Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing default settings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:59 am    Post subject: Changing default settings Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if anyone has figured out a way to change the default sound on the Korg when it turns on.

I'd like the Grand Piano sound (which I have saved under Favorite 1) to be the default and I'd also like to eliminate that sound effect the damper pedal makes when you hold / release it. It may be "realistic" but it's pretty annoying. I know you can remove it through the controller, but how can I remove it permanently?

Thanks!
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The default sound that loads on startup is Bank 1 / Preset 1 on the preset knobs.
These can be changed on the Software Editor - although if you chance it to anything other than an Electric Piano, the labelling on the front panel won't match with the sound.

The level of the Rx noises (e.g. damper pedal noise) can be edited - either with the Software Editor or on the front panel. If you edit the patch, and then save as a favourite, or replace one of the existing presets using the software editor, then it will save with the new level.

To edit the RX noise level, you need to press the function button, then select one of the favourites buttons (8 ?), and then turn one of the EQ knobs to set the level. I forget the exact process, but it's covered in the manual.
yoe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm relieved to find out that it's possible...

So potentially I play around with the editor until I find a good piano sound that I like, with just the right reverb and EQ, and cancel the damper pedal noise, then I can save ALL of that into BANK 1 / PRESET 1 ?

How would I do that exactly... ?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any parameter that can be saved with your preferred preset piano sound, should be saveable if that preset is moved to the power on default location using the editor.

yoe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, but HOW do i save it? the interface of this program is very confusing. how do i make grand piano my 1.1 preset??

i see a button that says "write current preset" but nothing happens when i click it.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The changes you make to effects and the like should be saved to the SV-1.

From the SV-1 manual and editor manual:

Write Current Preset button:

Click this button to save the changes you made to the current sound or favorite (the one selected in the list) into the SV-1’s memory. For simplicity’s sake, we call them both “preset”.

The Write Current Prest saves the following: Effects, Tuning Curve, Touch Curve, RX Noise Volume and EQ.

To change the order of presets and favourites, use the backup function. It's dealt with starting on page 55 of the editor manual, with the rearranging presets and favourites part dealt with on page 57.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: