Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arrival

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Arrival Reply with quote

Found out my Pa4x 76 Key is now on route to me, so getting somewhat excited to take delivery and start working my way through it. Looks like UK stock is now becoming available for anyone interested
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Nippynige

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed. My 76 note PA4X is due to arrive on Friday this week. The Tyros 4 is all packed up and ready to be swapped out. Let's hope I can get to grips with this new beast!
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa4x 76 arrived ! let the fun begin
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 76 Key come's tomorrow 😊, so I will be paying close attention to this forum and wait for the 1st software update from korg !.....
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Pa4x arrived with me today and most of the day I have been just playing it, pushing buttons, auditioning sounds and styles.loading midi files and mp3's and my overall first impressions are that there is a lot of depth to this instrument and my view that this is a live performance product built for that task. I was hoping that the delay in shipments might have signalled this batch being shipped with a OS update, but alias that is not the case, this shipment is being sold with OS 1.02 dated 27th August 2015.

On the positive side the build quality is great the 76 key looks as good as any professional board I have ever seen, the negative remarks regarding the screen are in my view spurious, the screen is clear, bright and always informative and in a workmanlike way allows adjustments to be made at all levels.

Sound Quality ? WOW

The coming weeks and over the festive period should allow much more time to get to grips with the many pathways the Pa4x offers and I estimate it will be a at least three months before my Pa4x sees any live action by which time I hope to be in control of it.

For anyone sitting on the fence regards the Pa4x to my ears and imho it is the live players choice for an arranger and I am glad I gave the T5 its marching orders. As regards the two keyboard versions the 76 wins over the 61 note which seems almost toylike to to its shortspan but then again I am used to 88 note boards and the 76 will be just fine.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mintjamman did you have the pa3x beforehand ? If so how do they compare....
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, No never owned any arranger before the Pa4x is my first, having said that I have owned loads of boards over the years and the Pa4x is a additional keyboard to my band rig. I have played the Pa3x, T5 and the Roland G70 and BK5. Because I have nothing to migrate from a previous Pa series arranger I am starting of with a clean slate, I hold the view that the Pa4x sound is far more dynamic than the Pa3x, when compared to the T5 the Pa4x has a real live sound by which I mean it sounds real in a band/duo/solo setting especially through the right gear.
Nikand29

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,can you please tell me when did you ordered your pa4x? I've ordered one 3 month ago with RedDogMusic in London and I haven't received it.Both dealer and Korg UK,can't give me a straight answer on the actual date of delivery to me,very disappointed with this!
Nikand29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, keyboard received on the 23th of December,Merry Christmas!!!
mabcomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Latest PA4X OS Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
My Pa4x arrived with me today and most of the day I have been just playing it, pushing buttons, auditioning sounds and styles.loading midi files and mp3's and my overall first impressions are that there is a lot of depth to this instrument and my view that this is a live performance product built for that task. I was hoping that the delay in shipments might have signalled this batch being shipped with a OS update, but alias that is not the case, this shipment is being sold with OS 1.02 dated 27th August 2015.

On the positive side the build quality is great the 76 key looks as good as any professional board I have ever seen, the negative remarks regarding the screen are in my view spurious, the screen is clear, bright and always informative and in a workmanlike way allows adjustments to be made at all levels.

Sound Quality ? WOW

The coming weeks and over the festive period should allow much more time to get to grips with the many pathways the Pa4x offers and I estimate it will be a at least three months before my Pa4x sees any live action by which time I hope to be in control of it.

For anyone sitting on the fence regards the Pa4x to my ears and imho it is the live players choice for an arranger and I am glad I gave the T5 its marching orders. As regards the two keyboard versions the 76 wins over the 61 note which seems almost toylike to to its shortspan but then again I am used to 88 note boards and the 76 will be just fine.

There is a new OS available for download (V 1.11) Keep well in mind folks that if you buy a Tyros 5 76 note its enormous and will NOT fit across
the back seat of a car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: