Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Encrypted resources for PA4X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Encrypted resources for PA4X Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm working hard with some friends for a pa4x set. We decided to encrypt the resources to protect our work... I sent mail to korg romania but nothing, no answer. I tried to send pm to Paolo but the message is in outbox for two days.
I spent over a week searching internet for some informations but it seems to be a huge secret.
We know that pa4x supports encrypted resources using usb stick or sd card. I'd be interested in sd card method, because the usb stick is too easy to be cloned.

Seems to exist some diffrent opinions on internet:
1. The resoursces will be encrypted by korg, and the user should buy the stick/sd card from korg at a prohibitive price.(unfortunately)
2. The encryption algorithm is developed by another company... Doesn't seem to be like that
3. Other stories....

Does anyone know what is the procedure?
We don't have commercial thoughts. We are 6 friends who are working together and want to protect their hard work.
I'm waiting for your feedback. Thanks a LOT!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobay and all of you that frequently ask for PaSeries official resources encryption protection :

- Third-party resources are encrypted in the same way in all PaSeries only by KorgPa using a utility software that builts
encryption algorithm that they own and all commercial sound developers (except me) , that distribute SETs in thumb
drives or microSD are under cooperation directly with Korg or with a couple of independent guys that they own a leaked
pirate copy of utility without official contract and are paid per media unit.
- In Pa4X there is an extra encrypting feature ... styles can also been encrypted !
cobay wrote:
I'd be interested in sd card method, because the usb stick is too easy to be cloned.
Encryption method is the same in any media USB stick or mSD so if you can hack one then you can hack all
but I ensure you that you can't just clone them !
- Therefore if you have a serious commercial proposal with credentials for more than 100 pieces then contact directly with
Korg Italy and I guess they will answer ! (since I discourage piracy !)
If you really don't have any commercial intention then just use hardware USB port lockers !

This is all I can say , so do not ask for more information !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
cobay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my wings for a moment.
USB memory stick can be cloned very easy. I tried and succeded.
Micro sd are more complicated devices. As I know it has its own processor and can execute some simple code. I don't know how korg uses the microsd and I'm not interested. I don't intend to describe here the usb cloning procedure.

If I understood correct:
- the cost per unit (sd card) is high enough and korg is possible to ignore a request for 10 to 20 units.

I don't dare thinking about the working hours needed for a decent commercial set. Our need was born when we tried to get as many korg users possible in our project. Some of them said that they don't have the time to do anything... Well, we don't intend to share with them if you know what I mean.
It will be interesting to find out the real cost for all that (the official way). I don't think searching for pirates is a sollution.

Second thought: how can I become a commercial sound developer?

Very good news about style encryption...

Thanks again for your reply. I must find what are the costs for this job to be done and see if it's worth, then contact Korg somehow...
Thank you.
cobay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

If you really don't have any commercial intention then just use hardware USB port locker

I searched for these USB port lockers and it don't seem like an elegant sollution to me.
Thanks anyway for your answer!
Happy Hollydays!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: