Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing fill to var option...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Missing fill to var option... Reply with quote

Hello,
I got my pa4x today. It is a great arranger but I saw some features missing.
One of it is "fill to var" which was present on my old pa2x and pa3x.
I'm waiting for next os, but for the moment I can't do any changes on my styles for not loosing fill to var settings.
Is there any chance to solve this problem in the next os version?
Thanks
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, wrote a private message to Paolo some time ago (below you will find message text)

Quote:
I wonder if you have any impact on the finished specification of the Korg pa4x product (I mean OS system)? I hope the answer sounds YES

If you compare pa4x and pa3x you probably have noticed that "Fill mode" known from korg pa3x was replaced by "smart fill" what in my opinion is back step.

Is it possible to make an influence on the Korg company to restore above mentioned feature as an alternative for "smart fill" (I suppose you can give them a suggestion in that matter).

It is very elastic feature particurally for people playing with styles. And when we put it together with velocity control - we can for example use velocity to change the style variation let's say from va1 to var4 and vice versa indirectely using fills:) I suppose you use this feature a lot.

Could you try to press Company Korg to restore "fill mode" feature with OS update? I recon that this change require software interference.
By the way, when can we expected Korg pa4x Musikant on the Market. Any dates?

And the answer

Quote:
Dear Piotr,

Thank you very much for your message. Yes, I can add my voice to the development of the OS, but I'm not the one that will take the final decisions. At the moment we are convinced the new, "smart fill" can replace the older method, making things easier.

In any case, I will forward your request to the other members of the staff, so that we can reconsider it before releasing any eventual OS updates.

Thank you again!

Best regards,
Paolo
cobay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
You described the issue much better and I hope that korg developers would listen to us. Waiting for the next os version ...
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Fill-Mode missing Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
Quote:
... At the moment we are convinced the new, "smart fill" can replace the older method, making things easier. ... Paolo

"Smart" in AutoFill is a parameter set and fixed for all songs in Globals / ModePreference - therefore be convinced "Smart fill" never is capable to replace the extensive functions of the older method "Fill Mode" with its parameters preseleceted for each style/sb-entry separately, to be used for each song individually.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Fill-Mode missing Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
pawlikp100 wrote:
Quote:
... At the moment we are convinced the new, "smart fill" can replace the older method, making things easier. ... Paolo

"Smart" in AutoFill is a parameter set and fixed for all songs in Globals / ModePreference - therefore be convinced "Smart fill" never is capable to replace the extensive functions of the older method "Fill Mode" with its parameters preseleceted for each style/sb-entry separately, to be used for each song individually.

That is why more experienced people should have an alternative for "Smart fill" in the form of "Fill Mode" known from Korg pa3x or any other model.

Korg, please bring us "fill mode" back as an alvernative.
Bescki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used autofill.... you lazy guys Smile
iOpus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:
I never used autofill.... you lazy guys Smile

If you play on two keyboards every function to be speedy is welcome. Smile
This missed function is good and i hope that korg will back it in next update. I also found and wrote here for another bugs.
I'm disappointed for now, as they were in a hurry with the new machine.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Fill-Mode / Fill-to-Var Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:
.. If you play on two keyboards every function to be speedy is welcome. This missed function is good and i hope that korg will back it in next update.

Also playing only one keyboard each function to be speedy is necessary.

It is not the question either autofill or fill-mode since they cover different needs. Also using parameters (current, target, smart) of AutoFillMode is usefully employed in many variations.

It really is disappointing functions expected at basic performance - like FILL-MODE - accustomed from previous to miss in successor model. That is very harmful for LivePerformance.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Vex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for bringing back fill to var option. Smart Auto Fill is nearly not smart as a manual settings Wink I wrote about it ,too in "log and genuine pa4x problems".
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just a question, to better understand your request: are you aware that you can press a Fill button, and immediately after it a Variation button, and you get the Fill, then the "booked" Variation? This should give you maximum flexibility in choosing a Fill/Variation combination, while still lifting your hand from the keyboard once.

Paolo
Vex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo,let me try to explain a situation in one of my custom styles:

Song progression is specific, for example: fill 2 is made to lead only to variation 3 and nowhere else ( I could put that fill on place 1-3-4 ,it is irrelevant, because,that fill MUST play only after var 1 to variation 3 (talking about specific style) ) and smart auto fill doesn't know that if I press variation 3 it will only play fill 2 Wink I must configure that manually,OR to remember that,and do that manually ...I could remember that one situation for one custom style,but I have dozens,hundreds for specific songs...simple we could not remember where we set which specific fill to led to which variation, it is impossible. And what if that smart auto fill starts to play wrong fill which is 2 or 4 bars long for example? And here is error in play on stage... I hope that you have understand now .

This is very useful function (on previous PA models) and make things easy on stage when playing, making time play something else,and not thinking about playing wrong fill or wrong variation after (in pa4x case).

Let smart auto fill stay,but please let get back and manual settings, display on Pa4x is large,there is space to fit in.
zoric

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good observation Vex,i remember your great posts from the Pa3x section that were very helpful....keep us updated with your latest observations about Pa4X,thanks again!
cobay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update is released. I installed, but no fill to var option... Just fixing bugs and added features that already existed on previous models.... Still no resolution fixed (but this really takes some time) Not very funny Korg developers.
Not on a flagship.

Let's hope version 1.1.1 or 1.2 sould make us happier
Hal2001

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been over 4 years since I had my hands on a Pa3x. At that time, one of the features I liked was that I could pick any order of variation or fill, any number of times and if I wanted to hit the fill more than once, or hit one fill and then a different fill in succession, that was OK too. Being able to hit any sequence of variation/fill and change it up on impulse, made for real "live" sounding performance. I could follow any variation with any fill on the fly. Can you still do this on the Pa4x or does the "Smart Fill" keep you from doing that? I'm not totally clear on what the Smart Fill is and whether it prevents the above mentioned flexibility. Will I still be able to follow any variation with any fill on the fly? That would be a basic need for me on the Pa4x.
Salto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal2001 wrote:
It's been over 4 years since I had my hands on a Pa3x. At that time, one of the features I liked was that I could pick any order of variation or fill, any number of times and if I wanted to hit the fill more than once, or hit one fill and then a different fill in succession, that was OK too. Being able to hit any sequence of variation/fill and change it up on impulse, made for real "live" sounding performance. I could follow any variation with any fill on the fly. Can you still do this on the Pa4x or does the "Smart Fill" keep you from doing that? I'm not totally clear on what the Smart Fill is and whether it prevents the above mentioned flexibility. Will I still be able to follow any variation with any fill on the fly? That would be a basic need for me on the Pa4x.

Hi Hal,

Since I never knew the other method this doesn't bother me one bit....Can't lose something I never had

To your question...........Yes.....Simply turn off "Smart Fill....Press the desired Fill followed by the Variation of your choice.

www.stevealtonian.com

Korg PA 4X 76-Korg Triton Extreme-Breedlove American C25-Fishman Artist Acoustic Guitar Amp-Tascam DP 24 Digital Multitrack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: