Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When is the Update/s Coming?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robkeith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: When is the Update/s Coming? Reply with quote

Hi, so far I am enjoying the PA4X, the sound and styles are great. But lets talk about the elephant in the room! Considering the release date, and the numbers that have been sold so far and the queues waiting to get their hands on one to try or buy.

Isn't it time that a minor or major update is posted to correct basic problems that would have been evident at the time of production, and other problems that have come to light since the release by users of the board.

Now I know that Korg will want to wait to release a major upgrade for the PA4X, but right now as far as an usable board at a live gig it's not ready to be used.

So whats wrong with releasing minor updates that should correct usability problems that would at least enable live performance to occur. ie, songbook functions voice settings locks and so on as reported here on the forum. Thank god I have a backup board, and I feel very sorry for the purchasers who don't. For a flagship to be released in it's current form, it's just not good enough. I know Paolo from Korg is a great guy who tries to accommodate everyone in a fair and reasonable way, but even he must think this is a bit odd. Once again it's akin to releasing a car without brakes!. Wouldn't happen in that industry, and it shouldn't happen in this one.

When How and Why did companies think this is acceptable practice. I don't want to knock this board because I am excited and believe with the improvements to come it's going to be a fantastic board, much loved by all. But the window is fast closing on Korg being able to capitalise on the success for a lack of bug fixes.

So please Korg lets make it happen soon, and or give us a time window as to when to expect the updates.

Thanks guys
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're lucky, my question is "when is the PA4X coming" !!!!

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robkeith raises some salient points, although at this time my Pax4 76 has not arrived I am hoping the delays are due to Korg ensuring that the next batch of instruments are shipped with a updated OS above 1.02 dated August 2015 !

The product is advertised that it is built from the ground up for Live Performance and as more than a few people have been commenting here and who are far more experienced with the Korg Line of PA Arrangers there are various issues with the Songbook, Transposition along with one or two other glitches, one would expect that at basic performance level the Pa4x would operate as expected, the wish list features are another matter.

Korg really need to get a handle on making sure a update is available which solves the immediate issues raised by their users and I hate the feeling that I have purchased a half baked potato. I cant wait to get the Pa4x but I do have some reservations based on the current snag list which seems to be increasing day by day.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
cobay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robkeith is right.
We could use some updates comming from Korg developers.

My PA4X 76 arrived 2 weeks ago but I don't feel so lucky.
Migration process is slow (for me) and I don't trust my PA4X for live performance.

I'm waiting for updates....
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think that Paolo should give us a firm idea as to when the os update will be available based on that many of the owners and prospective owners are using the Pa4x live in a professional setting. How can Korg expect such users to put up with the issues and at the same time expect them to pay a premium price for a product released which users say cannot be reliably used live with confidence ? Paolo ?????

I am awaiting delivery of my Pa4x but am already frustrated with the lack of response and action to get this right.

Over to Paolo
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really think that Paolo should give us a firm idea as to when the os update will be available based on that many of the owners and prospective owners are using the Pa4x live in a professional setting.

Paolo has already explained that the Korg management structure has changed.
Paolo is not obligated nor able in some cases to make such announcements.

Please be patient - the team hasn't let us down yet in many years - OS update will happen.

We are privileged to have Paolo respond to this Forum.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I 100% agree that having Paolo's presence here is invaluable and I understand that the structure of management and R&D at Korg is beyond Paolo's remit. but he can provide feedback from us a users and customers to them and that is the point of saying what I have. I like everyone else who has or is laying down the purchase price of the Pa4x have the expectation that all advertised features will work as they should. Many of us actually use these instruments in the course of business and if the product has issues or does not work then that product becomes a problem. Korg has been making these arrangers for significant time and have a wealth of design and experience at hand so when users find not one but a number of significant issues Korg should be Pro Active communicating with them.
robkeith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's past the three months now looking at 4 very shortly. The OS update must be imminent because the board whilst it has some great features is unusable in a live scenario.

Please Korg make it happen, right now I don't care about enhancements, i just want the bug fixes so i can continue to program the board which will enable live performance with it.

Who knows may even sell some more boards, crowds are always interested in what keyboard you are using!
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be the purpose of a rushed update, if it's going to introduce even more bugs! For those who use these keyboards for live gigs on regular basis, it's a bad idea to jump on the first generation keyboards as they always tend to have issues. This is always been the case...

robkeith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not asking for a rushed update!. But a fix to ordinary things that were obvious at manufacture, should have by now been posted. It's not as the board was only made yesterday, this is coming up to four months at least. And as far as live performance forget it! right now it's a dead duck at home. I'm excited about the sound and so on, but really, I have laid my $5k on the line and expect better than this.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robkeith wrote:
...But a fix to ordinary things .... .

That small fix is called an update!

Trust me I'm on your side, but like I said this is the case every time when there's a new Korg keyboard in the market. Sometimes there's even a need for a 2nd update to take care of the 1st update.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Trust me I'm on your side, but like I said this is the case every time when there's a new Korg keyboard in the market. Sometimes there's even a need for a 2nd update to take care of the 1st update.

Absolutely. Also we have no idea how involved the updates are in terms of fixing the problems. What might seem a small problem to an owner can be a huge nightmare to fix for Korg.
As I have said, Korg have never let us down with regard to fixing real problems and they may well be waiting for a set period before planning the update process.
When it comes to modifying operating systems there is no such thing as "ordinary things".

It's being addressed. We will know all in good time.

Pete Very Happy
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robkeith, regarding live performance, is it specifically the Songbook issues that are causing you not to be able to use the Pa4x for gigs ?

The comments about 1st generation keyboards and never jumping on them is slightly odd in my mind, the Pa4x is the latest in a long line of Korg Arrangers is it not ? that being the case the issues being discussed SHOULD never have been passed onto the customer in the first instance, its a poor excuse.

Imagine selling the CEO of Korg a heating system which had flaws with it, i.e it would not heat his water or heat his house at weekends, a fix was months away and the company who manufactured it had no idea when it might keep him and his family warm ?

I think we can guess the answer here !
Vex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:

Imagine selling the CEO of Korg a heating system which had flaws with it, i.e it would not heat his water or heat his house at weekends, a fix was months away and the company who manufactured it had no idea when it might keep him and his family warm ?

I think we can guess the answer here !

Good comparison ,you got point here Wink

But, 1st question here is ,why are they since Songbook implementation ( pa1x) did not keep all factory styles in keyboard (only revised with new kb model)? Like they did with sounds (Factory-Legacy-GM) An now we'll at least had all factory styles and we will never have Songbook problems with factory styles + there are some excellent styles (that I don't know reason ) that Korg rejecting for every new generation of arranger. These styles use very small amount of memory,especially now in 2015, why they are not all in there ???

God please, recruit me to work @ Korg Very Happy
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pa4x is the latest in a long line of Korg Arrangers is it not ? that being the case the issues being discussed SHOULD never have been passed onto the customer in the first instance, its a poor excuse.

Korg PAs are an ongoing developing line of hardware, software and firmware - each model has new features, configurations etc.
Firstly, I challenge you to sit down and write a comprehensive testing plan for the instrument (any keyboard in fact).
Bet you can't.

Secondly, when a few bugs rear their ugly heads, then an OS modification plan is required and then a new testing plan - yes all over again.
It would be reasonable to expect Korg to bundle as much re-programming together in one hit rather than lots of little fixes.
In reality, the smallest of fixes could introduce a whole new, complete and comprehensive testing plan again.

If we are seriously saying that the PA4X shouldn't have been released, then the analogy applies to every keyboard manufacturer, everything from Microsoft, and etc..etc..

The public will always be beta testers by default with products that have infinite permutations of usage (i.e. almost impossible to completely test)

The great thing is, Korg respond and always have.

Just saying....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: