Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Live Speakers for PA4X
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all guys for your opinion, really appreciated.

Eduardo_Arg wrote:
Quote:
Another factor you must take in count is which instrument will be played simultaneously with your keyboard (bass, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, percussions, voices, etc.).- Bose L1 II it's apropiate for soloist or at least two musicians and voices.- But if you have a band, Bose can't manage a good service to your music.-
I am a solo musician (PA900) with a singer, no band.
I will eventually buy one next year and will try it in real situation (gigs), If I like it I'll keep it if not, will return it back (Bose return policy 45 days).
Best regards.

Last edited by BR on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
mabcomp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Get ready to get your wallet out but you will not regret it once you hear the Bose L1 Model II speakers. I have been using them for 5 years now without any regret. Good luck...Chuck, USA

Well thats good news cos, wait for it! I have those very speakers but haven't tried those yet. Thats because I tried the pianos on my Tyros 3 with those and they sound crap. I'm told you need to have two poles and run in stereo.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Bose L1 M2 Reply with quote

I think I'm the one who stated all this off and its becoming an education.

However let me say this. I have been a Pro Singer Musician for many years and I dont know where people get this crazy idea that the L1 is only ok for 100-150 people. I can tell you it will handle way more than that and with Ease and it sounds very good. As ive said you need two units to get good PIANO sounds, all the other sounds are fine. I played recently at a function in a large room that had JBL's all round the room and the Venue owner was visibly shocked at how good the Bose was. When I set it up at first he laughed and said whats that? UNTIL he heard it. Of course my voice would make a noticeable difference Smile just joking guys!. So the whole thing is simply about getting the Pianos to sound good WITHOUT having to fork out for another L1 M2. I have wondered how well it would do just adding a Bose Compact which is a lot cheaper.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mabcomp
Quote:
I can tell you it will handle way more than that and with Ease and it sounds very good.
I agree and believe you. I saw Bose in live performance and it's amazing. As you mentioned, to have a good piano stereo sound we need a pair but for other sound even one Bose L1 MII with T1 (Tonematch) would be sufficient.
We are so used to perform with the conventional PA system that it takes some time to be convinced to change the habits and I think for us, the musician, it's normal because we want to make sure to work with reliable tools. Regarding Bose L1 MII, even many DJ's start using it with extra base modules and they are happy.
ClaytonE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked What??? No QSC lovers here? Very Happy The K series keep me from breaking my back... Wacky
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 Bose L1 and belive me, It,s the best for me , i,m gigging for 300 persons and YES you hear all you need! If the room is to large you loose many things.
Normal gigs BOSE, Bigger gigs over 400 Persons, than you must go higher quality and Bucks.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBLs here,

2x PRX 718XLF, 2x PRX 618XLF, 4 PRX615m, and 2 Yamaha DRX 12 for monitors.

Presonus Studiolive 1602 as a mixer!

+ IEMs, mics, etc etc
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Quote:
I have 2 Bose L1 and belive me, It,s the best for me , i,m gigging for 300 persons and YES you hear all you need! If the room is to large you loose many things.

Asena, what Bose model do you have, L1 Model II or L1 Model 1S? and what do you mean by "If the room is to large you loose many things."? Could you please elaborate?
I am interested by your experiences with Bose because I am thinking to buy one L1 Model II with Tonematch in the future. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Live Speakers for PA4X Reply with quote

I started this one off and having read all the replies the one that impressed me most was Jonyblues who came in with the QSC K10s. Isn't it always the way though that it always turns out to be very expensive. By the way the Tyros keyboards have the same problem with Live speakers. I own the Bose L1 Model 11 but haven't tried two sets yet. I was wondering how it would fair just sticking a Bose Compact with it, anyone ever tried that?
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Live Speakers for PA4X Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
I started this one off and having read all the replies the one that impressed me most was Jonyblues who came in with the QSC K10s. Isn't it always the way though that it always turns out to be very expensive. By the way the Tyros keyboards have the same problem with Live speakers. I own the Bose L1 Model 11 but haven't tried two sets yet. I was wondering how it would fair just sticking a Bose Compact with it, anyone ever tried that?

Hi mabcomp,
I am about to buy a Bose L1 MII with T1 ToneMatch and since you have the same I would appreciate it if you can share your experience. That can help me to make a suitable decision. I think I've already mentioned for what kind of performance I will use the Bose. In case you need more info please let me know.
Thanks
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using two Bose Compacts with the PA4X. It sounds good with one, but fantastic with two.
DonM
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
I'm using two Bose Compacts with the PA4X. It sounds good with one, but fantastic with two.
DonM
Hi DonM,
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I heard the positive feedback about Bose Compact too so I imagine with one L1 M II & T1 I can be assured it does the job for me.
Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: