Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading in new Styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabcomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Loading in new Styles Reply with quote

I have a Zip file of bonus styles which was sent to me by the retailer. In the email he says just copy to a USB stick as is. The problem is that the USB stick doesn't even see the zip file although it is showing a lot of other style and midi files that were already on there.

Retailer: All you need to do is copy it exactly as is, to a USB stick then you can load it in from the media screen.

Can anyone help. ?
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just unzip file which was sent to you.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Pa doesn't have anything to work with zip files.
At least previous versions (not sure about Pa4x)
Korg only see file can be supported.
You need to do on computer.
Use decompression tools to unzipped (decompress), but must be before you put this on your USB Stick.
Since you have already something on this USB Stick, I'm suggesting create separate folder for new files, it will be easily to recognize them later.

Quote:
Retailer: All you need to do is copy it exactly as is, to a USB stick then you can load it in from the media screen.

Don't believe always what they say, retailers most likely are not computer geniuses. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
mabcomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Styles Zip File Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
Just unzip file which was sent to you.
So he was wrong in saying "copy as is" the thing is though unzip it to where? you haven't explained the procedure? I have in fact unzipped some of the files already which can be seen but how do I get them to the right place. I am new to using a Korg. The other thing I need to know is does the USB stick have to be formatted by the Keyboard first or is it just a general FAT32

Very grateful for your help and quick response.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAT 32 is OK .
mabcomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow excellent reply speed Smile stay with me we might nearly be there.

After Unzipping the files to the Stick I then access via the media button and then select the files. Each style button has a number of blank places and I tested the process by copying 4 of the new styles to the first one POP which works fine, but I must be missing something because when I try to use a different style folder it always seems to default to the POP one again
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Styles Zip File Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
you haven't explained the procedure? I have in fact unzipped some of the files already which can be seen but how do I get them to the right place.

Unless this is something like backup full resources, in not really imported where you put on USB, but since this is styles file and probably styles file name has static names, is very helpful to keep organize.
Create Folder with name new styles and copy/paste all what was zipped there.
Then will be easy to navigate on Korg.
I'm not sure about how they did in Pa4x, but .sty file is a bank of files, means is more that 1 style there.
You can proceed and replace entire bank, but you can open .sty file and do one by one single style. Wink
mabcomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks for your help, much appreciated.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You best do this on a PC or Mac, double click the zip file, the machine then decompresses the zip file and another folder will appear named as the style bank. Copy to USB stick and load either style set or individual styles as required.

Now the part I am having trouble with is that when loading a style set you are not asked for a location to load the set and the system loads it to User 1 bank

Thats fine until you want to load another set and that set is loaded to the same user 1 bank ?

When loading individual styles or asked for a location but that does not seem to be the case with Style banks. Anyone know how to load more than one set so the first is not overwritten ??
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: