Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X - LOG GENUINE SUSPECTED PROBLEMS HERE PLEASE...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: PA4X - LOG GENUINE SUSPECTED PROBLEMS HERE PLEASE... Reply with quote

Hi all

If you do not own a PA4X, then please do not post anything here - just create a new topic or add to an existing one.

As we are blessed with the unofficial involvement by Korg Italy (e.g. Paolo) I thought I'd start this topic for PA4X owners ONLY to report any suspected bugs or problems.
Basically, a problem or suspected bug would be that the PA4X does not perform according to its specifications and manuals.

Please be as specific as you can in describing the problem and how it can be re-created.
If you have already posted such issues elsewhere please copy them and post here.
Please include your PA4X serial number in your thread.
I am hoping this topic will assist Korg.

Any wish lists or issues that do not relate to the PA4X and its specifications should be posted elsewhere (and will be removed from here to keep it tidy for Korg)

Thanks for your co-operation - hopefully this might help us all.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by karmathanever on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:02 am; edited 3 times in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
Wise initiative.
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a personal message Paolo @

He received the answer, we have to be patient and wait. The error-handling work.
Vex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few days of using PA4x found so far several bugs/problems:

1.Pads are locked in Global,and saved 4 constant pads on " My setting" for start up ,but,after restart, these pads are not the ones selected and memorized,and volume- eq -fx values ,too. - Conclusion - Pad lock function does not working properly.

2.No individual Songbook entry delete option (only initialize Songbook option - wipes whole Songbook )

3.Can not write current style/kbd set/voice preset in Songbook (Book Edit 1 - Write current ) if other style is selected for that song. It can be only saved as new song

4. Voice preset lock option is missing. Voice preset randomly goes on user preset 1 when changing kbd set. There is "Global" check box in Mic tab on main menu screen but after changing style , that Global checkbox always reset to "checked"

5.Found compatibility issues -pa3x styles to pa4- some parameters pa4x did not loaded exactly as they were in pa3x ( Mixer - master fx values for some styles)

6. Compatibility issues with converting Pa3x performances to Pa4x keyboard set - some parameters did not load exactly as they were on pa3x (Master FX values in Mixer menu)

7.Tried to delete random style in Direct style SET which is located on storage internal labeled "DISK" (KORG DISK) and style couldn't be deleted, says "device generic error" . Worked after keyboard restart.

8.Scroling Effect with finger is randomly working, most of the tries and time doesn't work ... Searching for right Insert FX is not easy now...Only work fine when listing effects with wheel ,touch is not working properly .

9. Display font and graphics are not sharp, very bad feeling for my eyes. I am wearing glasses and this is not very pleasant experience,especially when we do not have Songbook editor,styles are not loaded correctly from previous models (explained above) and I spending now hours with Pa4x watching in that display...Not convenient at all.

That's it for now,after 2 days effective usage...Probably will find more. Waiting for new and improved OS Smile

Greetings.
pixatu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please correct the image resolution.
Everything is blurred.
The screen has a high resolution and the image is low Crying or Very sad
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with VEX. This is so even in my Korg pa4x.
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIDI to MP3 recording to storage KORG HD at 126 BPM MP3 was recorded up to 23 measure. As if the recording starts after 23 measures. While the recording was started first and then play midi !!

MP3 song is not complete. Missing 00:00 to 00:38 seconds!
korgpask

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem that I wrote, has more to do with Korg HD.
If after switching on Pa4X not apply Korg HD memory so as not spin.
When saving a recording MP3 Korg Pa4X forces after 30 seconds to spin and make the Korg HD. And this is the time that is missing in the recording. This happens when you turn on the instrument and then not anymore.

link for test

LINK VIDEO dukument
http://www.korgpa.sk/pa4x_problems/Korg_Pa4X_record_midi_to_mp3_to_Korg_HD_test1.flv

LINK MIDI
http://www.korgpa.sk/pa4x_problems/IWONTLET.MID

LINK MP3 record
http://www.korgpa.sk/pa4x_problems/test1.MP3

therefore it argues that my problem is justified.
Vex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know is it a new "feature" but with this condition (or a bug) I can NOT play :

When changing between keyboard set ( especially between 4 keyboard set buttons below display ) now we have about a one second silence (probably below one second,but new keyboard set should appear immediately!) ... And when I need to change kbd sets quickly (song itself requires fast change of sounds ) "one second silence" problem is happening.

For live performance described new situation gives much trouble for playing. My performance is degraded.

Please consider to change this.

Second thing/problem/bug : HDD is stop spinning after a while. There is no option to set HDD sleep time ( "never sleep" should be the best option) (even Pa1x has that option ,but HDD on pa2x and pa3x 76 worked flawlessly). And because of that HDD sleep I got "Device generic error" when I try to load something from HDD after a while. I got "Device generic error" message and after that, System transfers me automatically to internal DISK,in meantime, HDD is awake and now I can do what ever I want with my data on HDD.

Greetings.
korgpask

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: clock in Pa4x Reply with quote

I have problems with pa4x hours. Set current date and time, and after two days is changed to 23.12.2012. because at that time KORG pa4x no existed. Does anyone know what may cause this problem? This problem has been anyone else?
korgpask

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: clock in Pa4x Reply with quote

I have problems with pa4x hours. Set current date and time, and after two days is changed to 23.12.2012. because at that time KORG pa4x no existed. Does anyone know what may cause this problem? This problem has been anyone else?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: clock in Pa4x Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:

Perhaps a bad or improperly seated CR2032 clock backup battery? Did you remove AC line power? The battery is located behind the small panel where the microSD card is.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Filipe Tomas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently in this release ( maybe a Alpha or Beta ) it's impossible to use transpose, because they return to 0 after changing a sound without STS.
korgpask

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battery is good - new.
Perhaps when the tool is no longer AC current.
we will observe
iOpus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Transpose and style, change problem for me Reply with quote

Sound is better and keyboard sensitivity also then Pa3x.
But. I'm looking for style change button, very good function. Way you missed this good option. Songbook is not the same thing. and
Some option from Global--Lock is missed. For example: When I play with styles before saved with some transpose and if I want to change some performance, transpose goes automatically to 0!? I can't find how to lock performance (sorry, I mean about new "Kbd set to library") to change transpose. here I think only to lock performance changes I don't think about master transpose.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer

Last edited by iOpus on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: