Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open editor for electribe sampler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crabman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

got myself the sampler now and just want to thank you,Brakio,for the editor and especially to make it available on mac as well!

It runs on my old mountain lion although it`s still a little wonky.It crashes quite often and this seems somehow related to my mouse(wheel).Whenever i scroll thru a list or just the sample/preset page i can count the seconds until it crashes.Nonetheless,better than nothing of course.I should just save often.

I would appreciate an iOS editor as well but i don`t see how this would work without a jailbreak because you can`t access the file system on the card (and you need a special cardreader adapter of course).Afair you can just import/export photos to/from a card.

Such a pitty that you can`t access the Sampler (and card in the sampler)via USB.Especially since Volca Sample can do this.Bummer.
Brakio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:
Hi there,

got myself the sampler now and just want to thank you,Brakio,for the editor and especially to make it available on mac as well!

It runs on my old mountain lion although it`s still a little wonky.It crashes quite often and this seems somehow related to my mouse(wheel).Whenever i scroll thru a list or just the sample/preset page i can count the seconds until it crashes.Nonetheless,better than nothing of course.I should just save often.

I would appreciate an iOS editor as well but i don`t see how this would work without a jailbreak because you can`t access the file system on the card (and you need a special cardreader adapter of course).Afair you can just import/export photos to/from a card.

Such a pitty that you can`t access the Sampler (and card in the sampler)via USB.Especially since Volca Sample can do this.Bummer.

Hi, thank you,
If you could make a bug report on GitHub it would be nice.
Attach the a zip of the Oe2sSLE.log file to it. I will have a look. If it is too big, delete it, launch the app and makes it crash. Then attach the new Oe2sSLE.log file.
For Mac OS I'm developing on a Snow Leopard in order to be compatible with old OS versions. It runs well on it but I can't test on more recent versions.
If I cannot solve the issue, i'll just disable the mouse scroll handling on this os version...
Crabman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply,i`ll make it crash the next time and upload the file.

It also crashes always when i preview a new sound before the one i prelistened before is completely silent.Same in the (wave)editor (hitting the"play"button again before the sample finished playing)

Crashing seems not only related to mousewheel but also swiping on the touchpad.

Though I can use it mostly without crashes if i avoid the mentioned things.

A question about file handling:i deleted about half of the factory samples and kept the rest for now.But after reloading the"all"file the empty slots were used by samples that follwed...sorry,my english.I give you an example Smile

If i delete sample number 345 and i have a kick on 346,after saving and reopen the"all"file that kick will be on 345 instead of leaving the slot empty.That leaves a lot of the(factory)pattern in a messy state.Is that normal,intended behavior or a bug?I`ve read somewhere that deleting samples should just leave the slot"empty"but maybe i`m wrong...

edit:where can i find the log file? Embarassed
zakary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just came across another sample manager
http://www.appification.de/ElectribeSampleManager/

don't know if it's been mentioned in the forum before.
Brakio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:

A question about file handling:i deleted about half of the factory samples and kept the rest for now.But after reloading the"all"file the empty slots were used by samples that follwed...sorry,my english.I give you an example Smile

If i delete sample number 345 and i have a kick on 346,after saving and reopen the"all"file that kick will be on 345 instead of leaving the slot empty.That leaves a lot of the(factory)pattern in a messy state.Is that normal,intended behavior or a bug?I`ve read somewhere that deleting samples should just leave the slot"empty"but maybe i`m wrong...

edit:where can i find the log file? Embarassed

Ok, maybe it is a bug that was introduced during the refactoring. I will have a look at this.
The log file should be in the folder from where is run the application. It may be THE bug if it can't write to the log file Smile I will look at this also.
Crabman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:

Ok, maybe it is a bug that was introduced during the refactoring. I will have a look at this.

I think so.Otherwise it would mess up all pattern that use samples past 345 (to stay in my example)

Brakio wrote:

The log file should be in the folder from where is run the application. It may be THE bug if it can't write to the log file Smile I will look at this also.

Yep,there is no log file Wink
Brakio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:

For that issue, I can't reproduce your problem. To load the saved file, do you use the "Open" button? If you use the "Import e2sSample.all", yes it does not keep the order, it just import the samples of another e2sSample.all file and append them to the current one. But open should do the job (it does in my tests)
Crabman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
Crabman wrote:

For that issue, I can't reproduce your problem. To load the saved file, do you use the "Open" button? If you use the "Import e2sSample.all", yes it does not keep the order, it just import the samples of another e2sSample.all file and append them to the current one. But open should do the job (it does in my tests)

aaah,that`s a very good tip.I always used the"import e2s etc.all" (right after i open/reopen your app for example)an not the"open"function.I thought it does not make a difference.I´ll try that,thanks!
Brakio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:

Brakio wrote:

Yep,there is no log file Wink

I just released a new version 0.1.2 that should create the log file in ~/.Oe2sSLE/Oe2sSLE.log
Crabman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the new version and made it crash (a two finger swipe will always shut it down) but i`m still unable to find the log file.Tried it via"search"function as well but...nothing.
Brakio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:
I downloaded the new version and made it crash (a two finger swipe will always shut it down) but i`m still unable to find the log file.Tried it via"search"function as well but...nothing.

Are you sure? Folder starting with a dot are hiden on unix systems. Can you try to open a terminal and type 'ls ~/.Oe2sSLE/Oe2sSLE.log'. If the file does not exists it means it is a more serious problem related to python itself or maybe tkinter. Because any error should be reported in the log or a popup window should be seen if log cannot be writen to the file.
Crabman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck...

The only thing i could find via console is a system diagnosis report with the name:

Oe2sSLE-0.1.1-osx-x64_2017-01-23-180929_localhost.hang

Would this file help?

Terminal:

[img]
Brakio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabman wrote:
No luck...

The only thing i could find via console is a system diagnosis report with the name:

Oe2sSLE-0.1.1-osx-x64_2017-01-23-180929_localhost.hang

Would this file help?

Terminal:

[img]

I dont think so. I'll try to install a virtual machine on mountain lion to better understand what is the problem.
Edit: I thought I can upgrade from a snow leopard to a mountain lion but it seems that I can only upgrade to mavericks... or i shall buy the dmg
Crabman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind,i can avoid most of the crashes if i take care.Don`t waste your time to make it run on such an old OS but thanks for trying Wink

More important to me was the info about the difference between import vs.open the".all" file.

Maybe i`ll buy the other editor but for now your one is good enough.Currently I`m even not 100% sure if i keep the sampler or return it to get the Electribe Synth instead.
Brakio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Crabman,

I have updated tcl/tk on my mac and used another more recent version of python to generate a new build (Oe2sSLE-0.1.2-osx-x64-build2.zip) could you try it and say me if it still crash?

I think that if you have the problem, others have too... so it is better to solve it Wink

If this release still not work I will generate another build, but this time to be run from a terminal, and there will probably be outputs to the term that will explain why it crash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: