Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open editor for electribe sampler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digital Beat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.
I suppose *.all file does not work with Korg Electribe SX but for latest model but I can extract samples as WAV. Many thanks
Crabman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brakio,

I`m still unable to find the log file.Could it be a user error?I never used terminal before.I just copy the file name into it an press enter,right?

The good thing is the sample preview/playback doesn`t (seem to) make it crash anymore.
Brakio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:

The good thing is the sample preview/playback doesn`t (seem to) make it crash anymore.

This is probably because a bug was fixed in the last version of pyaudio.

Crabman wrote:

I`m still unable to find the log file.Could it be a user error?I never used terminal before.I just copy the file name into it an press enter,right?

You are probably doing right... (In your previous post, the output you got seemed to be correct: the file does not exist...)

I published a new build:
https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/releases/download/v0.1.2/Oe2sSLE-0.1.2-osx-x64-term-debug

could you download it, then open a terminal and run it:
Code:

./Downloads/Oe2sSLE-0.1.2-osx-x64-term-debug

any error should be output to the terminal.
if there are to many, try
Code:

./Downloads/Oe2sSLE-0.1.2-osx-x64-term-debug > Oe2sSLE.debug.txt 2>&1

it will create, in your home folder, a 'Oe2sSLE.debug.txt' file containing all the errors. You could then sent attach it to a new issue on GitHub for instance (or upload it somewhere and give me a link to it)

Another thing that you can try is to upgrade tcl/tk (I thought that the library where bundled in the app, but who know...):
https://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/

Thank you for your help Smile
Crabman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brakio,i downloaded the file (to my desktop),opened terminal and copy/pasted the code but it says"no such file or directory".I assume i did something wrong?

Brakio wrote:

Thank you for your help Smile

I`m glad if i can help.That`s the least we could/should do if you share your work for free Wink
Brakio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:
Hi Brakio,i downloaded the file (to my desktop),opened terminal and copy/pasted the code but it says"no such file or directory".I assume i did something wrong?

I supposed you downloaded it to your Downloads folder. If it is onto your desktop, replace 'Downloads' by 'Desktop':
Code:
./Desktop/Oe2sSLE-0.1.2-osx-x64-term-debug
Crabman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok,pretty dumb from my side...i should have looked a little more careful at the code Smile

Now it says"permission denied"

Another question:

Is it possible to replace samples that are somewhere "in the middle" instead of just deleting them?Right now,the free number(after deleting a sample) just disappears and when i try to move the sample (i want to replace) to another position it just shifts all following sample forward or even seem to delete them when i move the sample backwards in the list.
Brakio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:

Now it says"permission denied"

Hum...
try this:
Code:

chmod 755 ./Desktop/Oe2sSLE-0.1.2-osx-x64-term-debug
./Desktop/Oe2sSLE-0.1.2-osx-x64-term-debug

The first line should allow you to run the program (it gives execution rights to the file)
Brakio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:
Another question:

Is it possible to replace samples that are somewhere "in the middle" instead of just deleting them?

Not really... I know it is not really user friendly...

Quote:
Right now,the free number(after deleting a sample) just disappears

That is normal.

Quote:
and when i try to move the sample (i want to replace) to another position it just shifts all following sample forward

that is how I have chosen to design the interface. It was difficult for me (beginner) with tkinter, that is limited in widgets, to make something more elegant... I'll try later to use something like http://tkintertreectrl.sourceforge.net/ and to allow drag and drop with something like https://github.com/petasis/tkdnd but for now it is already enough difficult to make it works on Windows/Linux/Mac just using the base library.

It is intentional that when you use the '<', '<<', '<<<', '>>>', '>>' and '>' buttons, it just shifts the samples to not use new sample numbers.

If you want to change the sample number, edit it directly in sample number box. This change will always preserve the order of your samples (making previous sample numbers decrease, or following increase, if necessary). I recommend you to use the 'up' and 'down' buttons of the sample number box instead of directly typing the sample number, because each time you will hit a key to edit the value it will update all the list if necessary. This is not so convenient, I agree. I should do something to update the list only when you finish typing the number, but it is not my top priority.

Quote:
or even seem to delete them when i move the sample backwards in the list.

Really? do you mean there is a bug? I will have a more closer look. In first quick tests I cannot reproduce this strange delete on move forward.

Edit:
in resume, to do what you want:
1) delete the sample (e.g. number N)
2) import the sample you want to replace it (e.g. with number K+1)
3) move the sample you want to the sample number following the one you deleted (e.g. N+1, then all your following samples will have there value increased by one)
4) change the sample number of the last sample (that is now K+1) to K.

This works properly if you do not have numbering holes else it will be a pain you will need to change the sample numbers over each hole...

I'll think to how to do this in a simple way (for the user and for the development)
Crabman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brakio,i could open it via terminal now and made it crash with a simple swipe.Terminal says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Oe2sSLE_GUI.py", line 2183, in <module>
File "tkinter/__init__.py", line 1131, in mainloop
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xa3 in position 0: invalid start byte
Failed to execute script Oe2sSLE_GUI
localhost:~ frankmustermann$

I`ll reply later to the sample management stuff.i`m pretty sure it behaves a bit different to what you describe.
Crabman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:

Edit:
in resume, to do what you want:
1) delete the sample (e.g. number N)
2) import the sample you want to replace it (e.g. with number K+1)
3) move the sample you want to the sample number following the one you deleted (e.g. N+1, then all your following samples will have there value increased by one)
4) change the sample number of the last sample (that is now K+1) to K.

yep,that works.

Probably i just load my"all"file once via import and not "open" to eliminate all "holes".I don`t care if it kills all the factory pattern then (maybe it will create some interesting results^^).
Brakio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:
Hi Brakio,i could open it via terminal now and made it crash with a simple swipe.Terminal says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Oe2sSLE_GUI.py", line 2183, in <module>
File "tkinter/__init__.py", line 1131, in mainloop
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xa3 in position 0: invalid start byte
Failed to execute script Oe2sSLE_GUI
localhost:~ frankmustermann$

I`ll reply later to the sample management stuff.i`m pretty sure it behaves a bit different to what you describe.

Ok, thank you, it seems that it is related to known problems with of tcl/tk and tkinter on mac OS...
It made me understand that I was still using and linking to the wrong version of tcl/tk...

I just uploaded a new build, that is now using the correct one:
Oe2sSLE-0.1.2-osx-x64-build3.zip
can you say me if it is better? (by better I mean not crashing, because the look using this version is worst Wink)

Edit (2017/02/21): I removed build2 and terminal debug version as they are not requiered anymore and I renamed 'Oe2sSLE-0.1.2-osxox64-build3.zip' to 'Oe2sSLE-0.1.2-osx-x64-build3.zip'.

Last edited by Brakio on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Crabman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works great now,no crashes anymore.Thanks!
yhonatex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio, thanks for your work on this superb tool. It has been indispensable in managing my sample library!

Currently using the v0.1.1 release for Linux but I notice that 0.1.2 does not have a Linux build Are you planning on including them with each release?

I recognize your primary userbase is Windows but hoping that the build process for Linux is also trivial. Was not able to build from source because of the py2exe requirement I believe.

Thanks again for the effort on this project.
Brakio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:
Works great now,no crashes anymore.Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback Smile
Brakio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yhonatex wrote:
Brakio, thanks for your work on this superb tool. It has been indispensable in managing my sample library!

Currently using the v0.1.1 release for Linux but I notice that 0.1.2 does not have a Linux build Are you planning on including them with each release?

I recognize your primary userbase is Windows but hoping that the build process for Linux is also trivial. Was not able to build from source because of the py2exe requirement I believe.

Thanks again for the effort on this project.

Thank you!
I did not know if there were true users on linux, and if it was properly working on another distribution than Ubuntu (on which I build the binary).
So, now that I know there is at least one linux user, I will continue to build linux releases.

If you want to build it yourself, you need to use python3 and pyinstaller.
To install pyinstaller you can do it with something like
Code:
sudo python3 -m pip install --upgrade pyinstaller

If you want to have latest version of pyaudio follow this link to see how to do it (you will only need python3-pyaudio).
You probably just need to perform
Code:
sudo python3 -m pip install --upgrade pyaudio
if portaudio-dev is already installed and up to date.

Then go into the folder of Oe2sSLE:
Code:
cd XXX/Oe2sSLE
and run pyinstaller using 'linux-x86-Oe2sSLE_GUI.spec' if you are on 32-bit linux os or 'linux-x64-Oe2sSLE_GUI.spec' if you are on 64-bit linux os:
Code:
pyinstaller linux-xXX-Oe2sSLE_GUI.spec

I should generate a 'build' directory and inside it you should find the binary release.

But if you have pyaudio properly installed you do not need to build the binary release; you can just use python directly to run the latest version:
Code:

git clone https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE.git
cd Oe2sSLE
python3 Oe2sSLE_GUI.py

In the case the latest version does not work use 'git checkout vX.X.X' (v0.1.2 for instance) to get a tagged release before running it.

Edit: I have just built and made available the binary releases for linux of v0.1.2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: