Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When is the Update/s Coming?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo,

Many I would guess are enthusiastic that a new OS is in its way, however do we as yet know what fixes this release addresses
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
robkeith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo@Korg wrote:
Hi,

I can confirm the new OS is ready. It will be released as soon as our web site is updated. I guess it is a matter of a few days. We'll announce it here.

Paolo

That's great news Paolo! Can't wait to hit the road with it!
Thanks for being considerate, much appreciated!
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo@Korg wrote:
Hi,

I can confirm the new OS is ready. It will be released as soon as our web site is updated. I guess it is a matter of a few days. We'll announce it here.

Paolo

Makes me wonder how toroughfull it has been tested... Sure it will improve many things, but also introduce new problems..

I think its the major problem for these producers, that they dont have an extended array of betatesters, which means the ealy addapters have to hunt the bugs.

But i cant blame Korg for that, as i dont see any other solutions considering the price of the hardware.. But inhouse testing just doesnt cut it these days with the software getting more complicated every day.

Seems like early addapting for pro players that rely on their instruments on stage deffinately belongs to the past..
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea. Why not sell a dozen or two pre-release versions at a discount in return for the buyers testing them?
They wouldn't be losing money, since they would still get cost or above for the keyboard, and they wouldn't have to pay beta testers.
robkeith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Paolo@Korg wrote:
Hi,

Paolo

Makes me wonder how toroughfull it has been tested... Sure it will improve many things, but also introduce new problems..

I think its the major problem for these producers, that they dont have an extended array of betatesters, which means the ealy addapters have to hunt the bugs.

But i cant blame Korg for that, as i dont see any other solutions considering the price of the hardware.. But inhouse testing just doesnt cut it these days with the software getting more complicated every day.

Seems like early addapting for pro players that rely on their instruments on stage deffinately belongs to the past..

Great sugestion! I sugested maybe offering accessory add on such as PAaS speakers.

Also according to a dealer in one of the threads here, Korg have fixed corrected all faults.

I'm being patient and very excited not only about the PA4X, but of course the update to correct the ills. Paolo said a few days to get it up on site, well it's been a couple of days now, so it must be either today or tomorrow!? If it's not what on earth would be stopping Korg from getting this update onto the web?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robkeith wrote:
If it's not what on earth would be stopping Korg from getting this update onto the web?

Does it really matter? At least you know you'll get the update VERY SOON. Hopefully it's a solid fix...that's what you need to worry about!

robkeith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
robkeith wrote:
If it's not what on earth would be stopping Korg from getting this update onto the web?

Does it really matter? At least you know you'll get the update VERY SOON. Hopefully it's a solid fix...that's what you need to worry about!

I refuse to worry about whether it's a solid fix, as i could not for the life of me understand that 6 months after a release that they wouldn't have it right! A lot riding on this update!. Korg are well aware of that.
Vex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo@Korg wrote:

It will be released as soon as our web site is updated.

Korg site is in redesign mode or this update is 10 terabytes Laughing Laughing Laughing
robkeith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
Paolo@Korg wrote:

It will be released as soon as our web site is updated.

Korg site is in redesign mode or this update is 10 terabytes Laughing Laughing Laughing

Come on guys at Korg?, if the update is finished, as stated "Paolo Korg" & other informed threads here.

What the dickens is taking so loooooong to upload it to the web?😵💤 Evil or Very Mad
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vex and robkeith , see, you guys rushed them and now they released v1.1 of nothing,... all they are telling us/you now is "merry christmas and happy new year aaaaand see 'ya in april of 2016" Smile Rolling Eyes
robkeith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newkorgguy wrote:
vex and robkeith , see, you guys rushed them and now they released v1.1 of nothing,... all they are telling us/you now is "merry christmas and happy new year aaaaand see 'ya in april of 2016" Smile Rolling Eyes

Oh for heavens sake, chill out! We did not rush them, the date for the OS is November 2015. So maybe you were hoping for enhancements of the miraculous type?. Me i am happy it appears they have addressed the glaring faults. Everything else i can wait for.

This board is fantastic, it's sound is as close too and better than Ketron's boards for live work.

Dont worry if there is anything amiss we will always hold manufacturers to account.

Have a happy Xmas to all and thankyou so far Paolo and Korg!.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob

So I gather you're happy with the update so far?
What else still needs to be fixed in your opinion?

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know if this update fixed the issues that D575 was having with latency with his Pa4x ? We saw the fault detailed and that Korg UK were on the case and that D575 was awaiting the update which his dealer said would correct that issue.

Anyone ?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning ...I'm flat out getting ready for the London boat show so managed to grab a few moments to upload the update and had a quick check and my problem seams to be sorted out I'm glad to say, I will sit down and have a popper check tomorrow or Monday but much happier from my initial quick look ...and so will my good friend with his Les Paul who was scratching his head with me, now we can continue with some projects that are underway.....

Last edited by D575 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:00 pm; edited 6 times in total
iOpus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a NEW update 1.1.0.
Еverything written here on the forum for mistakes and useful things lacking from previous synths, none of this has been done.
Ignoring people will back with no satisfactory sold Pa4x.
I' really disappointed from Korg development team.
I'm not a happy Bayer of Pa4x, I'm poor tester with wasted time in korgforums with full price paid for his synth.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer

Last edited by iOpus on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: