Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Endings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabcomp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Endings Reply with quote

This is what I wrote to my Dealer.

Try this for Size, Play San Francisco, (found in the Movie and show section) and press the no 1 Ending and it changes key, however no 2 and 3 dont.

Heres the reply:

We have a number of styles that do this, especially our converted ones from MIDI file. It is all to do with the key in which the style creator wanted the ending to be in relative to the last chord played. that sort of feature can be modified by the user. Sometime you may not wish it to happen and with Factory styles I can see some people being a little fussy about it, with our styles it is simply part of what has been done with the conversion. I will point that one out to Korg and see if they will give me any answers on it. Like I said I would question whether that should happen on a factory styles - song specific styles on the other hand it can be useful.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Endings Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
This is what I wrote to my Dealer.

Try this for Size, Play San Francisco, (found in the Movie and show section) and press the no 1 Ending and it changes key, however no 2 and 3 dont.

Heres the reply:

We have a number of styles that do this, especially our converted ones from MIDI file. It is all to do with the key in which the style creator wanted the ending to be in relative to the last chord played. that sort of feature can be modified by the user. Sometime you may not wish it to happen and with Factory styles I can see some people being a little fussy about it, with our styles it is simply part of what has been done with the conversion. I will point that one out to Korg and see if they will give me any answers on it. Like I said I would question whether that should happen on a factory styles - song specific styles on the other hand it can be useful.
I found the last comment odd, how can it ever be useful to finish in the wrong key? am I missing something
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue what they try to tell you (dealer), but this is how works.
Most styles, especially factory is create with Intro 1 and Ending 1 with NNT Table set to No Trasnpose, which means you don't need to play chord progression, is already all tracks recorded with all chords.
Of course you need to tell arranger which chord you want to start.
Every element can be fully customize, I saw many cool styles, where Intro is use as extra fill or break, or even as variation (looped).
In theory Intro work same as as fill and break, when finish is going to var.
Ending when fire, stop pads and when finish stop arranger.
Creating styles is art, you need use your imagination, but is very helpful read before how they works.
If you got more questions be free to ask, we will try to help you understand basics. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
mabcomp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Endings Reply with quote

I really appreciate your input here but I am no wiser. Let me explain further. If I start to play a song in any key on my Tyros 3 it will start and finish in the same key Im playing in. The Korg doesn't. Sooo! the Question is why not? surely if the Tyros does it the Korg should at least be able to.

This doesn't happen with every USER song style however, often it gets it right.

I just for instance played San Fransisco in "C" but when I pressed the last chord "C" again to end on the No 1 ending it completely changed key. So I played it again, this time ending on 2 and it worked, so I played it again and finished on 3 and it worked. So why not number 1
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is not different between korg and tyros, is how is style create.
Again, Korg Pa Arrangers is fully customize, users are in charge.
Yours problem coming not from error machine (Korg) is from not correct made styles.
If this is style made by midi to style option ,.... I'm not surprise. Smile
If this is Style made by someone, .... well, hard to say why.
In your style in Ending 3 must be assign wrong key to track, means chord recorded is in different notation that stored scanning key.
In simple words end 1 has assign chord C and track has first chord D or other.
When something like this happen Arranger is transpose correctly, but you hear wrong.
to correct this you need access record mode and change Key for right one.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Endings Reply with quote

Thank you I understand now what you are saying and yes that makes sense.

Sometimes the members on here are a little difficult to follow because I am English and it would appear to me that many here are Spanish Speaking people. Thank you for your patience and of course your help.

John
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made ones video on variation with no transpose .
Is same way how you do Intro 1.
Just for experience Smile
Is 4 variations, but you play song only with changing them, no touching keys. Razz
maybe help you understand better power of customizing styles, here is video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCgtwE53OBs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: