Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Record Button Fear Syndrome (RBFS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for good wishes, accept my blessings too Smile
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some addition) Considering yourself gifted or talented destroys humility.. And proud artist is a poor artist.. It is safer to consider yourself even not a clear medium, but someone who tries to become a such.. Let outside world give you such a title..
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only speak for myself but I try to create music everyday that I possibly can. I do this because I like too. That's all. I don't put anything on it and I don't think about where it comes from.
I'm not saying that this will work for you. I come from an entirely different place and have an entirely different view of music and religion. Let's just say I don't have a religion. I like making music because I like making music. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes not. The important thing to remember is that music is being made. The reasons why are unimportant. At least they are to me.

Please forgive me but I've never understood religion or the need for it. I also know that discussing it here is something that we are not really supposed to do, according to the rules of the forum although I think that may primarily apply to people who wish to argue about it.

I'm here to discuss the joys of music, the Kronos and other keyboards, beer and cats! Smile Wink

Stay happy! Love long!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aziz,

yes, the record syndrome you speak of is typical human nature and a condition of self awareness, and requires some mental training and practice to overcome. I have always suffered from this, with all aspects of "recording" ....not just performing music. It can be overcome though, and tends to be less of an issue, I find, the more I practice a piece, because I relax my conscious thinking about what I'm playing and rely on my subconscious, some call it muscle memory, to do the actions. My best playing in fact is when I'm tired at night, and I'm almost dozing off into sleep, as if I think too hard about what I'm playing once it is well practiced, that's when I mess it up!
My psychological barrier has always extended to playing in front of an audience, as I've spent most of my life performing solo in my studio for composing albums, and it does get better with practice. I tend to also play very little of other artist's music, in fact I have forgotten how to play many things I'd learnt in the past, as I generally am only interested in playing and practicing my own compositions, as it inevitably leads to more ideas for me.

On the inspiration side of things, I'm sort of with you Jeremy. For me, the motivation for my music has nothing to do with religion, and never has. I draw my inspiration from something intangible within me, that is more akin to the exploration of my own mind and how the relationship of harmony, rhythm and sonic texture stimulates my feelings. Maybe some people would define that as spiritual, but being a scientific/engineering person I put it down to my life's experiences and dna Smile

Chris
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly hope that one day soon you will be able to freely record without feeling nervous about what you are recording. I think that's why we can erase or recordings although I often don't. I believe we can all learn from our mistakes. After all, we all want to make the best music that we can.

Listening to our "not so good" songs teaches us how to be better. At least that's what I think. Can you imagine how difficult it must have been for composers before recording technology was invented?

Hope you are well Aziz! I enjoy reading your posts.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: