroying many of the unqualified negative comments so far.

The only proof is in the "hands-on" experience - so, can't comment yet - can't wait though…this beast is looking better each day... Very Happy

Pete Very Happy

+1 Pete. Not hearing the "squashed" thin sounds from these videos that some are complaining about. More the opposite! Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thin and squashed comments on this thread...

Maybe you are thinking of demos on another thread (by maybe a different source)?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diki wrote:
I'm a bit concerned with how much screen movement there is when pressed forcefully... I wonder how long it will take this degree of flexing to stress out those plastic supports?
Me, I might consider making some hard plastic rods to support it a bit more than those flimsy gears...

So it has "flimsy gears" eh? You know this of course?
PA2Xpro, PA3X-76 - same gears - never heard of any breaking as yet.

But I am always amused (maybe the word is "horrified") by people to treat equipment with touch screens and micro-switch buttons like they are trying to get their money back from a Coke machine Wink

Seriously have seen keyboard players "thump" the controls like a PC when WINDOWs crashes again - fortunately Korg make robust units (like Roland used to).

Anyhow, I guess you need to be concerned if you are treating the equipment (as you say) "forcefully".
Still, it would be a great advantage to actually own or try one and then see what happens, and how it feels - if the screen had no movement I would be more concerned about it breaking BUT I admit to the world, I don't own one and will happily, verbally, tear it to shreds when I do, but NOT before!!!

Pete Very Happy
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from Korg ...

"Big, bright, and bold, the new capacitive TouchView display hosts a redesigned graphical interface that is easier than ever to read, even under the most demanding lighting environments. "

Key here is 'capacitive' ... the move from resistive to capacitive touchscreen should make it much easier to control with a light touch. Just don't wear regular gloves. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good styles Demo from Sudclaviers in France..

nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
Here's a good styles Demo from Sudclaviers in France..

I notice that an amount of styles above are also on the Pa3xle. So there is some continuity. There are some that are totally new as well. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or are quite a few of those styles that would be hard pressed to be used on any song other than the one they are based on?

The thing is, if Korg's new SMF to style feature actually works (jury seems to be out), is there any point to filling up the ROM with 'songstyles' with basically the one use?

Me, I'd rather that Korg spend their content budget on styles that work on a variety of tunes, and let me go hunt styles for one specific tune (or, more practically, use an SMF or audio backing). One style, one tune seems such a waste of resources.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:
Is it just me, or are quite a few of those styles that would be hard pressed to be used on any song other than the one they are based on?

The thing is, if Korg's new SMF to style feature actually works (jury seems to be out), is there any point to filling up the ROM with 'songstyles' with basically the one use?

Me, I'd rather that Korg spend their content budget on styles that work on a variety of tunes, and let me go hunt styles for one specific tune (or, more practically, use an SMF or audio backing). One style, one tune seems such a waste of resources.

Point taken, especially when using the first intro, the song options are limited from my perspective as well. Although when you utilize the second or third intro, song variety is much more open. With STS adjustments, pad adjustments and different tempos the styles are that much more flexible again. That being said, there are a few that tend toward song specific territory. Now the SMF to style feature can be viewed from a positive standpoint and come into play here. The Pa4x should have plenty of room to add a full nite or two of song specific styles. This can be a real advantage to help "cover" specific requests on some gigs. Granted, maybe not a style for a large group of songs, but who really cares. There are ways to add and detract material as one sees fit. This gives you a lot of flexibility for a variety of different gigs. YVMV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: