Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me #tag my music on soundcloud? Please and thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McKabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Help me #tag my music on soundcloud? Please and thank you. Reply with quote

I would really like to put a little more effort into promoting my music, but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to different genres of electronic music. So... Maybe listen to the first couple of songs on my soundcloud and let me know what the hell to tag it as? I don't quite feel as if "#electronic" is doing me any good.

White Noise Reveries: www.soundcloud.com/whitenoisereveries

Seriously, any criticism whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. I've got pretty thick skin. Thank you in advance!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thick skinned, huh? Actually this stuff is not at all bad. I don't think good music needs to have a genre. If it touches something in the listener then that is all that matters. Does David Bowie's music belong to a genre? Or Enya, Robert Rich, even? some might label Rich's stuff as ambient, but it's more than that.

I think the track Becoming The Archetype stands by itself. Sara Tonin perhaps has a good foundation, but could evolve a little more. Supernatural is an excellent basis for adding just one more distinctive layer, perhaps a vocal or lead. Perhaps that's what Sara Tonin could benefit from, too. Excessive repetition with not much happening tends to lose the listener's attention, so best avoided, unless it's played to make a statement.

If you're hoping for the tracks to go viral, I think there is potential, but it would need "marketing" e.g. using social media, maybe a local radio station. Have you tried approaching record labels with it?

Having listened to a few more, you know that bit I said about a track touching something? Not Far From Home is there. Very good.

In fact, Becoming The Archetype, Not Far From Home, Neuropathy And Nausea, are all there - Compile these into an EP, stick it on iTunes and plug it, big time!! There is another band using White Noise Reverie as the name, though.

McKabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip, I really appreciate your feedback. And I agree on all points made about making a song evolve! I'm just somewhat technologically challenged and have no idea how to tag things with a genre to make them more accessible by search queries.

Not to mention, I haven't been making electronic music for very long. I've spent the last 20 years traveling with doom metal or prog metal bands, and I've ALWAYS let our label handle all of the marketing.

I guess I figured that I was starting to piece together some things while trying to develop a sound for this project, and would like to push it just a bit further. Obviously, it isn't going to make me rich, but I know that I could potentially make something of it if I put forth the effort.

Thank you again. I REALLY appreciate your opinion!
McKabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha on a side note... You mentioned that Becoming the Archetype would be my "stand out" track. What's funny to me is that is that 57 people found it to be worth downloading, but none of those bastards could hit the damn "like" button! Razz

That's the kind of thing that makes me think that I'm doing this internet business all wrong haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: