Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Transpose ... I'm pretty sure that's the way it works in the PA600, PA900 & PA3xLE so maybe a change from the PA3X ... I actually prefer not having the keyboard transpose until I give it the new chord. Would sound weird hearing the keyboard step up or down the scale as you were punching in the transpose. ????

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With respect thoraldus I think your missing the point here, it's the response time when changing from one custom preset iv made in setlist to another custom preset with the hole keyboard when playing in style play mode, the latency I'm describing is across the hole platform from sound to style being played in real time or sound only with the Style stopped, this is what is taking place under my fingers playing the keys from the moment I press a custom preset to that very moment it should respond under my fingers, + transpose problem which is saved in these presets that is also complicating matter , there is a delay and dare I say it, this could be a hardware problem with latency and possible software problem with the transpose but we need to wait and see, korg is investigating, we will soon find out .
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
With respect thoraldus I think your missing the point here, it's the response time when changing from one custom preset iv made in setlist to another custom preset with the hole keyboard when playing in style play mode, the latency I'm describing is across the hole platform from sound to style being played in real time or sound only with the Style stopped, this is what is taking place under my fingers playing the keys from the moment I press a custom preset to that very moment it should respond under my fingers, + transpose problem which is saved in these presets that is also complicating matter , there is a delay and dare I say it, this could be a hardware problem with latency and possible software problem with the transpose but we need to wait and see, korg is investigating, we will soon find out .

OK ... Didn't notice the 'style stopped' part. Question. If you are in SOUND mode, is there latency there when switching sounds? If so you really have an issue. Good luck!

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is something I need to look at when I make some video's tonight at the request of Korg Uk Tec team for them to take a look at tomorrow......
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear here all that iv tried to describe here has been happening with my own simple custom made presets in songbook which we can now transferred (write) over to the setlist which seems to be the new way to replicate the old performance banks we had on the pa3x but which are now no longer on pa4x, the problem occurs when jumping from preset to preset which is where I have encountered the problem describe in this post and using these presets in this manner with complete control over almost all aspects of the keyboards parameters and setting that would be saved in them is the most important factor to the way I work in the past in previous keyboards and specially the out going pa3x and hopefully I will continue with the pa4x, BUT I'm some what disappointed & hesitant at the moment at what's has been presented to me at this point and time will only tel now I have korg on the case....

Last edited by D575 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Just to be clear here all that iv tried to describe here has been happening with my own simple custom made presets in songbook which we can now transferred (write) over to the setlist which seems to be the new way to replicate the old performance banks we had on the pa3x but which are now no longer on pa4x, the problem occurs when jumping from preset to preset which is where I have encountered the problem describe in this post and using these presets in this manner with complete control over almost all aspects of the keyboards parameters and setting that would be saved in them is the most important factor to the way I work in the past in previous keyboards and specially the out going pa3x and hopefully I will continue with the pa4x, BUT I'm some what disappointed & hesitant at the moment at what's is has presented to me at this point and time will only tel now that I have korg on the case....

I'm beginning to wonder if the new presets on the PA4X are designed to do the exact same thing the Performances did on the earlier machines. Will watch this topic with interest. I almost had a PA4X in hand but decided instead to get the Kronos 2 first. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if this does not get resolved and I'm unable to switch around my custom presets with the same smooth & fast response time I'm used to on the pa3x (performance banks) then it will be very sad day for me ...end game scenario!!! I need the flexibility of the old performance banks (pa3x) with its slick change over working round custom presets as I'm playing, how ever it has been reconfigured in this different operating system format on the pa4x !

Last edited by D575 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Korg have not been able to replicate your problem ? Have they tried ?

Might be useful to see if you can post your test vids here or over on youtube so we can see this in action.

As I said yesterday I tried this with my instrument and could not reproduce it, has anyone else attempted it to see if this is confined to our friends Pa4x or if it is much more common place ?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tomorrow will be day 6 with the new pa4x sat in center stage in my studio and still can not play or use it .......the clock is ticking......missing my pa3x !!!!! Perhaps I will sell a kidney and get a wersi sonic instead !
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since getting my Pa4x last friday I am having so much enjoyment with it, the more I play the more I am getting back from it, Its a great inspiring piece of kit and apart from hitting a polyphony limit using a factory setting and lot of use with the damper pedal the instrument is working great, its quick and simple to sequence tracks and once you get to grips with the operating steps its mostly intuitive.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm glad your having so much fun there ...but my self and others are clearly not..... enjoy.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see what Korg make of this latency issue and we have to keep in mind that thus far your the first to encounter this problem which of course for you is a severe issue please let us know what conclusion Korg come to.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You assume I am the first one to high light this problem ? Or are you telling me I'm the only one with this problem ? You can't make that assumption based on this forum my friend...and I will be reporting back here considering many fantastic years with korg flag ship arranger keyboards , BUT others are having problems in various way with this keyboard around the world who have been reporting on this forum, this then also does not mean every one with a problem has come forward on this forum either , please remember by you own admission your new to the korg PA keyboard Arena and many of us user's have had many year with them and have come to know what to expect at this price point as loyal user and customers of korg and with all this in mind of some basic principles of the workings of arranger keyboard ....
robkeith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not having the latency probs you are having, and i feel for you. I think maybe there is something else wrong here. Have you tried to use the default reload through Menu's.

However my keyboard although i love the sound is a dead duck because of the problem of not being able to program any songs so that it is stable and can be used in a live situation, so i hope soon that Korg will make a major update available to fix these problems.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I wait for korg to get back to me and after some careful thought I have lost faith in this particular pa4x unit here with me and I'm talking to my dealer about a replacement but unfortunately we will be well into January next year before a replacement is available so a return & refund is under way which is the best option for me , then once the replacement becomes available I will test my replacement pa4x in the shop before I part with any more money this way I can be shore that everything is in order in the way we have come to expect from korgs top line keyboards, I won't be posting any videos iv made of the problem I have encountered as requested here on this forum as this would not be fair to korg who as still looking into the problem so for now the music has stopped and I will now proceed with caution as I continue to feel a certain amount of disappointment here....to-be continued
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: