Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Wanted Leads - New Sound Library by Dan Stesco
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andreidelait

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Most Wanted Leads - New Sound Library by Dan Stesco Reply with quote

Have you seen this video?
I think I have to start playing leads after this.
The guy is amazing. I just can't belive what he is doing with these keyboards.
I'm a big fan of him and I'm just speechless every time he creates a new library.
I will buy this one for sure, as this time it's for Kroos. The other keyboards I don't have.
There are a lot of very very well wknow lead sounds in there from some of my favorites keyboard players.
They are such an inspiration for me to start studying these songs.

jones

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan is the cats meow but a lot of this is just like shredding, too much scribble without shape or form. Although in a couple of places they hit it good to my ear. I'll listen again....

starting around 4:10 , yeh I like that.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the demos are shredding ... That's exactly what the demo is. But the sounds are amazing and I purchased it from his site ... But have not received any download info yet.

Hopefully it will get sorted out soon.
jones

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think you could do little wing with it?
That would interest me, the sounds and tone are there but getting the expression technique right?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get the Download ... Will post some feedback. Dan always had good expression on other stuff he did but takes some work.

Noticed that one page said avail soon ... Hmmm ... Could be a while ... Don't know why it's being sold if not yet avail. Should have read the fine print.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
If I get the Download ... Will post some feedback. Dan always had good expression on other stuff he did but takes some work.

Noticed that one page said avail soon ... Hmmm ... Could be a while ... Don't know why it's being sold if not yet avail. Should have read the fine print.

Hi Bald Eagle!

Thank you for purchase. Unfortunately the download link was blocked by microsoft mail. I report this issue but no answer yet from two years. All microsoft mail customer have this problem and I decide to send the packs manually on the mail attachment.
Regarding the message "Available Soon" will be deleted today Smile Sorry for confusion.

Best regards,
Dan
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I am not a shredder (I can't play that fast! Smile ) the sounds impressed me enough to take a punt that I will find them useful in my own context. Smile So have just purchased them.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Wanted Leads - Update

As Dan said in his previous post the PCG file was blocked and was not initially received. But by next morning he had sent me a PCG zip file that worked fine. Dan is always very responsive and has good support.

What you get ...

I did not see a program list on the website so it was a mystery until I opened the PCG. There are 25 EXI programs and 25 HD1 programs. No Combis, Samples or things that need remapping so load them into any free bank and you are good to go.

I've only quickly browsed through them but so far I can say they are awesome. If you are looking for great synth leads, you will find them here. I personally love lead sounds like this and could spend hours on each one. Would be nice if there was a bit of documentation on how the controllers affect the sound but hey, part of the fun is experimenting.

Issues ...

The drum tracks are not set up properly for drum programs, at least not for the Kronos 2. Not a big deal since you can easily change them.

Karma ...

Karma is not set up and I didn't really expect it. I don't want Karma playing my leads.

Bottom Line ...

Dan has always done a fine job of programming and if you are looking for some great lead programs this is well worth the cost. Use them as is or tweak them as desired.

The product does exactly what it says ... Leads ... Great programming job Dan.

Thank you.
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only agree with Bald Eagles report.

I purchased those leads, too. I got 50 well programmed lead sounds.

Awsome fun to play on these Wink
Max
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good (guitar-like) lead sounds, and the left-hand techniques in the video, particularly Dan's, are fabulous - but I have to agree with jones, above - there's an awful lot of what somebody once described as Jordan Rudess-style "stupid orgiastic noodling" here...

df
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfahrner wrote:
Very good (guitar-like) lead sounds, and the left-hand techniques in the video, particularly Dan's, are fabulous - but I have to agree with jones, above - there's an awful lot of what somebody once described as Jordan Rudess-style "stupid orgiastic noodling" here...

df

I actually like players who can play that fast and with precision, and I am in awe of players that can, as its way beyond my humble abilities. But I also think there is a time and a place for such playing. A good player will now when to do that and equally when a few notes will do. Smile

From a guitar perspective, Steve Hackett is a master. He can do tasteful melodies (has to be "Firth of Fifth" from "Selling England by the Pound" or "Spectral Mornings" from the album of the same name), guitar solos that are effectively just a few sustained notes (check out "Twice Around the Sun" from "Dark Town) and then tap away with the best of them (check out "Slogans" from "Defector").

Keyboard wise, Wakeman and Banks are my heroes, They know when a few notes will suffice and when it's time to widdle! Smile

I have just purchased this sound set, and will check it out as soon as time permits Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
Miguel Pinheiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody please write the names of the Programs purchased in the package? Thanks in advance
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got to check the leads out quickly last night. Very impressed! Well done, Dan. Smile

My Echoes Music Website
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great sounds Dan!

congratulations with your new sound set, i really like the demo, it shows a lot of the tricks and flavors of your sounds.
NormC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Those sound great! Good Job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: