Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does the MP-76 microphone work on the Pa-4x?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Does the MP-76 microphone work on the Pa-4x? Reply with quote

TC-Helicon makes the MP-76 microphone with 4 added buttons that work to change the vocal effects on TC-Helicon's dedicated hardware. I was wondering if these added buttons function on the Pa-4x.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/products/mp-76/
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject: No one? Reply with quote

Was my post unclear? No replies yet? TC-Helicon affords control of their voice modules through the use of unique buttons on their own brand microphones. Their list of compatible devices does not list any Korg Keyboards. Quite possibly their licensing does not include this "Remote Control" feature of the microphone, and I do not know how the remote control is achieved -- be it through the sound from the Mic in some way or through a second connector I have not seen. Doesn't anyone out there use the voice processing features of the Pa-4x? Are all Pa-series users controlling voice processing from the keyboard controls exclusively? Please respond.
robkeith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the particular mic, but i would believe that it will not work the same way as the units that have this are specifically the separate models of Voice Live 2, 3 and so on
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: I just got confirmation from TC-Helicon ... Reply with quote

TC-Helicon has just replied to a separate query I've made regarding this issue -- and it appears that their mics will NOT work with the Pa-4x.

UPDATE: When I stated (Above) that the -76 mic would not work, I meant the buttons do not work on the Pa-4x. I'm sure the microphone will work fine.

Last edited by tkarlmann on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very odd. I'm not sure if the mic being used here is the one you're talking about, but it is a TC Helicon mic with a Pa3X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQ3K3hzO8E

If it is the same mic, then I wonder what has changed in the Pa4X to render this mic unusable.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is the MP-76 will work fine just as a microphone but the Korg is not designed to read messages sent down the mic line to control harmonies etc.
Just because Korg has some TC-Helicon effects built in doesn't mean it will work with the microphone buttons. The manufacturer does list the compatible TC-Helicon devices.
It kind of defeats the purpose anyway as most keyboard players will have their hands too busy to reach for a button on the microphone however I suppose it could suit a singer not playing the keyboard if it worked.
I use the assignable pedal input for turning harmonies on and off and just about any type of pedal will work here and with a long enough cord could be placed near the singer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: