Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4 on board harmonizer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grafcable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: PA4X Pro harmonozer and mp3 files Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
grafcable wrote:
... PA3X Pro has option to automatically recognize harmony of mp3 files Korg PA4X Pro doesn't. And harmonizer works only for MIDI files not for mp3. It's really bad

That was indeed one of the most talked about features when Korg introduced the PA3x. I remember there were multiple official NAMM and Studio videos on this feature alone. I never used it myself, so not sure how accurate it was in detecting the Chord progression. It is kind of odd for a feature to go from hero to zero that fast. You sure it's not there anymore?

Yes I'm sure unless it's hidden somewhere
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice chap Just a shame hes not a better singer cos I know it sounds a lot better :

He does a lot of TC Helicon demos - he is a good singer....
Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always good to get the input this forum provides. Lots of knowledge and good ideas plus opinions. The 4 so far is a good keyboard and I've had many of them over the years. They just seem to get more and more complicated. I've read the chapter on voice processing over and over and still cannot figure out how to get the preset I am using to keep from jumping from "2 up and 1 down" to "Notes" in the middle of a song. I have not been able to write the preset to a user program yet. I'll keep after it. And no Pete, I'm not stopping. Keep it coming guys and gals! Smile
Old fingers
grafcable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Always good to get the input this forum provides. Lots of knowledge and good ideas plus opinions. The 4 so far is a good keyboard and I've had many of them over the years. They just seem to get more and more complicated. I've read the chapter on voice processing over and over and still cannot figure out how to get the preset I am using to keep from jumping from "2 up and 1 down" to "Notes" in the middle of a song. I have not been able to write the preset to a user program yet. I'll keep after it. And no Pete, I'm not stopping. Keep it coming guys and gals! Smile

Have you tried to use any harmonizer presets with mp3 files? If yes did it work for you?
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:

Chuck,

I'm wondering now if you are pressing a registration / variation which is changing the preset stored? What exactly are you doing to make the preset jump?

Al
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: PA4 on board harmonizer Reply with quote

Hi Chuck,
Chuck wrote:
1. There are about 35-40 presets. Only one of them (2 up 1 down) sounds good. The rest are really bad. Bummer!

Presets are usually just a starting point. Your voice is different than that of any other singer, so you will end up fine tuning them to your taste.

Chuck wrote:
2. I use the keyboard (chords) to play the harmonizer. I have the preset, "2 up 1 down" on. But some times it will jump back to preset, "Notes".

Voice Presets are recalled by Keyboard Sets and SongBook Entries. If you go to the Mic tab, and select the Global checkbox, you can then save the Keyboard Set or SongBook Entry with a global, preferred Voice Preset.

You can choose the global Voice Preset in the Global > Mic Setup > Setup page.

We may have a quicker solution to leave the global preset always selected in the future.

Paolo
Chuck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To KBRBR. I have now been able to isolate the change to when I change songs. Go out of one song and into songbook for another. That is when I think the change occurs. I will try Paolo's suggestions next. Thanks all.
Old fingers
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,

That's awesome news! Glad you got it sorted out.

Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: