Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help !
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Help ! Reply with quote

After having the pa3x for 4 years I'm struggling to make a complete preset on the pa4x like I would in the performance bank mode on the pa3x, which would allow me to save every think i would create with ease with styles & sounds and all my settings and changes in the keyboard in one performance bank setting tab on the screen, which I could repeat as many times as I liked, for instance I could use 8 performance bank blank tabs all programmed by my self and all by each other on the screen for easy switching between them for one song or performance and then with what ever changes I required in each performance bank tab on the screen and with ease, so how do I do this on the pa4x ? As this is not clear to me ??

Last edited by D575 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:24 am; edited 3 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok iv found away to try to replicate the above by making a custom songs several times in the song book each with style , sound etc variations then writing it over to the tiled set list page but this is very long winded compared to the pa3x performance bank mode ?am I missing something here?...BUT then something very alarming happens when I change while playing from one (tile) tab to another in set list mode , there is a way to long delay "latency" in the new tab sound as I change ?? Total frustration here can any one help with what I'm trying to do as this was so easy beforehand on the pa3x , I can't believe any of this is right I must be missing something ..S.O.S before I send it back for a refund .

Last edited by D575 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm beat tonight I just don't get it ...strange after 25 years from all the major players making arrange keyboards or organs we all ways had Memory presets of some description which fulfilled all are needs and on the pa3x this was called performance banks, which did the same thing as a preset memory retaining every possible setting and changes you could need which you could use with seamless effect unlike trying to replicate this in the song book here on the pa4x, it has a major delaying "latency"of the sound kicking in, (so don't play fast while changing a preset that covers style & sound setting etc on the pa4x) where has this ethos that has all ways worked gone ! Or am I wrong? I hope so, as I can not work or perform with the pa4x!! hopefully someone will reply here and show me my error, i can only hope to wake tomorrow to some answers here .....

Last edited by D575 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Sunday morning I see plenty of people reading my post but no help as yet , hopefully someone can help me ?? sat here trying to make sense of my problems here , so iv wiped the song book as I never used it on pa3x and now on pa4x I have a blank sheet to work with...so iv made x3 test song entry's all with sight variations to the same style & sounds as I progress through each song entry (like the old pa3x performance bank preset) and still a delay " latency" in the sound change (not smooth and seamless as before pa3x) when the new entry songbook sound is kicking in as I progress through my performance using the 3 test entry's iv made in the songbook, why am I doing this ? Well so far the 4 keyboard set button under the screen don't retain any variations to the styles I Would like + tried to do the same with the user/direct button on the end of the sound list panel still no changes to the styles I need, so just where can I have all the flexibility that we have had before in the form of a preset memory like on the pa3x (performance bank settings) and on previous keyboards iv owned over the years form technics kn2000 through to kn7000 and yamaha keyboards .....could this be the the sudden end of my pa4x for me? I hope not or Do I go back to a pa3x ? That would be hard now considering the up lifted sound quality of the pa4x I'm getting sat here in my studio ...big headache here , would some kind and experienced member on this forum please help me ......help

Last edited by D575 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I do not perform live I fully agree that the omission of the traditional PERFORMANCE Banks in all Korg models is a gigantic step backwards.I have had the PA4X for nigh on five days now and apart from many of the bugs mentioned mine was malfuntioning all over so I am returning it to the shop. Caveat Emptor I believe is the expression even in English. Though the sounds are great the new structure of the operating system does not appeal to me and of course there are too many bugs for the moment. That having said I have been informed from reliable sources that a major update should be there before Christmas. So all those with a PA4X sitting in front of them, " Hope deferred, maketh the heart sick "
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

regards
John Smies
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this certainly is (performance banks missing) when I questioned this at the demo I was told all is well this has been configured to the songbook , BUT alas this is so unusable!! I'm so unhappy here all this money time (updated my previous keyboards and gear to compliment the new pa4x 10x sound quality) for korg to take this huge step backwards, in the UK we only have a small window in the consumer law to return a product so I'll have to phone korg to see if this is going to be rectified in the update that's come otherwise it has to go back soon ....... NOT HAPPY KORG 😭...p.s. how and why has this happened is the BIG question here ?

Last edited by D575 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:50 am; edited 3 times in total
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting but I am myself trying to get to grips with your problem.
My understanding is that making performance presets is covered in the supplied video demos on the DVD and working through the tile window where you can recall the combination of a style, sounds and effects allows you to make up a custom set list to recall. Although I havd not tried this yet are you saying that when using the set list feature there is a delay which prevents quick and smooth transition from one such performance to the next ??
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's correct "latency" it is so unusable I'm at a loss here I can tell you , as the other member has just pointed out this is a HUGE step backwards for the pa4x from korg ...iv been mislead I feel, so disappointing " happy Christmas to me"😭...."alarm bells are ringing" ....

Last edited by D575 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Investigate this
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm walking around stunned at this major over site from korg in a pro keyboard we have all been used to .......now what korg you have lost me ...this has left a big problem here for me now !
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spent the last 20 mins loading set list entries up which consist of Various styles, different sounds and pads, just recorded and quick song using styles then went back into that song and edited the sounds, created some three layer patches of various sounds.

I cannot detect any latency in operation ? are these types of function the ones where your latency issues arise ??

Out of interest is it the 76 or 61 note pa4x you have ?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 76 key, there is a defiant delay or latency for me ? What's your thinking with the two versions of the pa4x ?
400nvd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to understand the problem.
I was happy to see in my new PA4x the keyboard settings are Factory - User and Direct. Meaning, many more slots are available to store the user settings without the need to over write the factory performances.
The difference from performances in the PA3x is that there is no more Style connection in the keyboard setttings in the PA4x. So to go from one song/style to another and have appropriate settings linked one need to use the song book. BTW, midi and MP3 were also not linked to Performances in PA3x.
Changing from one style to another is happening on measure 1 (i think).
I'm using the songbook controlled by an ipad and did'nt have any transition problems so far. But i'm not using the styles that way as i'm only doing keys in a band. When we go from one song to another as in a medley, i can hold the binding note and the next one is in the new keyb setting.

I just tried the songbook set list option with the factory styles and settings. I don't have the problem as you explained.
So, maybe i missed the whole issue .... or what?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I try to explain again....iv set up 3 custom songbook registration , test 1 , test 2 & test 3, all 3 songbook registration in this instance have the same style with different setting, these I then write over to the set list (at this point the problem of latency is apparent weather iv saved the custom songbook registration in set list or not, I do so in set list for convenience ) iv made in the style, ie. test 1 has some parts muted in style variation 1 and the sound upper 1 to 3 engaged + lower, then test 2 has some muted parts engaged and the upper parts have different sounds from the test 1 preset and I move up to variation 2 with in the style, then when I'm in full flow playing in test 1 and then change to test 2 registration or preset (what every you like to call it) in songbook or set list , that is when the problem of latency or delay occurs going from test 1 to test 2 or test 3 or back then to test 1 registration and so on and so forth, the delay or latency completely throws my timing out and what a mess it sounds, then if I program transpose in each of the custom registration progressively in to each test presets it then become to bad to play , I have never encountered this problem before on previous keyboard , only on audio interface but not in this setting (note pa3x) it is totally unusable to say the least ...I phone my dealer & korg tomorrow ....
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd, I would give Korg a call after 2pm tomorrow as tech Support on;y available after that time and ask to speak to Luke (his is the pa4x expert there) and run this by him. I cant seem to replicate that issue, my thinking behind the two versions is that 61 has no hardrive and you didnt say if you were loading factory styles or other styles possibly off a USB stick ?

I am sorry to hear your having this trouble but I have had so much fun with my pa4x today I dont want to come away from it ! stick with it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: