Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions regarding selling a Triton Extreme 76

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulramone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Questions regarding selling a Triton Extreme 76 Reply with quote

So here's a funny story about how I was put in charge of selling off some gear that belongs to a dead guy...

Actually it's not that funny & kind of long so I'll skip it, but the moral of the story is that I'm in charge of selling a KORG Triton Extreme 76 & I'm a guitar player who knows nothing about these spaceships & people are asking me questions about it.

I'm hoping you guys here might be able to help me. I promise that anyone & everyone who helps me out here will receive a coupon from me in their email for one free question about guitars. Or Daredevil comics. Or how to cook good Buffalo wings in the oven.

Here are a few questions I've gotten so far:
1) How is the unweighted keybed to play?
2) Is it like the original Tritons?

Those 2 questions might actually be meant to be read & answered together, like he's asking if the unweighted keys feel similar to the original Tritons. Or maybe it's just open-ended, in which case - how are they? I tried them. They feel like unweighted keys to me. Like an organ, but not a cheap Casio kid's toy.

The other thing he asked is this: What expansion options do you have in it (ram, etc)?

Now for obvious reasons there is literally nobody alive who has ever used this particular machine to the extent that this question presumes. So is there a way for me to figure this out?

Thanks for your time & please, any help you give me will be really appreciated. The person I'm selling this stuff for just doesn't want it sitting around as a reminder anymore, you know? I know that's kind of a dark way to end a post on a message board about fancy synthesizers, but that's the card I drew today.

Thanks again.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unweighted keybed plays very well, though it is a matter of preference. Some prefer weighted keys, others don't. I can't comment on similarity to the Tritons, as I've not played one of those.

The installed options come up on the screen during boot-up. Just make a note of the on-screen messages as they come up, and use those as the response to the questioner.

ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno how you're gonna get me those buffalo wings while wearing an apron ? Razz

Anyhoo...,

1. Only the 88s of the Triton series had weighted-hammer action keys, but all of the Tritons
61/76/88 are velocity & pressure sensitive (aftertouch) so that makes them very expressive
to play...

2. The extreme has more of everything compared to the original Triton (classic), that's why
its called extreme... more sounds, signal goes thru a vacuum tube, it has flashmemory card
instead of floppies which makes it easier to transport samples from computer, etc...

** When you turn-on the keyboard the boot screen will tell you what you have installed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: