Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combis and external module

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkhbrit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Combis and external module Reply with quote

Can 1 zone of the Triton keyboard be assigned to play an external synth module as part of a Combi? I'm pretty sure it can, just wanted to check with the experts. Thanks.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Combis and external module Reply with quote

dkhbrit wrote:
Can 1 zone of the Triton keyboard be assigned to play an external synth module as part of a Combi? I'm pretty sure it can, just wanted to check with the experts. Thanks.

Yes. you need to route that particular zone's midi channel to "EXT" (external).
Press the [menu] button, on the screen select P2 edit trk-parameter, then on the MIDI page send
the zone you want to "EXT"... if it's a grouped channel or global channel "Gch"

it may require you to use a different midi channel.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, thanks. That's kind of what it says in the manual but wanted to be sure.
dkhbrit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So,I tried this last night and wasn't getting MIDI sent to my external module. Was in COMBI mode and had a part set to ch4 with my module also set to receive on ch4. It seemed to work outside of COMBI mode but not while in a COMBI. At one point it was working but only with the Arpeggiator switched on.
Any ideas?
dkhbrit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working now. Just in case it helps anyone else, here's what I did.

If you have a factory reset unit there is a 'user Combi' in Bank D, 127. This seems to be the key to making this process work easily. I opened this and it has all 8 timbres set as 'Noisy Stabber', with all switched to 'off' except timbre 1. All timbres are set to play across the whole board.

I had a JU06 set to receive on ch2 and a Prophet 6 set to receive on ch4.

I decided to make it easy to remember and use the timbre in the Combi to match the MIDI channel of the receiving module. So, timbre 2 set to 'EXT' and on the track edit page set the MIDI channel to 2. Then, set timbre 4 to EXT and set the MIDI channel to 4. Now I have both units playing layered across the whole board. I then used the edit keyboard zone page to set the lower octaves to the JU06 and the upper end for the Prophet.

All worked great, so I saved it as a Combi (called JU/P6 split or something like that) and saved it. Importantly, I DIDNT OVERWRITE THE BASIC USER COMBI IN D127. Sorry for the caps but I think it's very, very useful to retain a nice basic Combi as this seemed to help in getting this done. So I overwrote D126 which was nothing special.

So, there it is. I'm now going to repeat the process and set up a group,of combis to allow me a lot of different options with my setup.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too much work for so little gain..
It's easier IMO to simply raise your hand & play a top or a lower keyboard (controller).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that but as you can see below I liking having my modules on top.

It's working nicely now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: