Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Minilogue Sequencer / Ableton Problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get into global edit mode, 4th page, and turn off "En Rx Transport".
When you hit play in your daw, you will receive clock regulary but sequencer won't start playing.

Cheers!
moho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemi wrote:
Get into global edit mode, 4th page, and turn off "En Rx Transport".
When you hit play in your daw, you will receive clock regulary but sequencer won't start playing.

Cheers!

I think that's only available on the monologue

I put my monologue between the sequencer and the minilogue and it filters out the start stop commands Very Happy
unfortunately this solution only works if you have both Crying or Very sad
but you may have other equipment keys / drum machines etc that do the same.
Dapifer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this still not been addressed? I can't understand how this can't be updated with a simple firmware update. Surely Korg can see how this would be a problem for a lot of people.

It's been bugging me long enough that it's tipping the scale on whether to trade in my Minilogue for another poly.
jean serge desverges

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this work:

No sequencer triggered but still get the sync for BPM LFO.
Sequencer can be launched afterwards, in this case that will not be on a perfect time but just as you press PLAY on the korg.

Get LOOPMIDI
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html
Set one virtual midi port on the program

Then filtrer MIDI signal with MIDI-OX

I tried to root things this way:
MIDI sent from Minilogue (I record midi from it)
to
LIVE IN

LIVE midi OUT > MIDI-OX

MIDI-ox OUT > MIDI OUT (the soundcard's midi out)

I have no midi port on my soundcard so I use USB-MIDI gear which appear as USB MIDI on this pics:
MIDIOX SETUP:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9y5z98vwt33xz5/MIDIOX.jpg?dl=0
LIVE MIDI SET UP:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/94rkptyrwbok09x/LIVE.png?dl=0

Live must be launched AFTER midi-ox

Razz
7zark7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't use Ableton or any loopback devices, and you may consider my setup a workaround that doesn't address all of your issues, but it works for me, so here it is.

I downloaded a range of pulses at different bpm's from a site...

http://tiptopaudio.com/circadian-rhythms-downloads/

...which I send from my DAW to BUS 5, routed to a dedicated out. Through some virtual routing with my DAW and my MX-1 mixer/interface, this signal is sending SYNC to my korg stuff (daisy chain sync volca/tribe/sq-1/minilogue). The added benefit of which is that the KORG stuff is more tightly synced to sample playback from my DAW, than synced to MIDI. I can still sequence via MIDI of course. You would be surprised at the difference it makes. Particularly, if you use samples in your DAW. Finally, your hardware will be synced to your DAW samples.

Feel free to request more details.

-7zark7
Hardware: 1010 Audio Bitbox, Akai MAX25 pro, Alesis Micron, Korg ES2, Korg KP3, Korg microSampler MS-1, Korg Minilogue, Korg MS20 mini, Korg SQ-1, Korg Triton, Korg Volca Sample, Roland MC-307, Roland AIRA MX-1, Roland AIRA SYSTEM 1m, Roland JD-Xi, Roland AIRA Scooper, Roland AIRA Demora,
Software: Synapse-Audio Orion and loads of VST/VSTi
ojuss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Solution - Ableton MIDI clock to external synths Reply with quote

dillec wrote:
Guys, I have a comparable problems but it's a bit more tricky.

I want to use the clock sync on the Minilogue on external, to have arpeggiators play in sync with Ableton, BUT this means that every time I hit 'play' in Ableton, the sequencer starts..

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off JUST the sequencer start on sync but to keep the Arpeggiator sync? It would be so useful (in my case), but I'm not sure wether this is possible.. I find the midi options quite limited..

But if someone has a tip or trick, I'd be happy to hear it!

Ok guys I had the same issues (starting any clip in Ableton caused all my connected external synths including Minilogue & Roland JD-Xi to start their step sequencers) . I needed MIDI clock sync from Ableton to external h/w but not trigger anything else on external h/w.

After struggling for a whole day, I figured out a working solution...
0) MIDI-Pipe is the key. This is a Mac app that offers various options of creating virtual MIDI IN/OUT & directing, routing, filtering MIDI signals.
Its a "pipe" or chain cos you connect one component to the next in a chain/pipe & the signal flows from the top component to the bottom like water in a pipe. Each component you connect, modifies the signal in some way (the s/w offers different components to do different things)...
1) Used MIDI-Pipe to create a new MIDI-IN source (double-click "Midi In" in the left pane. In the "Midi input" dropdown below, choose "Edit virtual inputs" --> create new --> click Done
In Ableton MIDI settings, it’ll now show up under the MIDI outputs section (cos Ableton will send MIDI out to it)
2) In Ableton MIDI setup (outputs section) Enable only the SYNC option for that newly created source and uncheck the SYNC option for all external h/w facing this clock sync issue (ie. receiving unwanted start/stop from Ableton)
3) then create a new MIDI-Pipe as follows :
the above new source as INput --> Message Filter (to filter out the clock start/stop/control messages) --> route that to multiple MIDI outputs (one output for each of the external connected hardware that was having this issue). 4) Check the “pass-through" option for all the above outputs except the last one (this causes the clock signal to go to all those external synths but no start/stop etc to them)
5) Save the above MIDI pipe to a file & load it every time you use ableton (MIDIPipe can be started before or after starting ableton, didn't make a diff in my case)
6) On My Mac OS 10.13, MIDI-Pipe crashes every 10-30 mins of usage in the above config (that's a bug in MIDI pipe - maybe cos it cant handle the data flow for too long, not sure).
But it works. Keep restarting every time it crashes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: