Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best DAW, and/or best beginner DAW, for Pa4x?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac38

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Best DAW, and/or best beginner DAW, for Pa4x? Reply with quote

If I use one of the free apps in my Iphone 6 "GarageBand" it takes me a short time to make a loop with basic instruments like drums and base, and base for a song, compered to what I can do for month with the Pa4x.

I'm of course not planning to use that app, but just explaining that my knowledge is at rock bottom. I'm sure many will ask why I then have the Pa4x, but let's drop that right now....

I have looked at some possisble DAW, for my PC, and looked at products like "Ableton Live Suite" and "FL Studio", and these look like top range software but also with a risk that I will be sitting without understanding anything, even when looking on a video manual. At the same time, it cant be any cheap crap as I will then sit without good sounds and options...

So what is the best DAW to use, and/or the best for me, a beginner?

Jacob

P.S. I know you have to have a computer, that is good enough to cope with the software, but let us just assume that there is one ...
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are on Windows or Mac?
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
jac38

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Are on Windows or Mac?

Oh, forgott to say. I'm on PC.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jac38 wrote:
Nemik wrote:
Are on Windows or Mac?

Oh, forgott to say. I'm on PC.

PC standing for Personal Computer, which can be Windows, Linux or else, but I think you mean Windows PC.
Is all depends what you need for, for recording Audio, for editing midi, both etc.
FL Studio is very friendly, easy to use, but is not perfect for all, you can get demo for free and try, demo has all functionality except you cannot open saved project, you can start new one and saved, but when you close FL Studio you need full version to open again.
FL Studio is very good DAW to recording entire project, but has some negatives like; not sending midi out all Messages (not sending Program Change), not saving midi0 with Markers, not accepting External Midi Clock and not working with all DAW as Rewire.
Ableton Live Suite is one of the top DAW, very powerful, my favorite, but is more complicated for beginners, requite some knowledge to operate.
ProTools is rated best one, but again try free version before you spent money, kinda a lot $$.
You can try also Cubase, Reason or Cakewalk-Sonar.
my sugestion is use Youtube to watch how others doing and decide if will suit you.
BTW, Daw software has own few plugins, but in order to has full power you gonna need buy some extra,... and they can be $$$ to. Smile
check Nexus is one of best Sound Library Plugin .
https://refx.com/nexus/
Performers Heaven
jac38

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about "MAGIX Music Maker", do you know?

I'm not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, but the price don't HAVE to be a issue....

You can find most of them on Pirate Bay, if you want.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jac38 wrote:
How about "MAGIX Music Maker", do you know?

MAGIX Music Maker... never tried
jac38 wrote:

I'm not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, but the price don't HAVE to be a issue....

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/12094214/FL_Studio_Producer_Edition_12.0.2___Plugins_Bundle_R2R

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6077339/MAGIX_Music_Maker_17_Premium_incl._content_packs_-_english

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/12621634/Ableton_Live_Suite_v9.2.3_WiN_x86_x64-D33P57A7U5

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10264813/Cakewalk_SONAR_X3_Producer_Edition_(__update_to_version_e)

Well.... I'm aware is always somewhere free way to get, but this is only good if don't care about support, updates and do only as home for yourself.
I'm seeing things a little bit different, I use to do programming and still do some, so I got a little respect for programmers, for value time spending to developing great software.
But that's me, my opinion. Wink
Performers Heaven
jac38

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure support is not possible but updates can sometimes work or get the latest version. Those users that use the software on a pro level, usually don't want to take the risk of using illegal software, so the software makers dont go broke as that is the biggest group of users. There is a rather small group of users that even know where to get them, and how to get everything to work.

When filesharing was new the film, music and game industries was crying out about loosing big money, and this is partly true when it comes to music, but movie and games has never been as big as it is now, and the same goes for software..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: