Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa4x backing tracks compiling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: pa4x backing tracks compiling Reply with quote

I've got to say that after spending the last couple of days working my way through the onboard sequencer and MP3 recording functions the workflow is logical, quick and the results I am now getting from the Pa4x are impressing me greatly, my plan is within the next two weeks to get a good number of tracks ready and then get the Pa4x into a live setting where I can hear it through my EAW rig, With what I have heard thus far, this thing is a bomb and I am so glad I got it even though we have a short list of things that need sorting out. Glad I gave the T5 a miss Korg have the upper hand here for live playing musicians
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine a few hours ago, and so far I love it. Great new sounds. Updating the OS went very smoothly. I like the Set List system so far.
I plan to start using it on the job TOMORROW, so will be busy most of the night and tomorrow afternoon setting things up.
I decided not to try to save my PA3X Songbook, so starting over there.
I don't use some of the areas of the keyboard where others are having problems.
I mostly just play songs and sing! Beats the heck out of a day job!
DonM
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops made duplicate post.

Last edited by DonM on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Salto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came from (and still have) the Korg Triton EXTREME, which has this sequencer beat in many areas. BUT....You can lay tracks quickly and easily with the backing sequencer and then add to it later. There is no stringing sequences together to make a song like the EXTREME...Eventually I will figure out how to combine the two maybe????

What I have done is put my song book together and can play a few dozen or so songs "live"....I have also started sequencing tracks which I will play acoustic guitar with. The "downside" of sequenced songs is in a live worship setting is I cannot extend a Chorus....

So..........by mixing in well thought out sequences and playing the acoustic guitar it gives the audience a different side of me rather than simply acoustic...Mixing this with my "live" STYLE play it is a great mix and is only getting better...

It's interesting to see the reaction of the congregation who are trying to figure out where all this new music is coming from.....

Then I'll break it down to solo piano with a few strings and the atmosphere is totally transformed.

Man what a valuable tool............

www.stevealtonian.com

Korg PA 4X 76-Korg Triton Extreme-Breedlove American C25-Fishman Artist Acoustic Guitar Amp-Tascam DP 24 Digital Multitrack
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, you can put markers in your sequences and repeat whatever sections you like.
Salto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don.....Awesome....I was reading that section last night but was half asleep. Will check it out....

Thanks for the great tip

www.stevealtonian.com

Korg PA 4X 76-Korg Triton Extreme-Breedlove American C25-Fishman Artist Acoustic Guitar Amp-Tascam DP 24 Digital Multitrack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: