Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy a PA3X or PA4X
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain my post. I'm not biased. The Tyros is a wonderful instrument. I owned T1, T2, and almost all the PSRs through the S950. I tried the T5, but it is too big and bulky for me to move every night in my advancing years and I have become spoiled by touch screens. Smile
The only drums on them I can stand are the audio drums though. Most others have to be edited, tweaked, replaced, etc. I would give anything for the Yamaha guitars to be in Korg arrangers.
And I was not stating my own opinion about the Tyros 4, and I was probably out of line saying what I did...that is repeating something that was said to me in person by the OP. I didn't have permission to do that. I was just trying to be helpful.
I hate to go back and edit it or delete it now, and since you quoted it, there would be no purpose anyway.
I didn't meant to degrade the Tyros. We have SO many great arranger choices these days.
I now have a PA3X and a Ketron SD7. Looking forward to the 4X, mainly for these reasons:
Better guitar sounds, ability to save chord sequencer to Songbook, tilt screen, and others. Mostly small stuff that may not matter to anyone else.
Please accept my apology for making a comment that was easily misconstrued. I'll apologize to Deane (Hammer) in person. He will understand, and besides I'm a hundred pounds bigger than he is. Smile
DonM
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
Let me explain my post. I'm not biased. The Tyros is a wonderful instrument. I owned T1, T2, and almost all the PSRs through the S950. I tried the T5, but it is too big and bulky for me to move every night in my advancing years and I have become spoiled by touch screens. Smile
The only drums on them I can stand are the audio drums though. Most others have to be edited, tweaked, replaced, etc. I would give anything for the Yamaha guitars to be in Korg arrangers.
And I was not stating my own opinion about the Tyros 4, and I was probably out of line saying what I did...that is repeating something that was said to me in person by the OP. I didn't have permission to do that. I was just trying to be helpful.
I hate to go back and edit it or delete it now, and since you quoted it, there would be no purpose anyway.
I didn't meant to degrade the Tyros. We have SO many great arranger choices these days.
I now have a PA3X and a Ketron SD7. Looking forward to the 4X, mainly for these reasons:
Better guitar sounds, ability to save chord sequencer to Songbook, tilt screen, and others. Mostly small stuff that may not matter to anyone else.
Please accept my apology for making a comment that was easily misconstrued. I'll apologize to Deane (Hammer) in person. He will understand, and besides I'm a hundred pounds bigger than he is. Smile
DonM

Seems that clears up my misunderstanding you, thank you for your kind response....
quinn47

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: PA4X Unavailable in US -- what's the story? Reply with quote

The PA4X Pro was released in Europe April 2015 (I believe).
It was supposed to be available in the USA 21 Sept 2015. I have had one on order (Guitar Center) since that day. I have been given delay after delay. Now, they are saying it will ship 29 Jan 2016. Sweetwater is facing the same thing, so this is apparently not a Guitar Center issue.

Does anyone know why we in the US are facing these delays?

Can a PA4X Pro be ordered from Europe and shipped to the US? (Portland, Oregon). If I were to do that, however - who would honor the warranty and how would that work?

Is the delayed US model going to be any different than the European model that launched in April 2015?

Thanks! -Pat Quinn Portland, OR USA
hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus,
I wanted to clear up Don Mason's post. I have owned and gigged with these keyboards, PSR3000, Tyros 3, Tyros 4, PSR950, Roland E50, E80, Korg PA1X, PA2XPro, PA900, MicroArranger, Dan's vArranger using a Ketron SD2 module and now the Ketron SD7. I currently have the Tyros 4 and the SD7 side by side and I assure you, it is not a "matter of opinion" as to which one has a greater live sound. I still play my Tyros 4 but not very much and each time I do when I return to the SD7 I am amazed at the difference in realism.

Now, I still do like the Tyros 4 and will use it the entire month of December for my Christmas gigs because Ketron simply can't match the wonderful Christmas styles available for the Yamaha keyboards. I will hang on to one of my Tyro 4s simply to play future December gigs - but my main go-to will be the SD7.

Hope this helps shed light on what Don posted.

Deane
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Deane, hope to see you soon!
DonM
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Happy with Pa3x but...? Reply with quote

I have owned a PA3x for over a year and have an Roland accordion that I connect to midi. The new Midi to Bluetooth technology has been around for awhile and many of the iPad apps have this feature to connect giving a wireless midi to Bluetooth connection to iPad applications. I was hoping the pa4x would have some Bluetooth midi hardware built in for wireless applications. I know Roland has a USB plugin but that is only for a LAN connection.
I am now using external hardware, Quicco Mi.1 and Panda wireless midi connections. The mi.1 is perfect for the "songbook+" app that directly connects to the Korg songbook numbers. You just plug it into the midi in/out and gives a Bluetooth signal. Low latency too. This puts the songbook and numbers list on the iPad with charts or lyric/chords for you to select. No need to be concerned with the pa screen size. And the iPad pro gives even a larger screen. I very seldom interact with my pa screen during live gigs.
In my opinion, invest in the pa4x, styles and sound improvements.
I like the new styles improvement since I pre owned a pa1x. Feel it gave me more diversity on my gigs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: